Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2020, 10:59 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Most of us will still call it Tappan Zee but two generations down it will be called Cuomo bridge by all....thereby erasing both the Tappan and the Dutch Zee.

Technically though it's not "renaming" because its a new bridge.
Unlike the Interboro and the Queensboro (Ed Koch, really?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 11:23 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I would like to think that in the event of a fire, I would be at least able to smell the smoke

Meh, not important
I am amazed at the attention COVID is receiving and how many people are so afraid of catching it (due to the media's fear mongering of course), yet they're not afraid of catching hepatitis, STD's or other viruses for that matter.

Seriously, drinking out of the same cup as someone else, or "hooking up" with someone you found on Tinder poses more of a danger than catching COVID. One wrong move, you get hepatitis A - that may be the need for a full liver transplant right there.

Meanwhile, cancer and heart disease still pose as the number one cause of death here in the United States. So why are Pepsi's/ Frito Lay's stocks up? Corn fructose damages the liver like nobody's business. Sugar ferments cancer - without sugar, cancer will not survive. Yet people think that locking themselves inside of their apartments with a bag of corn chips and a Pepsi is the answer to avoid death by COVID! COVID the boogeyman!

Old 10-08-2020, 01:22 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I am amazed at the attention COVID is receiving and how many people are so afraid of catching it (due to the media's fear mongering of course), yet they're not afraid of catching hepatitis, STD's or other viruses for that matter.

Seriously, drinking out of the same cup as someone else, or "hooking up" with someone you found on Tinder poses more of a danger than catching COVID. One wrong move, you get hepatitis A - that may be the need for a full liver transplant right there.

Meanwhile, cancer and heart disease still pose as the number one cause of death here in the United States. So why are Pepsi's/ Frito Lay's stocks up? Corn fructose damages the liver like nobody's business. Sugar ferments cancer - without sugar, cancer will not survive. Yet people think that locking themselves inside of their apartments with a bag of corn chips and a Pepsi is the answer to avoid death by COVID! COVID the boogeyman!
People are afraid of catching it because

1. it's a new disease

2. there's no vaccine

3. The entire world has been affected by this

It's that simple

Using your examples - the next time there's a hepatitis pandemic, or an STD pandemic, let us know I guess...?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-08-2020, 01:51 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
People are afraid of catching it because

1. it's a new disease

2. there's no vaccine

3. The entire world has been affected by this

It's that simple

Using your examples - the next time there's a hepatitis pandemic, or an STD pandemic, let us know I guess...?
There is a "pandemic" of heart disease and cancer - as far as the scientific community is concerned both have no cure. In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 40 seconds. If that's not an emergency, I don't know what is. It's all about prevention, lifestyle choices and diet. I don't see what's controversial about what I'm saying.

Old 10-08-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
There is a "pandemic" of heart disease and cancer - as far as the scientific community is concerned both have no cure. In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 40 seconds. If that's not an emergency, I don't know what is. It's all about prevention, lifestyle choices and diet. I don't see what's controversial about what I'm saying.
Heart disease and cancer not contagious. That is the difference. You can eat as healthy as you want and still infect somebody else. You think that's fair?

Old 10-08-2020, 02:38 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times

Old 10-08-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
You wouldn't post that if the person on the right was a family member of yours.

Don't mind the hypocrite, he's just hypocrittin'

Old 10-08-2020, 04:29 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,719,419 times
Quote:
It's all about prevention, lifestyle choices and diet. I don't see what's controversial about what I'm saying.
You mention three things here that you think prevent the spread of infectious diseases

1) prevention

2) lifestyle choices

3) and diet.

briefly please state three or four things in each category that when all are followed prevention, lifestyle choices and dietary measures
prevents you from getting a viral infection, thanks

Old 10-08-2020, 07:03 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Most of us will still call it Tappan Zee but two generations down it will be called Cuomo bridge by all....thereby erasing both the Tappan and the Dutch Zee.

Technically though it's not "renaming" because its a new bridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I forgot he did that. I don't give af...I still call it Tappan Zee Bridge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
For the first time in my entire life, I feel sorry for Cuomo for having to deal with this mess. I still haven't completely forgiven him for renaming the Tappan Zee Bridge - but I am getting close!
Wait how did I have no idea they called it The Cuomo Bridge. I recall them talking about renaming it but I knew I'd still think of it as the Tappan Zee Bridge so never bothered to learn what they renamed it. The Cuomo Bridge

Old 10-08-2020, 09:11 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Wait how did I have no idea they called it The Cuomo Bridge. I recall them talking about renaming it but I knew I'd still think of it as the Tappan Zee Bridge so never bothered to learn what they renamed it. The Cuomo Bridge
I know...disgusting, isn't it? I'm gonna be like a boomer and be reluctant ro change. I will always call it Tappan Zee unless they come up with a better name for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City