Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 07:10 PM

329 posts, read 433,830 times

Advertisements

folks - the language on this site is confusing. Does anybody know if the restrooms in Fort washington park are open?

https://www.nycgovparks.org/about/he...de/coronavirus
The site says this:
Our park restrooms are open. We are cleaning our restrooms daily with appropriate cleaning products to ensure that they are being fully disinfected. Restrooms located within City playgrounds are closed until further notice.

thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 07:17 PM

7,355 posts, read 4,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
folks - the language on this site is confusing. Does anybody know if the restrooms in Fort washington park are open?

https://www.nycgovparks.org/about/he...de/coronavirus
The site says this:
Our park restrooms are open. We are cleaning our restrooms daily with appropriate cleaning products to ensure that they are being fully disinfected. Restrooms located within City playgrounds are closed until further notice.

thx

The exit off the Henry Hudson Parkway is closed. I don't know if they open when the road is closed.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:20 PM

329 posts, read 433,830 times
ouch - we were planning on biking from west end ave and 72 street to fort washington park. Are you saying that path may not be open?

Old 05-27-2020, 07:49 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
I can't answer your question but as a big walker, I walked to parks all over the Bronx and Manhattan. Most restrooms have been closed in most parks.
Its a darn shame. No wonder the homeless pee on the trains.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:40 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
People don't realize this, but parks and playground have different definitions by the Parks Dept.

If you see "park" on the sign, its open:

If you see "playground" on the sign, its closed:

OP, the park bathrooms should be open. But it wouldn't be unlikely if they were closing bathrooms on an individual basis for whatever reason.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-28-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
People don't realize this, but parks and playground have different definitions by the Parks Dept.

If you see "park" on the sign, its open:

If you see "playground" on the sign, its closed:

OP, the park bathrooms should be open. But it wouldn't be unlikely if they were closing bathrooms on an individual basis for whatever reason.
Unfortunately I had too many just choose to close then for whatever reason. To name a few, St Marys, Sound view, Crotona, Central park. (The big bathroom by the steps and sheeps meadow is open but several of the others I tried have been closed).

I would just not plan on it being open and if it is count it a blessing.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:23 PM

874 posts, read 454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam007 View Post

"folks - the language on this site is confusing. Does anybody know if the restrooms
in Fort washington park are open?

The site says this:
Our park restrooms are open. We are cleaning our restrooms daily with appropriate
cleaning products to ensure that they are being fully disinfected. Restrooms located
within City playgrounds are closed until further notice.

thx."

try calling 311 or visit their website to double check.....

if you 'have to go' -- you won't actually "sit" down, would-ja ? LoL. don't forget to BYO:

have a good visit at the IMMENSLY
public NYC TOILET place...........

Old 05-28-2020, 01:55 PM

7,355 posts, read 4,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruSue View Post

have a good visit at the IMMENSLY
public NYC TOILET place...........
And get arrested for indecent exposure.

When my husband and I plan a trip now - the most importation question is how long will it be and will there be a bathroom?

We would like to visit the Catskill Native Plant Nursery, but it is three hours round trip without knowing if there will be a available bathroom in transit.

Life is hard under the lockdown.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post

When my husband and I plan a trip now - the most importation question is how long will it be and will there be a bathroom?

We would like to visit the Catskill Native Plant Nursery, but it is three hours round trip without knowing if there will be a available bathroom in transit.

It really is....
I was going on a 10 mile walk. I had to stop at whole foods, midway and wait in line for 15 minutes so I could use the restroom

Old 05-29-2020, 05:06 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post

as an IBS sufferer for 50 years now , that has been my life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City