Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 08:46 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Might as well just sit on the curb and eat for all that

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2020, 09:01 AM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times
at least some have Tents above the tables to catch the filth. Though I am sure the turbulence blows junk in sideways.

Hey man, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Roll up them sleeves and get to it. Make that money.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:14 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
i never understood outdoor dining...anywhere. I rather eat in my car then any outdoor dining
Outdoor dining is a beautiful thing if its at the waterfront during a nice summer evening when the temp is nice. Not under the train tracks in 90 degree heat with tons of noise from the train and cars

Old 08-06-2020, 09:16 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Outdoor dining is a beautiful thing if its at the waterfront during a nice summer evening when the temp is nice. Not under the train tracks in 90 degree heat with tons of noise from the train and cars
Or at a bbq in a backyard or large park

I was never a fan of sidewalk cafes to begin with

There's always the threat of homeless walking by and helping themselves to your meal

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-06-2020, 09:38 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Or at a bbq in a backyard or large park

I was never a fan of sidewalk cafes to begin with

There's always the threat of homeless walking by and helping themselves to your meal

the outdoor dining area at Gotham West market is nice

Old 08-06-2020, 07:54 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
I dont know about yall but that sounds nasty. What kind of atmosphere is that for Outdoor dining?

The Train constantly running back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7gZ6jOR1k
Response:
Wonderful video.
For all those people not in the know.
Did you catch all those years of chewing gum spit upon the sidewalk?
Rewind the video....Black spots all over the sidewalks. Nothing but
Gum carcasses.......

Old 09-28-2020, 09:13 AM

2,315 posts, read 1,152,181 times
A friend has semi-legally put a few small tables on the sidewalk in front of her cafe, at a bus stop, on S.I. I don't eat at outdoor tables but ran into a friend for a cup of coffee. Bad idea. Between the bus stop and all the other traffic it was not an enjoyable experience.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:46 AM

1,486 posts, read 989,335 times
Quote:
I dont know about yall but that sounds nasty. What kind of atmosphere is that for Outdoor dining?

The Train constantly running back and forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7gZ6jOR1k
I was over there this weekend, its very disgusting to see but they got the tents set up and live DJ set up outside. I would never ever eat outside at one of these places. The train going back and forth with the dust and pigeons right above you pooping and walking around trying to get food. Its one big NOPE.

But the one thing this whole lockdown did was enable me to do was go to one of these places and get an alcoholic drink to go. Before they use to make you dump it out at the door or all liquor must be consumed on premises but now its whatever, they toss it in a plastic cup with lid just like Starbucks.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:15 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
Can we get actual indoor dining back please?

Old 09-28-2020, 11:18 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
I was at Roosevelt Field mall yesterday and the food court was open! It has been like that for months apparently, yet Long Island and the rest of NYS's infection rate has remained low.

I don't get this logic that something that works in Nassau and Westchester County (in a mall that is packed with people from the boroughs) won't work in NYC. It's almost like Cuomo is aware of this but doesn't want to **** off the freedom haters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: