Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 01:38 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruSue View Post
i see these black/latino GANG members for years (in my area) with their RED sneakers....

They shouldn't even exist (these savages)....ruining the
quality of life in all states & counties & neighborhoods. Blech.

These disturbing American Societ(ies) overrun with VIOLENT criminals roaming
the streets..........a disgrace to human existence on planet erf.......(and in America).

to hell with this evil criminal element that plagues the streets of America....
Well at your last neighborhood watch meeting that you went to, what did you guys discuss? How is the neighborhood watch solving the gang problem in your area?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2020, 02:03 PM

874 posts, read 454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

"Well at your last neighborhood watch meeting that you went to, what did you guys discuss?
How is the neighborhood watch solving the gang problem in your area?"

WHO ARE WE (you & me) kidding.

There’s not a daRn thing regular joe-citizen can do.

unless:

A lot of the latino gang members (with their “tear-drop’ tattoo’s on the side of their eye) are COMPLIMENTS of:

nancy pelosi, joe biden, mitch mcconnell, lindsey graham....barack obama, AND:

the border problems...

AND THEM……..the biggest IMPORTER OF THEM ALL (the other inside enemy of America):

As far as the blacks & their gang existence (to hell with their absentee parents---it’s
Alllllllllllll their fault --THEY created monsters (a chip off the old monster block) !

Old 07-10-2020, 02:19 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruSue View Post
There’s not a daRn thing regular joe-citizen can do.
What do you mean there's not a daRn thing regular joe-citizen can do....vote Republican!

Sprinkle some of that magic Republican powder next time on their red sneakers and they'll all disappear!

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-11-2020, 02:16 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Well stated. I am eyeing a return (part-time) to New York for business/education related reasons, so I have been looking at real estate closely. I am primarily looking in Staten Island (East and South Shore) and Queens (Northeast). I am seeing deals pop-up that I had not seen before. I still think that the market will go down further in the coming month/years(?) and I am in no rush to buy. If it hadn't been for some unique opportunities I wouldn't even be thinking about buying in NYC now or in the near future.

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that the return to the bad old days is assured. Just as a reference point, I was still defending NYC low crime, decent QoL as late as the start of this year as there wasn't sufficient data to support it. However COVID (economy), riots and anti police (crime) really changed things for me.

Returning to real estate, I would love to buy a house with police officers and firemen on that street. I would show my gratitude every time I would see them.
My friend you have picked a wonderful borough. Best wishes............

Old 07-11-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
What do you mean there's not a daRn thing regular joe-citizen can do....vote Republican!

Sprinkle some of that magic Republican powder next time on their red sneakers and they'll all disappear!
Excerpt: ..vote Republican!

Response:
Well done. Even if you dislike the President vote anything but Democratic down the entire ballot.
Send Washington the right message. We don't want your handouts. We want our own high paying jobs.

Old 07-11-2020, 05:51 PM

383 posts, read 173,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
I have been following real estate as a hobby for years.
Fascinated how neighborhoods cycle back and forth between good and bad.
I have focused on certain markers and have become comfortable after much
research as to what indicators lead to positive or negative growth.

I believe I can safely opine the drop in real estate in certain neighborhoods as a reflection
of the current policing in the City. We are all familiar with the billion dollar defunding of our
Police Departments resulting in an explosion of violence not seen since the 70's.
A bucket of yellow paint poured in front of Trump Towers attended by a circus of celebrities
is not going to solve the problem.

And what area had a negative correlation between crime and real estate prices??
For all the naysayers who wish to point the fingers at the virus as delaying the turning over of homes
I wish to point out the market is over loaded with homes an reduction in prices not seen in some time.
Yes the market had peaked for the most part...there are exceptions for isolated pockets....but I am
more concerned that this may be ...for some neighborhoods ...the tell tale sign of a race to the bottom
until this situation is brought under control.....if ever.
Some have left ,some are leaving, and some are waiting to leave the city.
Speculators are waiting to pounce.

Smart folks that purchased in safe neighborhoods knew they were kept safe by a police and community
security. They lived in a neighborhood that makes the police feel welcomed , a neighborhood
geographically separated from others neighborhoods by highways,waterways,parkland, commercial
zoning and cemeteries no different than a border wall as an added layer of protection of safety. Unfortunately many
neighborhoods are only divided by imaginary lines. Crime knows how to cross the street in these neighborhoods.
Neighborhoods bordering crime ridden areas are now bordering higher crime ridden areas.Having removed the
police is no different than removing a border wall. Crime spreads like cancer when left unchecked.

What used to be Location Location Location now will come down to Policing Policing Policing.......

What is your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know..........
The billion-dollar defunding was passed two weeks ago )every year its at the end of June) and all of a sudden crime skyrocketed??? In two weeks??
It has nothing to do with defunding, they were already talking about a crime increase before we even talked about defunding, you can assess the effects of defunding next year, not prior.

Also although certain crimes went up, it is nothing like the 70’s and will not be, way too much money at stake nowadays.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:41 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,391,672 times
yea but it is growing in leaps and bounds at the present

Old 07-18-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
The billion-dollar defunding was passed two weeks ago )every year its at the end of June) and all of a sudden crime skyrocketed??? In two weeks??
It has nothing to do with defunding, they were already talking about a crime increase before we even talked about defunding, you can assess the effects of defunding next year, not prior.

Also although certain crimes went up, it is nothing like the 70’s and will not be, way too much money at stake nowadays.
Excerpt: It has nothing to do with defunding?
Response: You need to listen to Bevelyn................She's my Hero!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPEtSziGck0

Old 07-18-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
If you guys think any NYPD would want their neighbors knowing what they did for a living in these times you all are in for a rude awakening...I'm sorry you guys just don't have the means to pick up and leave NYC...streets are getting too scary for you guys.

Try hiring a personal bodyguard if you're really scared, and I'm serious on that.
Excerpt:.streets are getting too scary for you guys.
Response: Nope. Streets are getting to scary for BLM....Have you listened to Bevelyn lately?

Old 07-19-2020, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post

Excerpt: It has nothing to do with defunding...

Response:
Restricting police from doing their jobs is no different than the ever watchful zoo keeper
opening the cage to the lions den. Without a watchful eye the zoo keeper will get mauled.

All neighborhoods need zoo keepers. Some more than others.

We live in a eat or be eaten world. Our taxes pay for others to carry
guns so we don't have to. We call them police officers. Our zoo keepers.
Society rules and regulations of conformity and assimilation.
If you are unwilling to abide by the simplest rules then you should be cast off
into the wild with the wildebeest. These places are called prisons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City