Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 07:48 AM

6,701 posts, read 3,003,954 times

Advertisements

people don't need to flee to spread it. They are all still going out and about right where they are. Parks and trails busy. Playdates. People using town tennis courts, basketball courts.

The Sheriff of my town sent out a strongly worded message i the effect of,..wtf, people?!

Old 03-26-2020, 08:13 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,153,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
people don't need to flee to spread it. They are all still going out and about right where they are. Parks and trails busy. Playdates. People using town tennis courts, basketball courts.

The Sheriff of my town sent out a strongly worded message i the effect of,..wtf, people?!
What town? Is this within NYC? I didn’t know we have sheriffs here unless it’s just something I’m unfamiliar with.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 AM

19,070 posts, read 14,002,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
What town? Is this within NYC? I didn’t know we have sheriffs here unless it’s just something I’m unfamiliar with.
Every borough (county) has a sheriff’s office. In fact I just gave someone the number for ours 10 minutes ago.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-26-2020, 08:33 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,742,372 times
Quote:
Then you're not paying attention!

Every county must have a sheriff, in NYC their car looks like an NYPD car except it says sheriff instead. Their job is to enforce court judgements

Old 03-26-2020, 08:40 AM

18,481 posts, read 31,678,189 times
just found out my co-worker that i share the office space with, his wife has the flu, he E mailed me Tuesday morning to say he wasnt coming in, had to take care of his son (he is 35) and her other symptoms are sore throat, fever, the whole 9.

we asked him if he is getting tested and we got a wishy washy answer. So, my other worker went on a tyraid about how stupid this kid is. OMG, and I'm the one that shares the office space with him.

I can't tell you the amount of times in the last 21 years that this dumb boy, that doesn't do antibiotics and doctors the way I do....

OMFG, we are not happy campers here, and we are open, as we are considered essential for what we do here...modified staff of course......

ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2020, 08:43 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,136,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It's not really possible to escape the meltdown at this point. The meltdown is spreading across the country so fast now that it would be like trying to outrun a tidal wave. Look at the way the numbers are rising in Louisiana,Florida,Michigan, Ohio,Arizona,Illinois,Georgia and Texas. Those places are at most only 2 weeks behind NY and some of those places are still doing virtually no testing and doing nothing to slow down the spread.
At this point there is no place to hide. The virus is in total control . The only way this could have been stopped would have been to institute a uniform nationwide shutdown 3 or 4 weeks ago. If we had done that it might be ending now instead of just barely beginning.
I'm just saying, if I knew a tsunami or hurricane was about to hit my city I would be heading for higher ground ASAP. You might get rained on elsewhere, but at least you won't get completely flooded out.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I moved to lower Westchester last Fall. But still have a Studio in midtown. My tenant went back to her mom in Jersey for now.

Looks beautiful out today.,.but weekend seems to be raining so maybe people will stay Indoors this time!
;p

Old 03-26-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
No, I guess I wasn't paying attention. So the sheriffs in NYC are making announcements about coronavirus, which is what the poster above was saying about her "town"?

I guess I'm a bit confused. If a sheriff is for a county, then why would a "town" sheriff be making a coronavirus annoucnement?

Anyway it really doesn't matter as I'm getting enough info as it is.
I signed up for announcement. a few of them actually, town, sherriff, and Cuomo's one. pretty neat.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:53 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,448,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I moved to lower Westchester last Fall. But still have a Studio in midtown. My tenant went back to her mom in Jersey for now.

Looks beautiful out today.,.but weekend seems to be raining so maybe people will stay Indoors this time!
;p
This weekend will be a good time to move around due to people staying indoors, and the rain water washing away the coronavirus into the sewars.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:57 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,898,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Every borough (county) has a sheriff’s office. In fact I just gave someone the number for ours 10 minutes ago.
I believe the urban alias for a Sheriff is a Marshall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City