Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2020, 08:21 PM

5,746 posts, read 2,647,856 times

Advertisements

I'm willing to the roll the dice. I'm not stopping living "because something might happen".
I could die tomorrow from a getting hit by a car or a gun shot. Seriously a million things could cause death. You wanna spend your life locked away. Enjoy it! I wont!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 08:59 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,765,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you are willing to roll the dice this year, than so be it. However, if the experts are correct. When winter comes this year, the 2nd wave will kill much more people. It's already known that people who recovered from COVID19 can get sick again. Virus can stay dormant in the body when it can't replicate successfully. Once your body weakens during the winter it can come back. What I am worried about is the perfect storm this winter. The amount of people who recovered and will get sick again, the 2nd time it maybe fatal if people can't get medical attention in time. It is best to wait for the vaccines to be available by next year this time.
Lets stay in until 2023

Old 05-25-2020, 09:00 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,765,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I'm willing to the roll the dice. I'm not stopping living "because something might happen".
I could die tomorrow from a getting hit by a car or a gun shot. Seriously a million things could cause death. You wanna spend your life locked away. Enjoy it! I wont!
Post of the day

Old 05-25-2020, 10:36 PM

416 posts, read 248,480 times
Quote:
If you are willing to roll the dice this year, than so be it. However, if the experts are correct. When winter comes this year, the 2nd wave will kill much more people. It's already known that people who recovered from COVID19 can get sick again. Virus can stay dormant in the body when it can't replicate successfully. Once your body weakens during the winter it can come back. What I am worried about is the perfect storm this winter. The amount of people who recovered and will get sick again, the 2nd time it maybe fatal if people can't get medical attention in time. It is best to wait for the vaccines to be available by next year this time.
When have experts been correct so far?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:19 AM

25,397 posts, read 37,151,865 times
I get a bang out of people who wear a mask but not covering their noses.

N95 mask, actually called a respirator, filters 95% of smallest particles. "Surgical masks", the blue pleated ones, filter about 80%. Adding a folded kleenex between a surgical mask and face raises protection to 90%, so that is what I do.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:31 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,826,827 times
I wear a mask when I'm inside a store as a curtesy to the workers and other shoppers. I do not wear one outside because I'm never around large crowds. I suppose if I was I wouldn't have a problem wearing one. I think that's pretty reasonable IMO. Not sure why people can't just make this small sacrifice regardless of what their views are on the subject matter.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:44 AM

25,397 posts, read 37,151,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The mask is to protect others from you (rather than the other way around) as one can be an asymptomatic carrier without knowing it.
So then why do doctors and nurses all wear masks? To protect their patients or to protect THEMSELVES?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:47 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,826,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So then why do doctors and nurses all wear masks? To protect their patients or to protect THEMSELVES?
Both?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:48 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,728,110 times
Quote:
When winter comes this year, the 2nd wave will kill much more people.
"There will be a second wave, but the problem is to which extent. Is it a small wave or a big wave? It's too early to say," said Olivier Schwartz, head of the virus and immunity unit at France's Pasteur Institute.

Quote:

It's already known that people who recovered from COVID19 can get sick again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uATMbGK__Tg

Old 05-26-2020, 09:22 AM

8,942 posts, read 4,789,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I wear a mask when I'm inside a store as a curtesy to the workers and other shoppers. I do not wear one outside because I'm never around large crowds. I suppose if I was I wouldn't have a problem wearing one. I think that's pretty reasonable IMO. Not sure why people can't just make this small sacrifice regardless of what their views are on the subject matter.
That's how I feel about it but some think it sets a "dangerous precedent" to our "liberty". Who knows. Perhaps. I'm not looking forward to still having to wear one when out exercising or when the weather tops above 80 in high humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City