Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2020, 03:58 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times

Advertisements

Reported by Real Clear Politics website....

The latest annual data from United Van Lines shows that the seven states with the most outbound traffic were:

1) New Jersey,
2) Illinois,
3) New York,
4) Connecticut,
5) Kansas,
6) Ohio,
7) California,
The toxic combination of coronavirus, lockdowns, riots, poor city and state leadership, and massive budget deficits are to blame.

Keep up the good work Andy and Billy.
Your attempts to squelch overpopulation in New York City is working.
If only Amazon were here........there would be plenty of jobs to go around.

What's your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 04:01 AM

106,676 posts, read 108,856,202 times
with so many retiring baby boomers the climate alone may be causing a lot of moving to warmer climates . you really can't tell from just numbers .

we had gone down to see that huge development in florida last year , the VILLAGES .. you had to make a reservation and they take you on their buses to see the models there are so many buyers ...

Old 07-08-2020, 05:33 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Excerpt: with so many retiring baby boomers

Response: Agreed............Incoming and Outgoing flow has always makes it harder to place
a finger on something that keeps changing so it is easier just to turn to the senses. When I can't
take accurate readings on electronic equipment I look for things that are heating up, beginning
to smell and smoking and as far as the city goes..... this whole thing just stinks..We are going
to see many more vans in New York City until we get those two ding dongs out of office.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:34 AM

874 posts, read 454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

". . .if only Amazon were here........there would be plenty of jobs to go around..."

Mirá, papi - I didn’t care for that.

Old 07-09-2020, 02:18 PM

7,350 posts, read 4,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Reported by Real Clear Politics website....

The latest annual data from United Van Lines shows that the seven states with the most outbound traffic were:

1) New Jersey,
2) Illinois,
3) New York,
4) Connecticut,
5) Kansas,
6) Ohio,
7) California,
The toxic combination of coronavirus, lockdowns, riots, poor city and state leadership, and massive budget deficits are to blame.

Keep up the good work Andy and Billy.
Your attempts to squelch overpopulation in New York City is working.
If only Amazon were here........there would be plenty of jobs to go around.

What's your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know...
I actually had United Van Lines give me a quote this week. I had to wait 10 days for an appointment. NYC residents are fleeing for its suburbs. The suburbs are leaving New York. Their rep said its been crazy busy.

The NYC people fleeing plan to continue working in NYC. The suburban crowd are employed, but plan to continue to work remotely or looking for new jobs.

There is no point to living in Westchester and paying the highest property/school taxes in the country when it isn't safe to go to a museum or see an opera. Really, why pay for the privilege of living close to a city which has become hazardous to visit?

My husband could retire but prefers to keep working when we get to Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: