Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 07:14 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
And when you see "shooting, 20 dead" what race do you think?
That’s by design.
Attached Thumbnails
This is hard to watch. Ghetto Savages in Jamaica Hills beat up Senior Citizen.-f6bfb89d-2d6e-4bb7-9587-64932e1a35e7.jpeg  

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 07:31 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Who grows up and says I want to be middle class? You've been duped too....lol
I was fortunate to have my parents to guide me.
I was taught if I worked hard enough I would retire in comfort.
I listened and believe to have succeeded. If this is what it is
like to be middle class then I am thankful for having been duped.......

Old 09-04-2019, 08:26 PM

You mean the mass shootings that are publicized.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-04-2019, 08:48 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
That’s by design.
I'm mind blown this wasn't more known news. You have a point.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:05 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
That’s by design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
I'm mind blown this wasn't more known news. You have a point.
I hear you both, I honestly and truly do

But the honest truth is if I want to hear any news about Alabama period, I gotta go searching for it...I honestly could not tell the last time if watching our local news channels, or reading our local papers, if any of them mentioned anything about Alabama at all...save for maybe a hurricane affecting the Gulf Coast...

Not saying you guys aren't on to something, but Alabama...we never hear anything about Alabama...

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-05-2019, 06:15 AM

I’m not talking about local news though. National news only publicizes mass shooting if a white or Asian male is doing the shooting. There are mass shootings in Chicago every weekend, always black shooters. We had one in Brooklyn a few weeks ago and an attempted one just the other night that the cops ended quickly.

Unless they can push the white guy with guns agenda that leads to talk of gun control, you just won’t hear about it. That’s a fact. It’s a myth that only white guys commit mass shootings. I’ve tried finding the true numbers and it’s impossible.

Think about it. This isn’t a conspiracy. It’s right in front of our faces. Chicago is a war zone. Why is it not a major part of the gun control discussion? Why do only the occasional mass shootings conducted by white guys bring out the politicians to rehash their gun control nonsense?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:38 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
I’m not talking about local news though. National news only publicizes mass shooting if a white or Asian male is doing the shooting. There are mass shootings in Chicago every weekend, always black shooters. We had one in Brooklyn a few weeks ago and an attempted one just the other night that the cops ended quickly.

Unless they can push the white guy with guns agenda that leads to talk of gun control, you just won’t hear about it. That’s a fact. It’s a myth that only white guys commit mass shootings. I’ve tried finding the true numbers and it’s impossible.

Think about it. This isn’t a conspiracy. It’s right in front of our faces. Chicago is a war zone. Why is it not a major part of the gun control discussion? Why do only the occasional mass shootings conducted by white guys bring out the politicians to rehash their gun control nonsense?
You know what, I recently just started watching CNN a little more often than I normally do, which is prolly only a few times a year. I caught Beto dropping the F-bomb on CNN live last Sunday morning. So I can't dispel anything you're saying. I'll be paying attention though

In regards to Chicago though, the mayor is pointing her finger at Indiana's lax gun laws. Me, I just point fingers at everybody.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-05-2019, 07:14 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,219,565 times
The problem with Chicago is that it is catch and release for gun crimes. See Ted Cruz's Tweet storm to the Mayor of Chicago.

At least in NYC, they prosecute gun laws, it makes a difference.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:29 AM

We don’t prosecute gun crimes here either. Look at recent news regarding Brooklyn’s gun diversion program.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:49 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Too many people are having kids that are not financially, mentally or emotionally ready to have kids. This is a big problem. We need to stress quality over quantity in terms of producing children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City