Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 03:15 PM

93,932 posts, read 124,723,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
....Not necessarily true about the good schools must equal high taxes. Do some research....a good school , plus other amenities of life you seek...and even "modest" taxes(this is, afterall, NY) do exist within this state.
I was thinking the same thing, as well as in terms of how much less it is to get into a good school district up here.

A school district that comes to mind is Queensbury in the Glens Falls area.

You have some districts that are very good that may get overlooked like the Vestal SD in the Binghamton area or the New Hartford SD outside of Utica. School districts outside of Ithaca like Dryden or Lansing may appeal to some that don’t mind a smaller city/area with quite a bit of development and some steady population growth.

So, yeah, people have to be a bit more nuanced when looking at Upstate NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 05:21 PM

15,609 posts, read 15,743,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Insult lol ok.

You're probably really nice, but I don't want to live near someone who instead of calling 911 for me will give milk and cookies to the perp and try to reconcile their downtrodden upbringing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Do you read his/her posts? Did you see the one regarding rising crime? I don't think a single poster agreed with them. Cida's threads are the only ones on this forum with near universal agreement... against Cida.
Of course, you know very well that's not what I said. I simply said, if I correctly remember the thread you're thinking of, that I believe that if you're safe inside and go outside to shoot someone when you're not in danger, that would be considered murder. I don't believe I said anything about 911, but that would be the better solution, rather than murder.

This being NYC, I hope none of us would be upset about having a different opinion, but in that case, I imagine I was probably trying to explain something about statistics - especially as this forum was showing irrational hatred for DeBlasio before he even settled in.

As it happens, I do like milk and cookies, but I'm also aware that most adults would prefer coffee.

Old 09-20-2020, 05:37 PM

19,092 posts, read 14,056,720 times
I'm not upset, I meant it when I said I would probably like you. I like people with positive outlooks because I'm wired to view things suspiciously. Just don't cross into delusion: this city is sliding backwards fast.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City