Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 09:16 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Well, you are not making any sense, dear.

You can chomp on all the broccoli and lettuce you want, if somebody sneezes within 6ft of you, who knows how covid19 will affect you?

Why do medical staff wear gloves and masks and garb in surgical units? Fashion statement?
Thank you. There are tons of examples where perfectly healthy people got really sick, including marathon runners, vegetarians, etc., etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 09:43 AM

2,082 posts, read 1,128,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Thank you. There are tons of examples where perfectly healthy people got really sick, including marathon runners, vegetarians, etc., etc.

One of my son’s friends posted about the death of her 32 year old cousin on FB a coupla weeks back.

There was the case of a Canadian Broadway actor whose leg was amputated from vascular complications 2 weeks ago on account of the virus. The guy is 46 yrs old, I think. I mean, for naysayers, this easily turns into shaming overweight people, and dismissing people above 60 as expendable. I also never understood the whole intergenerational fight btwn the Millenials, the xyz’s, the boomers, whatnot. Just a seriously misdirected attention on silly attributes for a major public health issue.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:46 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I read this article and it said a mother and her adult daughter both died of coronavirus and they were healthy and had no pre-existing conditions. They both weighed almost 300 pounds. It's not about vanity people. It's about keeping yourself in shape for your health. If you have excess weight on your body you are unhealthy.
That's hilarious. Obesity is DEFINITELY a pre-existing condition

300lbs for a Woman is definitely NOT healthy. Love how American news networks describe people like that as "healthy"

Old 05-18-2020, 09:49 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:

You can chomp on all the broccoli and lettuce you want, if somebody sneezes within 6ft of you, who knows how covid19 will affect you?

Why do medical staff wear gloves and masks and garb in surgical units? Fashion statement?
As a well studied medical researcher I agree.

With novel viruses, you're always playing Russian Roulette. Many people do not understand how natural selection works. It's essentially playing genetic lottery. You win you live, you lose you die. There is NO in-between on average.

A better way to ensure you remain alive is do not get exposed.

Enhancing your killer T cells with superb nutrition doesn't guarantee survival if this virus has a stronger affinity for certain blood types for example.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:56 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times
Quote:
One of my son’s friends posted about the death of her 32 year old cousin on FB a coupla weeks back.

There was the case of a Canadian Broadway actor whose leg was amputated from vascular complications 2 weeks ago on account of the virus. The guy is 46 yrs old, I think. I mean, for naysayers, this easily turns into shaming overweight people, and dismissing people above 60 as expendable. I also never understood the whole intergenerational fight btwn the Millenials, the xyz’s, the boomers, whatnot. Just a seriously misdirected attention on silly attributes for a major public health issue.
Agree. I am mom to a millennial and there is no "intergenerational fight" except we're not sure which generation is the most hated. He thinks it's his .

Old 05-18-2020, 09:57 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:

Nick Cordero - I didn't realize he's Canadian. He's only 41, btw.

Also a lot of the pre-existing conditions are just ones that come with age and genetics, like high blood pressure and even diabetes. I have relative who's 58 who has diabetes and he's one of these super in-shape people who watches his diet and has his own personal trainer who comes to his building's private gym to train him a few times a week. Diabetes in his case is purely genetic and definitely not from his behavior.

So...it's really annoying when people say, oh, but that person had a pre-existing condition. Ok, they have diabetes. So they deserve to die at age 58 from a virus?

And there have been many news stories about people in their 30s and 40s who have healthy lifestyles who got severely ill anyway. Some died.

I guess I'm surprised at how cavalier some people are being about this. I believe when it hits home for them (someone they know goes into ICU or dies or they get severely ill themselves) then the attitude may change.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:49 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

Also a lot of the pre-existing conditions are just ones that come with age and genetics, like high blood pressure and even diabetes. I have relative who's 58 who has diabetes and he's one of these super in-shape people who watches his diet and has his own personal trainer who comes to his building's private gym to train him a few times a week. Diabetes in his case is purely genetic and definitely not from his behavior.

So...it's really annoying when people say, oh, but that person had a pre-existing condition. Ok, they have diabetes. So they deserve to die at age 58 from a virus?

And there have been many news stories about people in their 30s and 40s who have healthy lifestyles who got severely ill anyway. Some died.

I guess I'm surprised at how cavalier some people are being about this. I believe when it hits home for them (someone they know goes into ICU or dies or they get severely ill themselves) then the attitude may change.
Then there's people with asthma, people with auto-immune disorders, congenital heart defects, people undergoing cancer treatment, the list goes on and on. People are looking for a reason to justify their actions and declaring that the dead "deserved it" is just that. I sincerely doubt they even believe their own bull**it.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:08 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:

When we walk outside, we are already exposed to all sorts of dirt, viruses, bacteria's and lord knows what else! But only for covid... yes only covid... shall we wear a mask! Think hard.. like really think why this is the case? People have been coughing and sneezing and catching all sorts of flus since day one and thousands of years after but all of a sudden people have to wear a mask for covid

Oh and medical staff wear gloves and masks in surgical units in order to prevent infection of open wounds! What a ridiculous example.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:29 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post

The bold is incorrect. Diabetes and high blood pressure are not simply by genetics or old age - like many of us are led to believe, but are directly caused by a person's diet and lifestyle choices. Both of those conditions are completely reversible!

The fact that you are not aware of insulin resistance and how having this condition creates many metabolic disorders (which include heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure) just show how these high interest groups directly influence the government with their "research" which does nothing but kill people.

I hate to tell you, but the American Diabetic Association is keeping people diabetics. A diabetic has no business consuming any kind of sugar, (which include healthy sounding "whole grains" and "low fats" breads, pastas, crackers, waffles, pancakes, etc) or even potatoes or anything for that matter that exaggerates insulin spikes. Keep eating these things, and yes, one will in old age develop these conditions simply because a younger body hasn't consumed as much in its lifetime than an older person had.

What causes insulin resistance? The combining of bread with either protein or fats. How many sandwiches made with white flour - a deadly poison - do many Americans eat? Pizzas? Hamburgers? Or bagle with cream cheese? All lead to exaggerated insulin spikes and excessive weight gain.

Let me tell you a secret - you're supposed to consume healthy fats - just don't do so with sugar. When something reads "low fat" don't consume it! Healthy fats are being replaced with sugar, which poisons the liver and leads to insulin resistance!

Also, people who have a gut or a belly (when their stomachs are not flat) already have pre-existing condition - non alcoholic fatty liver disease to be exact, and are also insulin resistant. But your primary care physician will never test for insulin resistance until a patient has become a full blown diabetic or prediabetic.

And it's not fat shaming - there's a reason why people are supposed to go to the gym 3 to four times a week, and eat at least 7 cups of vegetables a day.

Healthy living is an entire course on its own, sadly one that many people are not interested in until it's too late.

Old 05-18-2020, 11:36 AM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Then there's people with asthma, people with auto-immune disorders, congenital heart defects, people undergoing cancer treatment, the list goes on and on. People are looking for a reason to justify their actions and declaring that the dead "deserved it" is just that. I sincerely doubt they even believe their own bull**it.
No one on here said the dead deserve to die
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City