Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 06:08 PM

286 posts, read 211,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Street Soldiers - Lisa Evers

Are u serious

I'll just name people all day until you get it

Because you dont get it
Speaking where? On their twitter accounts? Of course some are speaking. The problem is that almost no one hear them. For them to be heard they have to say that on major TV channels.
Just show me a link to a TV program where a prominent black figure speaks against BLM or stating that black on black violence is a bigger problem than racist cops killing innocent blacks.
I am all eyes and ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
what often happens is that the same blacks who you speak of, are vilified and receive backlash, from members of the same community. Usually because many minorities are or have been through the system, or certain people paint that person as holier than thou because of it. So people stay quiet because they dont want to deal.. Can you blame em?
That is what happens and I don't blame them. But they can voice their dislike of the situations to the politicians who should be able to speak about it publicly without being afraid of harrasment.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:52 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banbuk77 View Post
Speaking where? On their twitter accounts? Of course some are speaking. The problem is that almost no one hear them. For them to be heard they have to say that on major TV channels.
Just show me a link to a TV program where a prominent black figure speaks against BLM or stating that black on black violence is a bigger problem than racist cops killing innocent blacks.
I am all eyes and ears.
Umm, start watching Black Media? I don't know what else to tell you.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-26-2020, 10:03 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times
Quote:
Tony Herbert in Brooklyn speaks out about gang violence all the time. The proof is there, you're just ignorant to it. The Internet has all of this information, and instead of you look for it yourself, you come on here with these baseless thoughts. Who has time for this.
Black people all the time say that they want the policemen, They just dont want them to be rude, abusive, engaging in false arrests, or in extreme instances, kill them.

Nuance is something that some folks just seem capable of. One can support the cops while deploring police abuse.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
what often happens is that the same blacks who you speak of, are vilified and receive backlash, from members of the same community. Usually because many minorities are or have been through the system, or certain people paint that person as holier than thou because of it. So people stay quiet because they dont want to deal.. Can you blame em?
Ridiculed by who. There are all sorts of community groups dealing with criminal issues so the notion that no one cares about crime is preposterous. Of course you favor blacks being arrested for jay walking while white men in suits do so with pleasure.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Why should he when FAUX News and the NY (hysterical) Post is all he has the cognitive ability to deal with as he processes his personal rage.

Old 01-26-2020, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Why should he when FAUX News and the NY (hysterical) Post is all he has the cognitive ability to deal with as he processes his personal rage.
Facts

Old 01-26-2020, 01:57 PM

874 posts, read 454,648 times
Quote:
Bloomberg aint do a got damn thing for the black community
but greenlight gentrification with his developer buddies and sent blacks to jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
No amount of politics is going to help minority youth
not end up in prison. I don't understand why people can't get that this is an
upbringing issue, not one related to policy! Being poor does not give people a free
pass to crime - a lack of morality does. Morality and manners are learned at home.

upbringing/blacks going to jail....my parents...

. . .were NOT perfect with us, and some areas in parenting that they....missed. BUT they did instill:
say please, thank you, wash your hands before coming to the table...brush, introduced us to a lot
of cultural things....took us so many places....+++

while there are millions of hardworking black families, construction worker, accountant, dr's/nurses,
businessmen, teachers, comedians, astrophysicists,lawyers, judges, elected officials, senator,
TV talk show host, zillionaire rapper, soldiers, police...x-President of the United States,
etc, etc, job/career.

there's a separate culture. gangsta rap was/is a big influence on the 'minority youth,
african-latino community.' rap went from ....soft rap to:

this underlying theme in rap for decades now (of thuggery & violence intermingled with guns).....
the kids love it. ...it's anti-everything that's nice....

this is why i can't believe things. there's a million jobs out there; this, that and the other thing.
don't be guilted into thinking it's - "your fault" or the ‘economy's fault’
(like they DID well into the 90’s and then some) and used that as an excuse for....the problems...
+ who dominates in jails. And if you watch courttv, plenty of whites go to jail too.

...I don't reach for RAP. it's still going strong though. black groups/singers gave me plenty to listen to forever...
some of the best music ever made.

construction worker, accountant, dr's, /nurses, businessmen, teachers, comedians, astrophysicists..., lawyers,
judges, elected officials, senator, TV talk show host, zillionaire rapper, soldiers, police...x-President of the United States--etc, etc, job/career

there's something not right in the kid's household to make THEM go to brighton beach in broad
daylight, walk in, beat up the store employees and swipe 20+ coats. it's...disturbing and it's not
just this one incident - it's years & years of 'these [lifestyle] incidents.'

Old 01-26-2020, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Why isn't it on the mainstream networks? ABC, NBC and so on where most people get their news and learn how they should think.
If blacks lives really matter then why no one publicly confronts BLM and point to their focusing on the problem that is 100 times less lethal to black community than black on black crime? That is what would count, not some talk on "black media".
If this is so common as you say, why not providing a link to someone confronting BLM in their face on some popular platform? You said you could go all day long. No need to spend so much time, one link would be enough. Because all I hear is about bad racist cops.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banbuk77 View Post
Why isn't it on the mainstream networks? ABC, NBC and so on where most people get their news and learn how they should think.
If blacks lives really matter then why no one publicly confronts BLM and point to their focusing on the problem that is 100 times less lethal to black community than black on black crime? That is what would count, not some talk on "black media".
If this is so common as you say, why not providing a link to someone confronting BLM in their face on some popular platform? You said you could go all day long. No need to spend so much time, one link would be enough. Because all I hear is about bad racist cops.
You're asking me??? Ask ABC and NBC!

but at the end of the day lets stop playing games with each other.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City