Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 06:45 PM

19,072 posts, read 14,006,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Personally, I've never met any Democrat who disliked DeBlasio beforehand, and certainly never heard any of them criticizing him before he even began.
Began what? Mayor? Many of us knew of him loooooong before that when he was a council member. I worked in his district for 10 years. Besides, anyone who followed his first mayoral election knew what was coming. We didn’t have to wait for his swearing in to complain about his plans.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-19-2019, 08:43 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,911,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
I'm not a complete liberal (for example, I am staunchly against illegal immigration and I have a huge issue with Chinese money in NYC) but even I am aghast sometimes at the stuff that gets said here.

Like, poor people shouldn't have access to eye exams? A congresswoman can't spend money on a hair cut and color? Immigrants shouldn't be able to get driving licenses? Some of this is BATTY.
I agree.. i laugh because it truly shows how out of touch with the times some ppl are

Old 10-19-2019, 09:24 PM

912 posts, read 1,133,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Began what? Mayor? Many of us knew of him loooooong before that when he was a council member. I worked in his district for 10 years. Besides, anyone who followed his first mayoral election knew what was coming. We didn’t have to wait for his swearing in to complain about his plans.
I am pretty sure the vast majority of posters here were clutching their pearls and warning us all that NYC was going to become a crime infested cesspool after 1 week of DeBlasio as mayor. I think it’s safe to say your fellow right wingers were wrong, as they usually are on most matters.

———————————————————————————-

In regards to the OP’s question, the reason why this forum tilts so far to the right is 2-fold. Demographics, older generations tend to be more conservative, and second, it’s exhausting to read nonsense thread after nonsense thread. At first, it can be fun to argue in the newest whacky, hilariously horrible threads some of these posters come up with. But the cascade of nonsense posts is too much.

I mean, it would be one thing to debate the merits of best police practices, street design, universal pre-K, etc, but the responses you will find on this board are the following: “Gunshots fired in subway.” “See, this is what diversity gets you!” “This is the new normal under DeBoso” “This is what happens when you don’t let the police work without restrictions.” Etc. Etc. I am paraphrasing here, these are not exact quotes, but you get the idea. People here will blindly follow headlines that confirm their bias and ignore facts like overall crime is down. You can point out statistics and facts to them until you’re blue on the face, but the next day you’ll inevitably see another nonsense thread.

Of course, the right wingers here will say it’s because liberals are snowflakes, or that this board is not the usually echo chamber for liberalism that some platforms are. The irony is, they fail to realize they created their own echo chamber of conservative snowflakes.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:42 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,605,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
I am pretty sure the vast majority of posters here were clutching their pearls and warning us all that NYC was going to become a crime infested cesspool after 1 week of DeBlasio as mayor. I think it’s safe to say your fellow right wingers were wrong, as they usually are on most matters.

———————————————— ——————————-

In regards to the OP’s question, the reason why this forum tilts so far to the right is 2-fold. Demographics, older generations tend to be more conservative, and second, it’s exhausting to read nonsense thread after nonsense thread. At first, it can be fun to argue in the newest whacky, hilariously horrible threads some of these posters come up with. But the cascade of nonsense posts is too much.

I mean, it would be one thing to debate the merits of best police practices, street design, universal pre-K, etc, but the responses you will find on this board are the following: “Gunshots fired in subway.” “See, this is what diversity gets you!” “This is the new normal under DeBoso” “This is what happens when you don’t let the police work without restrictions.” Etc. Etc. I am paraphrasing here, these are not exact quotes, but you get the idea. People here will blindly follow headlines that confirm their bias and ignore facts like overall crime is down. You can point out statistics and facts to them until you’re blue on the face, but the next day you’ll inevitably see another nonsense thread.

Of course, the right wingers here will say it’s because liberals are snowflakes, or that this board is not the usually echo chamber for liberalism that some platforms are. The irony is, they fail to realize they created their own echo chamber of conservative snowflakes.
Don't call conservatives snow flakes. They don't like that, the poor scamps.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:47 AM

See, now we have an example of what I described earlier.

You’re flirting with the line of personal attacks. No one else did that, this thread has chugged along fine until the above post.

As I always say: consider this your warning.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-20-2019, 07:00 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,359,246 times
The OP's immediate use of the catch-all term "right-wing" to refer to all of us who refuse to submit to the Doctrines of Political Correctness merely serves to emphasize his/her own prejudices and stereotyping.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:25 AM

201 posts, read 85,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The OP's immediate use of the catch-all term "right-wing" to refer to all of us who refuse to submit to the Doctrines of Political Correctness merely serves to emphasize his/her own prejudices and stereotyping.
The city is just chalk full of people that were taught Hate.

Parents teach kids to relentlessly hate certain skin color groups. Colleges teach women to hate men. Churches teach people to hate other trains of thoughts. Politicians are likened to computer hackers that insert viruses into the minds of massive groups of people. HR departments are awarded for being hateful against certain groups of people. The media just spins it all around and fuels the fires.

It's just a bunch of hate hate hate. The OP came here threatening to harm anybody who opposes their agenda or else, you get fired from your job? What Ever.

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

Old 10-20-2019, 07:37 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,637,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post

———————————————— ——————————-

+100 (if I could)

Old 10-20-2019, 08:48 AM

Keep it on topic or this will be closed.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:10 AM

34,135 posts, read 47,370,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I'm 100% Latino born and raised in the Bronx. I lean right but more center right. Pretty conservative on most things but not everything.

Anyway, I don't fit into your "RIGHT WINGER Irish Italian who hates blacks" assumption above. I am none of those things. That's the number #1 problem of some people, they like to put people into a box and pretend they know who WE are. You don't.

Surprise! there are many minorities who are republican and maybe, just maybe, support Trump. But of course you have a derogatory name for people like us. Which is fine...I guess. We will just quietly vote for Trump again in 2020 and you will all wonder what happened.... Again.

When I work there are a high number of minorities, and you will be surprised how many minorities at my job secretly don't mind Trump. They just stay quiet about it publicly which leads people like you to think ALL Trump supporters are white right wingers.
I don't understand why you felt a need to respond to his comment the way you did. From your brief resume posted above, none of what he said should even apply to you.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: