Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 02:49 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times

Advertisements

Just wondering,with the increase of violence this summer,are the stats being played with?

I ask because of new tech and history of nypd categorizing crime, where it benefits them.
Shot spotter, community cameras, karens,and as always, classifying before conviction....

I know people are broke and restless. Those folks that worked for cash suffer . Stress and more stress. And the problem ID people with a mask on.

With so much going on, I wonder if things are being inflated for the purpose of keeping jobs...

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 02:58 PM

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Kind of hard to fake homicides and shootings. Both are up significantly this year.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-year/2494796/

Old 07-02-2020, 03:13 PM

278 posts, read 140,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Just wondering,with the increase of violence this summer,are the stats being played with?

I ask because of new tech and history of nypd categorizing crime, where it benefits them.
Shot spotter, community cameras, karens,and as always, classifying before conviction....

I know people are broke and restless. Those folks that worked for cash suffer . Stress and more stress. And the problem ID people with a mask on.

With so much going on, I wonder if things are being inflated for the purpose of keeping jobs...

Your thoughts?
Crime isn't on the rise. It's going down. Some things go up and some go down. Murder and shootings are bad but rape is down. That's a win in my book.

Plus, we shouldn't forget the first half of last year was exceptionally quiet. They said the year would end with about 260 murders. Then in the second half it surpassed 300.

Compared to other big cities New York is heaven. A city of 8 million worried about a few minor spikes in crime is just a testament to how safe NYC is these days. Don't let the Republican clowns fool you.

Old 07-02-2020, 04:23 PM

874 posts, read 453,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonae View Post

"Crime isn't on the rise. It's going down. Some things go up and some go down.
Murder and shootings are bad but rape is down. That's a win in my book.

Plus, we shouldn't forget the first half of last year was exceptionally quiet. They
said the year would end with about 260 murders. Then in the second half it surpassed

Compared to other big cities New York is heaven. A city of 8 million worried about
a few minor spikes in crime is just a testament to how safe NYC is these days. Don't
let the Republican clowns fool you."

"A city of 8 million worried about a few minor spikes in crime.."

right... "minor"....

Old 07-02-2020, 04:36 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Posts like Gonae's are funny now, but as crime continues to skyrocket, they will only get more and more hilarious. A bright light amongst dark times. Please don't leave us like the people who were downplaying Sandy before it arrived. A few of those posters never returned.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-02-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruSue View Post
"A city of 8 million worried about a few minor spikes in crime.."

right... "minor"....
New York has double the population of LA. As well as 3 times the population of Houston/ Chicago and 5 times philadelphia. In terms of crime NYC has been completely below all of them.

For a few weeks NYC has had a (barely) similar shooting rate with a lower but close homicide rate and it's panicking as if we're on our way to 2000 shootings and 700 murders. News flash, I doubt we'll even his 400 murders. If every other major city has a higher rate than yes. It's minor.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
"New York has double the population of LA. As well as 3 times the population of
Houston/ Chicago and 5 times philadelphia. In terms of crime NYC has been completely
below all of them.

For a few weeks NYC has had a (barely) similar shooting rate with a lower but close
homicide rate and it's panicking as if we're on our way to 2000 shootings and 700
murders. News flash, I doubt we'll even his 400 murders. If every other major city
has a higher rate than yes. It's minor.
...you know what it is for me....

it's the level of viciousness in these crimes committed (but, it's been
like this (vicious man) since the beginning of time--yes, i know)....

the senselessness of it all (like 17 year-old Brandon in Brooklyn KILLED at some stupid BIRHTDAY
party (but that's SAME-OLE, SAME-OLE way-of-life).

Year-after-year...."some promising young black teen"/honor student KILLED for no good reason.
THEY should know by now what happens at these birfday parties/block parties...THEY SHOULD KNOW!

& the homeless man in da bronx...

..... bad man.....

THE VICIOUS LIST IS ENDLESS...

Old 07-02-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruSue View Post
...you know what it is for me....

it's the level of viciousness in these crimes committed (but, it's been
like this (vicious man) since the beginning of time--yes, i know)....

the senselessness of it all (like 17 year-old Brandon in Brooklyn KILLED at some stupid BIRHTDAY
party (but that's SAME-OLE, SAME-OLE way-of-life).

Year-after-year...."some promising young black teen"/honor student KILLED for no good reason.
THEY should know by now what happens at these birfday parties/block parties...THEY SHOULD KNOW!

& the homeless man in da bronx...

..... bad man.....

THE VICIOUS LIST IS ENDLESS...
Oh brother. This has nothing to do with my point. But ok.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:08 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

Your thoughts?
I can't figure out how you imagine that this leads to keeping jobs. I don't think that statistics are being tinkered with any more than usual, so far.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Gonae: "Houston/ Chicago and 5 times philadelphia. In terms of crime NYC has been completely below all of them.

"Oh brother. This has nothing to do with my point. But ok.

oh shut-up crime "apologist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: