Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 08:09 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Really where?
Bronx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
That's the thing. It's so arbitrary. Parks have been open for awhile now but not any of the botanical gardens?
Like they're afraid people will flood the gardens but they think people haven't been flooding the parks? The Queens Botanical Garden was never all that crowded even pre-pandemic, relative but they've been shut since the beginning of the outbreak with no news when they will open. My membership card taunts me. I read somewhere that the NY Botanical Gardens will try to open sometime in July but zip about Queens.
I agree. It is very easy to open up zoos or botanical gardens, limit the number of people inside and tell people to wear masks and keep their distance. But everything will remain arbitrary just because the governor feels like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 01:45 PM

874 posts, read 453,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post

"My rent is 11,000 a month."

Old 06-28-2020, 01:49 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
When were you expecting for the covid virus to completely disappear? It’s already out there and everyone will at one point be infected. This is to be expected. But I don’t believe that this virus is as dangerous as the media would love you to believe unless you have extremely poor health, which in this case, the individual has a lot more to worry about than catching covid. As for the rest of humanity, life goes on - you can’t mouse up, stop living your life and go on permanent unemployment over a virus that has less than 0.03% chance of killing you.
I have been following news about this virus fairly consistently, and I have not seen even one expert claim that "everyone will at one point be infected". Do you have a source for your assertion?

Old 06-28-2020, 08:27 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I have been following news about this virus fairly consistently, and I have not seen even one expert claim that "everyone will at one point be infected". Do you have a source for your assertion?
Its been said most people will be infected.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:22 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Yes, but exactly who said it? Let me just say that if it was CNN . . .

And to say it again, on the Diamond Princess in a so-called "petri dish" environment, more than half did not become infected. (Please correct me if I am wrong.

And, in any case, "almost everyone" is not the same as "everyone."

Old 06-29-2020, 01:48 AM

5 posts, read 2,339 times
So why doesn't he allow them to open with out AC? Is that not an option?

Old 06-29-2020, 07:05 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Still waiting. We were pretty much all tested at work and most of us were negative for antibodies. And we have been commuting to the city and not isolating the entire time. We shall see.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:08 AM

855 posts, read 450,232 times
When I look at the spikes all across the country I see no way it doesn't circle back around to NY again.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:12 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
It's pure logic. Are you seriously expecting not to ever catch a cold or a flu regardless of the virus' RNA? Do you think viruses die? Well, they don't. They were never alive to begin with.

A better question should be, why do you fear it so much? People die of the flu every year. Just take care of your health.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:13 AM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Many were already infected and don't know so.

oooo the boogey man virus! coronavirus is the only thing people are going to die of these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: