Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 09:12 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I don't understand why you felt a need to respond to his comment the way you did. From your brief resume posted above, none of what he said should even apply to you.
He called out "Right Wingers". If I support Trump, what am I in his mind?

Exactly.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:14 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
He called out "Right Wingers". If I support Trump, what am I in his mind?

Exactly.
I don't think it honestly matters when you're discussing it in a historical context like he did. This thread has nothing to do with Trump. We're an NYC forum remember. We're discussing "liberal" and "conservative" views at the municipal level.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-20-2019, 10:09 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
From what I've read, conservatives are over-represented online

That's because Leftist thugs rule the streets. A conservative is liable to be physically assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat. So we congregate online instead.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:12 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
That's because Leftist thugs rule the streets. A conservative is liable to be physically assaulted for wearing a MAGA hat. So we congregate online instead.
Before Trump and Mags hats you were online and on am radio. And most leftists are not thugs. Right wingers have more then their share of nationalists, militia members, thugs, and conspiracy nuts.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
I am pretty sure the vast majority of posters here were clutching their pearls and warning us all that NYC was going to become a crime infested cesspool after 1 week of DeBlasio as mayor. I think it’s safe to say your fellow right wingers were wrong ...

Well, no. I was born & raised in Queens, and still have family there. They tell me that DeBlasio is opening homeless centers all along Queens Blvd, and crime committed by homeless crazies is increasing.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Don't call conservatives snow flakes. They don't like that, the poor scamps.

Conservatives merely complain. Whereas Leftists sue, demand the offender be fired, or lash out violently.

So who's the snowflake?

Old 10-20-2019, 10:19 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
I'm 100% Latino born and raised in the Bronx. I lean right but more center right. Pretty conservative on most things but not everything.

Anyway, I don't fit into your "RIGHT WINGER Irish Italian who hates blacks" assumption above. I am none of those things. That's the number #1 problem of some people, they like to put people into a box and pretend they know who WE are. You don't.

Surprise! there are many minorities who are republican and maybe, just maybe, support Trump. But of course you have a derogatory name for people like us. Which is fine...I guess. We will just quietly vote for Trump again in 2020 and you will all wonder what happened.... Again.

When I work there are a high number of minorities, and you will be surprised how many minorities at my job secretly don't mind Trump. They just stay quiet about it publicly which leads people like you to think ALL Trump supporters are white right wingers.
I am Puerto Rican from the Bronx. I have voted Republican several times. But voting for Trump is something you would need to do secretly because it makes no sense. Conservatism used to mean something else. Yet anyway pm me if you like to discuss further.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:23 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
But voting for Trump is something you would need to do secretly because it makes no sense.
Last I checked, we can vote for anyone we want to FREELY without being shamed.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:40 AM

201 posts, read 85,133 times
Quote:
Last I checked, we can vote for anyone we want to FREELY without being shamed.
Not true. I think voting records (in NYC) are no longer private. They are a click of a mouse away.

Regardless of who you vote for, it is scary how so many peoples psyche is now highjacked with pure hate, violence and a vengence to harm others. It is very scary - those are the ones who should be called out, not who voted for what or who.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:59 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I think this has run it’s course.

The fact of the matter is no ideology rules this forum. No one is being chased out. If lefty ideals are underrepresented here, recruit more people with that mindset to post.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: