Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 02:41 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,058 times

Advertisements

I spoke to several MOS's today. One is an FDNY dispatcher. The others are NYPD. They all told me the same thing. Manhattan was out of control last night. All the resources placed at the bridge was nothing more than a show to let the media show how nice and clam things were, while the city burned behind the camera. I thought they were extracting until I spoke to my Cousin who lives on 8th and 27th and told me she saw the Gresidties across the street from her being broken into. Several Cops gave chase but more looters surrounded them and taunted them.

Perhaps Airborne Guy could chime in to verify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 06:04 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,573,689 times
Check out citizen app yourself and you can see what’s going on in the city.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:19 PM

576 posts, read 1,547,281 times
Citizen app seems to be censoring or not reporting by the way.. i didn't see many break ins last night on the app and I drive around my area didnt see too much new broken in store fronts. The only one I knoticed seemed to be someone tried to break the wood on the best buy on 6th and 23rd. But I can 100% say the night before was insane! A store on my block got broken into and it was like looter after looter after looter after looter after looter and didn't stop cops would come by once in a while and well nothing. It was really a joke and embarrassing and its nearly impossible to get a carry gun license.. im suppose to expect these watered down nypd to protect me? And believe me i am pro cop. But its ridiculous whats happening to our city!

Old 06-03-2020, 06:19 PM

874 posts, read 728,268 times
and this is all because trump over reacted to the conrona virus. and wanted to shut the country down.

most of the dead came from nursing homes because of trumps cdc guildelines

cuomo then used the nursing home deaths to justify locking down NY for over 3 months.

and now he puts a cerfew.

that means your STILL in some kind of quarantine. .

Old 06-03-2020, 07:15 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,716,093 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVUILe1bfac

live 6/3

Old 06-03-2020, 07:22 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Citizen app seems to be censoring or not reporting by the way.. i didn't see many break ins last night on the app and I drive around my area didnt see too much new broken in store fronts. The only one I knoticed seemed to be someone tried to break the wood on the best buy on 6th and 23rd. But I can 100% say the night before was insane! A store on my block got broken into and it was like looter after looter after looter after looter after looter and didn't stop cops would come by once in a while and well nothing. It was really a joke and embarrassing and its nearly impossible to get a carry gun license.. im suppose to expect these watered down nypd to protect me? And believe me i am pro cop. But its ridiculous whats happening to our city!

Excerpt: But its ridiculous whats happening to our city!
Response: My outlook seems to believe that the riots in
New York City are the results of an inept Mayor
tying the hands of the police department..

He even admits on public radio( in so many words ) that based on the
events that unfolded the night before police will be prepared to take
the necessary steps at the next turn. Since when does one have to fall
off the side of a cliff to realize it is there ? .........duh...........

...Mr.Retired

Old 06-03-2020, 07:25 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,716,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
I spoke to several MOS's today. One is an FDNY dispatcher. The others are NYPD. They all told me the same thing. Manhattan was out of control last night. All the resources placed at the bridge was nothing more than a show to let the media show how nice and clam things were, while the city burned behind the camera. I thought they were extracting until I spoke to my Cousin who lives on 8th and 27th and told me she saw the Gresidties across the street from her being broken into. Several Cops gave chase but more looters surrounded them and taunted them.

Perhaps Airborne Guy could chime in to verify.
I was watching on this same amateur video I just posted.
I didn't see any looting. I looked like last night Tuesday was mainly the cops following the protestors around for a few hours and then making arrests. But this was just this one guy riding around in his bike I saw and the news also had the chopper view.
Occasional a broken window. There were some hundreds of people after curfew.
You said burning. I had seen no burning. Monday was the bad night.
He's on his was to union square now, supposed to be some people there. Bronx was really bad also on Monday but I'm not sure about last night Tuesday.
Tonight's rain so they may quit

Old 06-03-2020, 07:29 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
From my stance,
One has to only watch the old classic " The Wizard of Oz" to
understand that all witches melt when making contact with water.
The rain simply sent all the sorcerers,and enchantresses back into
the dark forest of the countryside ( parents basement.)

...Mr.Retired

Old 06-03-2020, 08:15 PM

565 posts, read 361,623 times
listen to nypd citywide 1.

you'll here all the madness for yourself. don't rely on fake news tv/newspapers.

https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/32890

Old 06-03-2020, 08:51 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Check out citizen app yourself and you can see what’s going on in the city.
Download the scanner app and listen to citywide. That will give you an idea of how things are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: