Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2020, 02:58 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,605,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Bring a bag...
I do! I bring my backpack, a shoulder bag, and then use one of their brown bags to carry. I'm not stock piling either. I eat a lot of fresh produce and veggies. So I need to go to the store every few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, and during this pandemic and maybe afterwards, bag the items yourself. Limit your contact and exposure of surfaces that you touch from other people, especially since the coronavirus seems to live especially long on plastic surfaces.
I always bag the items myself when I put them in my bags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 07:26 AM

357 posts, read 125,312 times
They might push it back even further than May 15th.

Old 03-24-2020, 02:15 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,774 times
Push it back forever. People bringing their own bags is obviously nasty as hell since most people are slobs and the whole idea of the ban to begin with was all liberal virtue signaling BS.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:58 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,879,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Is the ban on hold at all? I went to 2 different food stores (one a supermarket and one an ethnic grocery) and both were giving out plastic bags to customers.

same. i went to keyfood and said wait. sh** just got real

Old 03-24-2020, 07:02 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Push it back forever. People bringing their own bags is obviously nasty as hell since most people are slobs and the whole idea of the ban to begin with was all liberal virtue signaling BS.
Or have people bag their own groceries.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:18 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,355,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
same. i went to keyfood and said wait. sh** just got real
I was at a Keyfood just under 2 weeks ago and they were still giving out plastic bags there as well.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:34 AM

Speaking of bags, Trader Joes at Union square shut down due to an employee confirmed with corona.

Whole foods Byrant park and Columbus circle have had employees confirmed as well.

I was at Whole foods uptown yesterday and I talked to the cashier and they aren't alllowed to wear face masks. Perhaps people can complain the officials not only about the bag issue but also allowing employees to be able to wear masks if that want to.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:59 AM

3,345 posts, read 2,307,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Speaking of bags, Trader Joes at Union square shut down due to an employee confirmed with corona.

Whole foods Byrant park and Columbus circle have had employees confirmed as well.

I was at Whole foods uptown yesterday and I talked to the cashier and they aren't alllowed to wear face masks. Perhaps people can complain the officials not only about the bag issue but also allowing employees to be able to wear masks if that want to.
https://www.salemnews.com/news/local...5cbb98c35.html

Should Cuomo follow suit? I personally think he should.
All local bans or fee ordinances are suspended too.

Apparently I am noticing all the states, locals, and countries with most hospitalizations for COVID 19 happens to be ones with the most such emotional driven eco ordinances and propaganda bandwagon mentality.
These ordinances are not aimed at researching a substitute but behavior change to get people to live what they believe is a "green" lifestyle. You may find another disposable product to substitute plastic ones but in this day and age don't coerce people into reuse. Such products were results of lessons learned in the last such as Hepatitis and other disease outbreaks as a result of contacting poorly sanitized reusable items.

Also while Eco friendly detergents while more friendly for those with allergies and the environment I read somewhere they aren't designed to disinfect. Thus its another concern when there are disease outbreaks.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:44 PM

Just walked to trader Joe's. They are no longer taking personal bags to bag groceries. And no longer charging for paper. And as of this morning, 3 locations in Manhattan are closed. I had to wait a long time to get into the store due to social distancing, but once in the store they had everything I needed and shopping without the isles full was quite relaxing. Hopefully I got enough to last me for the week.

Old 07-13-2020, 11:50 AM

So Whole Foods is back to charging 5 cents for bags as is the Dollar Tree. Last week when I went to Trader Joes they didn't but I'm going again this week and will see if they started up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City