Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 11:25 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times

Advertisements

RIP.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...tribute-at-msg

The incredible life and tragic death of NBA legend Kobe Bryant had many devastated fans flocking to a tribute in lights Sunday at Madison Square Garden.

“He inspired so many. He was an upstanding human and it’s also a shame that his daughter was involved in the crash," said one fan.

“He was just a great person, a great father. My heart and my condolences go out to his wife. I can’t even fathom what his wife must feel right now to lose a 13 year old, plus a husband on top of that," said another fan.

Many fans tell NY1 they held out hope the initial reports of Bryant’s death were part of a hoax.

One fan who came to the NBA Store Sunday in Midtown Sunday said despite being born and raised in New York City.The Lakers became his favorite team after Bryant joined right out of high school in 1996.

"I idolized Kobe. When my girlfriend Priscilla told me the news, I literally just broke down into tears," said the fan. "It was hard. Just his determination, his work ethic, the fact that he never settled, he always pushed himself to continue to be great."

The eventual confirmation of Bryant’s death had friends from California, who are lifelong Lakers fans, in tears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 11:29 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
1998 All-Star Game in NYC, he made me a fan after that

RIP

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-27-2020, 09:12 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Empire State Building lit up in Lakers' purple and gold to honor Kobe Bryant

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/worl...ur-kobe-bryant

Old 01-27-2020, 10:02 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Meh, who cares. People die in tragedy everyday. Why is he special? Hundreds of other people died today in accidents just in the US.

Wahh. Sorry your millionaire basketball life ended early!

*Another kid dies at age 4 in the Bronx and no one cares*

Old 01-27-2020, 11:43 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Meh, who cares. People die in tragedy everyday. Why is he special? Hundreds of other people died today in accidents just in the US.

He was no ordinary person. He was a very, very gifted athlete who could do things that you nor anyone you know could ever do. His drive, ambitions, hard work, dedication and commitments to excellence were unmatched. He was also a very charitable human being who gave away more money and time to people in need than you would have in your lifetime. There are billions of regular people on this planet. Only a few truly gifted and unique people. He was one of those people. If you can't grasp why he was special then you're either ignorant or jealous of the attention he is getting.

Kobe Bryant will be missed.
RIP

Old 01-27-2020, 11:49 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
He was no ordinary person. He was a very, very gifted athlete who could do things that you nor anyone you know could ever do. His drive, ambitions, hard work, dedication and commitments to excellence were unmatched. He was also a very charitable human being who gave away more money and time to people in need than you would have in your lifetime. There are billions of regular people on this planet. Only a few truly gifted and unique people. He was one of those people. If you can't grasp why he was special then you're either ignorant or jealous of the attention he is getting.

Kobe Bryant will be missed.
RIP
Another 2,000+ kids died from disease across the the world since you posted this. Let’s weep together for Kobe dying in his helicopter...

It sucks, man. The point is that people die everyday and Kobe didn’t do anything more than them but be good at tossing a basketball.

Cry me a river...

Old 01-28-2020, 06:35 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post

I have to agree here. Celebrities are put on a pedestal and worshiped like Gods. Kobe was a great athlete but he was 6'6 and the son of a former basket ball player.

Now, a truly gifted athlete is 5 Foot 3 Muggsy Bogues. Dude played during the Jordan era and held his own.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:19 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,239,034 times
Eh his wife will inherit 500-800 million
She is set for life
Kobe will be replaced by the end of the year by a new boyfriend

Let’s see if she pays for all 9 funerals

Old 01-28-2020, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 916 times
I agree with most people here, but I'd still say that his death is a pretty big deal. It's the same as M.Jackson or F.Mercury for the fans of their music.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:37 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Opinion:

One thing is true. Nobody is perfect. I remember his extramarital affairs many many years ago.
I admired how he grew away from that and finally focused on family, good deeds, leading by example
and continuing to do the right thing up util he met his maker. R.I.P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City