Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2020, 09:48 AM

98 posts, read 43,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
LMAO

It must be tough being you, I don’t even want to imagine.

Funny how everything I described about people like you is true, didn’t even even have to meet in person, the thought process and actions can tell a lot about a miserable life.

Goodluck popping someones tires infront of your home, hopefully you have good fire insurance. LOL

People like you have 911 on speed dial, but then you crap on them anonymously, yeah we know roaches like you exist.

Listen, I realize to you use your word 'ratted on a lot in your life for your illegal and suspicious activites and you got caught. Well that is too bad. So now everytime you hear about someone reporting someone being a douche you get triggered. But they were reported deservedly so, and that's why the service is there. Now! I Wouldn't Pi*s on you of you were on fire. but I iust hope ( or do I? ) that if your house is on fire no one is obstructing the hydrant near you because you are so afraid to say anything.

I bet you were also happy the cops got beat up the other day on the bridge, right?? sound like that guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 09:52 AM

funny how you ended off saying I crap on police when you are making excuses for people putting others in harm's way
You know nothing about me. Your triggering about my post says everything about you. Like a scared little mouse who cries when he gets a ticket he so plainly deserved.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:21 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,418 times
The truth really does hurt, you proved me right.

Now I want you to look in the mirror and chant “Karen! Karen! Karen!”

Do you offer hydrant ratting services? Im sure you can trigger a start up with that skill.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:29 AM

37,123 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
I see it too, only inconvenience to me personally is that I can’t park my car there or cant stop to unload some groceries.

If theres a real emergency, and firefighters need to damage someones car to get to the hydrant, they can legally do it with no liability to cover any costs.

Otherwise, if you are miserable, lonely, angry at the world or were bullied growing up, I can see the need to 311 everything that does ‘t affect your life.

Keep your face in your own plate, and keep it moving. Stop ratting on the people that serve you, worked through the pandemic while you were home hiding, just a little respect for those that sacrificed a lot in the past months.
Yea, but when you have a fire, it’s ideal that there is easy access to the hydrant. You’re taking time and energy to get around the obstacle instead of dealing with the fire.

It’s not so bad if it’s a vehicle using it for curbside pickup or dropoff or even standing, because the driver’s there and can vacate. A parked car with the driver nowhere in sight is another matter.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:36 AM

779 posts, read 1,003,418 times
Windows are meant to be broken, some would say jaws...

https://www.boredpanda.com/firefight...mpaign=organic

https://www.boredpanda.com/firefight...mpaign=organic

Old 07-16-2020, 10:37 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcb78 View Post
well. i used the 311 app which is great.
I even called 311. here is the reply I get on the app. you know the status of report.

'the police department responded to the complaint and with the information available observed no evidence of a violation at the time '

yeah right! now they are afraid to write up a simple summons
Don't you understand it was a COP doing the illegal parking. What other response would you EXPECT from other cops??

Old 07-16-2020, 10:46 AM

[quote=NycLaidBack;58659005]The truth really does hurt, you proved me right.

Now I want you to look in the mirror and chant “Karen! Karen! Karen!”

Do you offer hydrant ratting services? Im sure you can trigger a start up with that skill.[/Q

You consider everything to be ratting because people like you and the ones mentioned above love to think they can get away with everything without consequences. But if your grandmother got mugged you would call a police ? or would you because that might be considered ratting too. No people like you are affraid of the police. You would end up hiding under your grandmothers skirt if they showed up.

oh, and karen? typical copying a new term he heard. that makes you so keewwwl!!

Old 07-16-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Don't you understand it was a COP doing the illegal parking. What other response would you EXPECT from other cops??
what I expect is a cop who knows the rules and laws and says, hey what's this guy doing? I am a cop and I know I cannot use my placard for this type of parking.

I like to think a few honest cops put there would like to enforce that law even when it's an officer which we don't know if it was.

Old 07-16-2020, 02:57 PM

37,123 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Yea, I've seen pictures like that, and while the people got what was coming to them, that does mean extra time and effort for firefighters to hook up to the hydrant that would have been better spent fighting the fire. Meanwhile, if it's a municipally owned vehicle as is quite possible with a parking placard, you're talking about a vehicle that needs to be repaired on the tax payer's dime. I don't see a need to defend that--just stop parking by the fire hydrants unless it truly is an emergency.

Old 07-16-2020, 03:05 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcb78 View Post
So one think that really angers me is peole who use fire hydrants as thier personal parking space, especially in my neighborhood where I am starting to notice a pattern of the same people doing it. they are literally parking there overnight.

One of the things that got me even more upset was the vehicles that are doing this some have placards in the windshield. one would say court officer, another ambulance service. another just last night said something nypd. now mind you these are are all personal vehicles they are not exempt from being allowed to park there. anyone with any common sense should know that nobody can park by a hydrant for even two minutes. but these guys seem like they have some sort of immunity because of their bogus placard which means nothing especially when parked at a pump. clear abuse. So what do I do? thankfully 311 has a section to report this and goes straight to the police. but for what ever reason the police are not ticketing these cars? why? anyone who I should contact regarding this to get more of a response so they get tickets?

and by the way I had to leave notes on thier car saying they are illegally parked. which I hate doing but at the same time kind of enjoy.
Pick one....

Parking illegally (with or without a jumped up placard....)

Putting cones or other objects in gutter to hold spaces...

Moving one of your rides into a space and parking it in such a way to "hold" two spaces.....

People will do what they feel is necessary to hold a spot when things are tight. There are buildings all over UES that have been putting cones out front to block off one or two spaces for >15 years, and no one has said boo.

For some time now have noticed NYPD and parking enforcement agents rather lax about ticketing illegally parked vehicles. This seems true especially along side streets as they tend to concentrate on avenues/meters.

IMHO things have gotten worse when NYPD all but ceased walking the beat, and many traffic enforcement agents ride around as well. Both at taught how far apart hydrants are on a block thus when driving down any given street should know where to look, but they don't usually.

What they will do is slow roll pass and glance at windshield, if they see placard then don't even bother getting out of ride.

If you spot someone blocking a hydrant and it bothers you that much make a phone call to local precinct. Once reported NYPD has to do something, but how soon is another matter. If ride is still there when they arrive, it will get a ticket. Unless there is a placard, then nine times out of ten for courtesy reasons NYPD won't issue a ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City