Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 11:43 AM

295 posts, read 281,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I'm sure the MTA will be in GREAT shape when all this is done

but then again isn't part of BLM that everyone should get free transportation and free everything
This is more like BLM - Busdriver Lives Matter

From the MTA 13 point plan:
Quote:
"Keep Employees Safe We're providing the highest levels of PPE. We're cleaning and disinfecting workspaces around the clock. We're continuing rear-door boarding. We're doing temperature checks, and ensuring access to diagnostic and antibody testing. "
So I guess it's still free if they're doing rear-door boarding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 10:46 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Trains are still stopped from 1am-5am. Train just went by and it was pretty full in some cars. I saw any emptier car and it looked like a person with lots of stuff so I'm gonna guess it was a homeless person in the car and people were avoiding it.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:33 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Trains are still stopped from 1am-5am. Train just went by and it was pretty full in some cars. I saw any emptier car and it looked like a person with lots of stuff so I'm gonna guess it was a homeless person in the car and people were avoiding it.
An emptier car could also mean a lack of air-conditioning!

Old 06-11-2020, 12:42 PM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
I looked at the MTA website and can't find the reply as I only see information about the express & local buses being free overnight. So does anyone know if the Q70LTD and Q72 buses from LGA into Queens are free right now or not? My guess is that Q70LTD one usually pays in advance so one still need to pay and the Q72 is free instead of using the box near the driver. Can anyone confirm that?

Old 06-11-2020, 01:04 PM

126 posts, read 66,208 times
FREE FREE FREE baby!!! Nobody needs to work, we can all just sit in the park all day and smoke ganja and collect our government check woohooooo Democrats are just so great for this country!!!

Old 06-11-2020, 01:09 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius76 View Post
FREE FREE FREE baby!!! Nobody needs to work, we can all just sit in the park all day and smoke ganja and collect our government check woohooooo Democrats are just so great for this country!!!
We can have this if the robots are doing all the work, lol

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-11-2020, 01:27 PM

126 posts, read 66,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
We can have this if the robots are doing all the work, lol
No man it really pisses me off. People in the past made this an economically strong country and we are pissing it down the drain. And we have an ever-increasing attitude that people should be able to do whatever they want despite it being against the law and/or inconveniencing or hurting others.

This does not make me want to bring a child into this world. There's so many things being done out of either ignorance or spite these days.

We have people voting for candidates because of skin color or their gender alone. Like that makes a difference at all.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for themselves. We have people who have kids they can't afford, they want free lunches at school, they want free healthcare because their diet is S*** and they're unhealthy AF at 31 years old and you Seventhfloor should have to pay for it according to them, and then we got people who are just so fat and lazy they won't even go out and improve their own lives. It makes me sick.

And people like us (I presume you as well), work hard, play by the rules, don't ask anything of others and we get stuck paying for all the leaches on society.

The fact is, we have no idea WTF we are doing anymore and we are destroying this place because of feel-good policies and emotions instead of using logic and looking at things from a realistic perspective.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:12 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
No man it really pisses me off. People in the past made this an economically strong country and we are pissing it down the drain. And we have an ever-increasing attitude that people should be able to do whatever they want despite it being against the law and/or inconveniencing or hurting others.

This does not make me want to bring a child into this world. There's so many things being done out of either ignorance or spite these days.

We have people voting for candidates because of skin color or their gender alone. Like that makes a difference at all.

Nobody wants to take responsibility for themselves. We have people who have kids they can't afford, they want free lunches at school, they want free healthcare because their diet is S*** and they're unhealthy AF at 31 years old and you Seventhfloor should have to pay for it according to them, and then we got people who are just so fat and lazy they won't even go out and improve their own lives. It makes me sick.

And people like us (I presume you as well), work hard, play by the rules, don't ask anything of others and we get stuck paying for all the leaches on society.

The fact is, we have no idea WTF we are doing anymore and we are destroying this place because of feel-good policies and emotions instead of using logic and looking at things from a realistic perspective.
I only worry about what I can personally control.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-11-2020, 03:55 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
This would sound lovely depending on who you ask.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:03 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Previous generations worked very hard to get to this point. Newer generations don't understand real struggle, they feel entitled to ipads and free government benefits as a basic right with very little understanding of how those things can be afforded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City