Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 11:52 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I think they will not allow NYC to have indoor dining starting Monday .

I'd like to blame inconsiderate people in other states. And our fame power hungry governor!
You win!

https://gothamist.com/food/nyc-will-...dining-phase-3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 11:58 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,602,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
More and more restaurants will now permanently close because of this decision

Old 07-01-2020, 11:59 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Quote:
I hope these politicians burn in hell when their time comes.

"He denied the reality of the virus," Cuomo said Wednesday. "You know what, Mr. President? Reality wins, every time. Now the country is suffering because of the president. It's time for him to change course. Admit you were wrong."

I like how Cuomo's telling people to admit their wrong when he has yet to admit he's been wrong.
Whomp! There it is.

Everyone dropped the ball on this one. And Cuomo can blame Europe all he wants. He dropped it. And made it worse with his nursing home policy.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
No kidding! On my daily treks yesterday, I saw all these restaurants cheerily preparing for indoor customers. I feel really bad for them. What about the HEPA and whatever (I forget the name) filter the big malls use? I thought as long as they have them in place, it would be okay. Jeesh. This isn't good.

These restaurants were already on life support. They're dead now.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:26 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
I didn't want to win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
It's sad how many businesses will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
No kidding! On my daily treks yesterday, I saw all these restaurants cheerily preparing for indoor customers. I feel really bad for them. What about the HEPA and whatever (I forget the name) filter the big malls use? I thought as long as they have them in place, it would be okay. Jeesh. This isn't good.

It's horrible what he's doing to businesses. But thats probably his secret plan to kill all these businesses.

Last edited by 90sSitcom; 07-01-2020 at 01:37 PM..

Old 07-01-2020, 12:38 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
NYC met all the right metrics. Then Cuomo decided he was going to penalize NYC for what other states are doing. This is heartbreaking for the restaurants. Absolutely heartbreaking. People did what they were supposed to do, and Cuomo broke his own promise. The whole point was if we met the metrics, we could advance to the next phase. Nothing was ever said about what other states were doing. I hope they sue. There is no state of emergency anymore, so I don't even know how Cuomo can mandate this. Does he even have this power??? I know he thinks he is Emperor, but can he do this?

Old 07-01-2020, 12:41 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

That'll teach them to work hard, build something, and trust the social contract between government and the people. Cuomo is spitting in the face of people who try to work for a living. The deal was that if the metrics were met, businesses could advance to the next phase. It isn't even about the HEPA. It's about the other states, and Cuomo using this to grandstand how great NY is, and what big losers he thinks other states are. Pure politics. If he's worried about out of state travelers, then put the resources toward that.

Everything at this point is a plan to position Cuomo and NY as the "King of Flattening the Curve" so he can run for President. Nevermind we lost nearly 30k people! More than some entire countries!!!

Old 07-01-2020, 12:45 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
An awful setback. Nothing worse then getting some hope and then losing it once again. All the jobs, businesses that are gone. Bway is out for the year as well. This is a bad situation, will be worse in Aug once the extra $$$ is gone. More hardships for people. Very sad.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Cuomo broke his own promise. I hope they sue.
Gyms are already planning to sue. I'm all for safety. I don't want things opening up willy nilly but if the business owners are really, really trying to open responsibly and making such an effort to do so...they should at least be given a chance.

With Cuomo, it's like it's all or nothing. Does this guy know the word...compromise? And he keeps changing the rules and moving the goal post on his mandates. That's so discouraging and lowers morale. It leads people to go to the extreme and just say f it.

Old 07-01-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
It's horrible what he's doing to businesses. But thats probably he's secret plan to kill all these businesses.
I don't know about that. I just think he's being a bit anal about the whole thing. He's a control freak!
No wonder he drove Byford to distraction which led him to just up and quit. Well, he's in Britain now.
That was a good move on his part. He up and left this s show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City