Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 09:00 AM

5,687 posts, read 2,615,888 times

Advertisements

I think they will not allow NYC to have indoor dining starting Monday .

I'd like to blame inconsiderate people in other states. And our fame power hungry governor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 09:19 AM

416 posts, read 247,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post

I'd like to blame inconsiderate people in other states. And our fame power hungry governor!
A city filled with 8million people , there isn't enough space for proper social distancing. Next week after Sunday is Monday but I don't think Gov Coumo has thought that far ahead!

Old 06-30-2020, 09:21 AM

6,690 posts, read 6,037,225 times
Quote:

Why blame other people from other states? The virus is already out there, you can't expect people to mouse themselves up forever.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:36 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,916,363 times
Not sure if it'll be directed specifically at NYC, even though he did say that was where his main concern was....I think indoor dining will be removed from the phases for now, and so no one will have it. Or there could be a density metric (have to be under a certain population per square mile in a county to be able to open indoor dining.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:17 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,771,340 times
Quote:

NJ already reversed it's prior decision and will not allow indoor dining on Monday.
Cuomo will let us know tomorrow what NY will do. The saga continues!

Old 06-30-2020, 10:49 AM

5,687 posts, read 2,615,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Why blame other people from other states? The virus is already out there, you can't expect people to mouse themselves up forever.
Oh I don't expect people to be out kept inside. Trust me I'm one of those people that wants to be eating at restaurants and getting drunk at a bar. While its a free country and we should be able to go out to eat, shopping in a mall or whatever else. The truth is the government is using the cornovirus over us. And once numbers go up again, (which they always were going to once society started to resumes), but too much too fast and then they are going to revoke the "privileges" we waited months for. I blame the government officials but as people we gotta work together to make sure we can get back our normal activities.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:57 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,657 times
They won’t. And even if they did, I wouldn’t go.

I actually like all the new outdoor dining options. I hope they keep it that way even once indoor dining resumes.

Also, add more bars and food venues in parks.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 AM

37,155 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yea, but if had all moused ourselves in unison for a bit and spent the time that buys wisely as a nation to work out unified measures for how to deal with the pandemic and how to track and reduce flare-ups as well as really tried to tamp down on the idiots who downplay the risks, then we'd be headed towards a nice, fairly full opening at this point.

We still have people even on this forum who say things like, "In a couple years there will be a small story on page 20 of the new York times on how the NY numbers have been adjusted and are now much lower than thought."

Old 06-30-2020, 12:21 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,771,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Also, add more bars and food venues in parks.
That would be nice. And put a huge tent over everything in case of inclement weather.
I've been to large weddings where the reception was held outdoors and it's nice.

Old 06-30-2020, 12:59 PM

416 posts, read 247,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, but if had all moused ourselves in unison for a bit and spent the time that buys wisely as a nation to work out unified measures for how to deal with the pandemic and how to track and reduce flare-ups as well as really tried to tamp down on the idiots who downplay the risks, then we'd be headed towards a nice, fairly full opening at this point.

We still have people even on this forum who say things like, "In a couple years there will be a small story on page 20 of the new York times on how the NY numbers have been adjusted and are now much lower than thought."
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eath-toll.html

Why a couple of years? This is how we got into this mess to begin with; by not questioning what is being done and just taking it by the spoonful whatever is being fed by the media.

"mousing" ourselves down wouldn't hasten the supposed vaccine that is being worked on and 66% of NYers that ended up in the ER followed the pause/shelter-in-place guideline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City