Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 08:22 AM

12,791 posts, read 8,300,808 times

Advertisements

https://www.grinbergnews.com/bronx-i...5vd82myYnkPVJs

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2020, 08:33 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Why we do not have more of that I do not undersatnd. But good for them!!

Old 06-04-2020, 08:45 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,168,005 times
It also happen in dyckman street!

Old 06-04-2020, 09:19 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,916,707 times
What many people who aren't familiar with this neighborhood don't realize....is that the intersection where this gathering happened (2 blocks from my mother's house, so I am INTIMATELY familiar) is completely residential and nowhere near any of the protests/marches/property damage. If they'd gathered on Tremont, sure maybe. LAYTON AVENUE? Give me a friggin break.

I don't condone property destruction but literally, this is a "show of force" for nothing - it's just blatant racism no better than what was seen on LI in Merrick. This area of the neighborhood was in no way threatened. The last week has me strongly rethinking a lot of lifelong friendships.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:24 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
What many people who aren't familiar with this neighborhood don't realize....is that the intersection where this gathering happened (2 blocks from my mother's house, so I am INTIMATELY familiar) is completely residential and nowhere near any of the protests/marches/property damage. If they'd gathered on Tremont, sure maybe. LAYTON AVENUE? Give me a friggin break.

I don't condone property destruction but literally, this is a "show of force" for nothing - it's just blatant racism no better than what was seen on LI in Merrick. This area of the neighborhood was in no way threatened. The last week has me strongly rethinking a lot of lifelong friendships.
How is it racism?

Old 06-04-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
How is it racism?
And I quote....from a "friend's" FB post...."ain't no N-word coming into my neighborhood and destroying what I've worked hard for!!!!!"

Old 06-04-2020, 09:28 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
There is also no protest or looting in my neighborhood. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it's highly unlikely. At the local police precinct, they put two of the smallest cops I've seen on guard duty because all the others were probably shifted to areas where they are needed. And no, we don't have Italians defending us.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:38 AM

1,486 posts, read 990,344 times
Extremely confused Isn't that the corner of Layton and Vincent? They gathered to protect a single supermarket and a laundromat? There is nothing else there but houses.

That area only have 2 shopping areas over there. The Tremont strip and the one over by the Hutch by the cemetery. This video looks like it was just an act or aggressive tactics to run people out the area that don't look like them.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
There is also no protest or looting in my neighborhood. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but it's highly unlikely. At the local police precinct, they put two of the smallest cops I've seen on guard duty because all the others were probably shifted to areas where they are needed. And no, we don't have Italians defending us.
There were some gatherings, and a little bit of attempted looting on the main commercial street - not sure if they actually got in but from the pics I saw, it doesn't look like it. But nothing near the densely residential area the linked article refers to. Where they gathered makes absolutely no sense. And taken by itself, may not appear racist. But combined with what I've seen from social media, #sorrynotsorry, I can't look at it any other way.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Extremely confused Isn't that the corner of Layton and Vincent? They gathered to protect a single supermarket and a laundromat? There is nothing else there buts houses.

That area only have 2 shopping areas over there. The Tremont strip and the one over by the Hutch by the cemetery. This video looks like it was just an act or aggressive tactics to run people out the area that don't look like them.
THANK YOU.

That's exactly the intersection. You're worried about Layton Lizzie's and Loretta's???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City