Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 01:11 PM

201 posts, read 85,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
To the person who called me "him." Nope, I'm female.

Secondly, I also don't work in a "diverse" and "woke" environment. I own my own business (gasp! I picked myself up from my bootstraps lol). I despise woke culture, diversity points and SJWs, so anyone who thinks that just because I am calling out ultra-conservatives I must be a tweeting crybaby millennial is wrong. It's just that so many people on this board are bat**** crazy lol.
What are the traits of an ultra conservative?

Old 10-19-2019, 02:28 PM

31,947 posts, read 27,066,154 times
Furthermore,

Many more than some of you think have "conservative" views, but have learned to keep their mouths shut, and or not post out of fears of retribution.

Just one snowflake or whatever gets offended and runs to media or what and people can loose their job over something posted/said on their own time totally away from work.

Old 10-19-2019, 02:37 PM

31,947 posts, read 27,066,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
City Data is an old, and old-fashioned, message board. It probably attracts an older, more conservative crowd. Whereas younger, more liberal folks prefer Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Plus, those social media sites are increasingly banning conservative comments. They've become "safe places" for liberals. Hence, liberals spend more time there, and conservatives congregate at other venues, such as City Data.
Instagram and Twitter are just other side of Facebook.

All are populated mostly by same sorts; people who are rather full of themselves (or family) that they believe entire world is interested in minute by minute or daily update of every thing that happens in their lives. This starts from waking up, to what they've had for breakfast, commute to work.....

Ms. Betty White nailed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb4rS3VuB_8

Worst are the Instahoes both guys and girls, straight or whatever. Most funny of that group are the guys who swear they are "straight" but post daily (if not hourly) photos of themselves at the gym, exercising, working out, on trips, hanging out, clubbing, etc... all of course wearing revealing clothing.

Then they get all upset when gays follow them and or approach them some place.

Old 10-19-2019, 03:30 PM

30,664 posts, read 18,290,146 times
The forum is full of characters, but so is NYC. I wouldn't have it any other way

Old 10-19-2019, 03:46 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,702,343 times
Quote:
Why does this forum skew so right?

If you only read this forum to get an idea of what NYC is like, you'd think we're all gun-toting, immigrant hating, Bernie Sanders bashing conservatives. You'd think we're all racists and just millionaires in the making, too.

What gives? This forum represents probably like 10% of the actual NYC population. What is it about this forum that attracts so many right wingers?
From what I've read, conservatives are over-represented online

In the case of this forum, I've mentioned that some posters started insulting DeBlasio so early, before he even settled into office, that they were sounding suspiciously like shills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The forum is full of characters, but so is NYC. I wouldn't have it any other way
Okay, but that has nothing to do with the OP's subject. NYC as a whole definitely leans left, so if it's true that the forum leans right, it's reasonable to wonder why.

Last edited by Cida; 10-19-2019 at 04:01 PM..

Old 10-19-2019, 03:52 PM

3,741 posts, read 3,480,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
From what I've read, conservatives are over-represented online

In the case of this forum, I've mentioned that some posters started insulting DeBlasio so early, before he even settled into office, that they were sounding suspiciously like shills.
A lot of life long Democrats dislike deblasio

Old 10-19-2019, 04:03 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,702,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
A lot of life long Democrats dislike deblasio
Personally, I've never met any Democrat who disliked DeBlasio beforehand, and certainly never heard any of them criticizing him before he even began.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:05 PM

201 posts, read 85,351 times
I am not much into modern politics but the behavior of some groups is really frightening and it is like politicians have infected immense swaths of people with evil and now they are possessed to hurt others with their pain. People have become very intolerant and full of hate and want to harm people that think differently than their group. It is a sad state of affairs and a lot of people actually think their nastiness is crafty and inherently better than the others.

Meanwhile the economy is flying higher than ever. I do not see many people suffering in NYC. The economy is great. People are heavily divided and intolerant to the poont of impunity, violence against others, and loss of any sense of kindness.

I just live in my own tiny world and do the best I can with people today.

Old 10-19-2019, 05:37 PM

34,128 posts, read 47,356,745 times
Quote:
Why does this forum skew so right?

If you only read this forum to get an idea of what NYC is like, you'd think we're all gun-toting, immigrant hating, Bernie Sanders bashing conservatives. You'd think we're all racists and just millionaires in the making, too.

What gives? This forum represents probably like 10% of the actual NYC population. What is it about this forum that attracts so many right wingers?
Right wing, left wing

Same bird

Meh

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-19-2019, 05:57 PM

30,664 posts, read 18,290,146 times
I prefer the conservative presence vs. this:

https://twitter.com/SergioGor/status...29130922860544

Note, I don't even think that this forum is that out of whack in terms of political balance. The GOP presence in NYC is depressed in part because many Republicans don't vote as it won't make a difference in most races. Similarly, many won't express conservative viewpoints in public as they don't want to be attacked like the video above (or worse).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: