Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 07:10 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times

Advertisements

Hi from Chicago - so i have an idea for restaurants who are shut down, which are wasting good space for other things. Since hospitals are so over-run, why don't the restaurants provide their space for people to get the vaccine. All they'd need is a nurse or health care professional to do the shots, and the restaurant can serve food/drink/snacks, take out, whatever, but the space wont be wasted, it could be put to good use.

I'm serious. I have been thinking the restaurants need to repurpose their space, and this might be an answer to BOTH problems. the restaurant would not pay the wages of the nurse giving the shot, their employer would, but the wasted space could be used and that would keep the hospitals from being over run.

the restaurant would now not be closed because they are providing a valuable service to the community, and they could make a little money and still be in business.

Old 01-05-2021, 06:04 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Yeah, no.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-05-2021, 06:35 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,861 times
Why dont you try that in chicago and tell us how it works out?

Old 01-05-2021, 06:39 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Hi from Chicago - so i have an idea for restaurants who are shut down, which are wasting good space for other things. Since hospitals are so over-run, why don't the restaurants provide their space for people to get the vaccine. All they'd need is a nurse or health care professional to do the shots, and the restaurant can serve food/drink/snacks, take out, whatever, but the space wont be wasted, it could be put to good use.

I'm serious. I have been thinking the restaurants need to repurpose their space, and this might be an answer to BOTH problems. the restaurant would not pay the wages of the nurse giving the shot, their employer would, but the wasted space could be used and that would keep the hospitals from being over run.

the restaurant would now not be closed because they are providing a valuable service to the community, and they could make a little money and still be in business.
I like that you are trying to come up with a solution.

Old 01-05-2021, 06:41 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Response: Opinion

Well done. I had the same idea going back
a bit but settled for pool halls instead.
I miss the pungent aroma of dirty old cigars.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:57 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
Why dont you try that in chicago and tell us how it works out?
I did write that suggestion in Chicago too. We have to find a way to repurpose the space not being used AND find a way for the restaurants to stay open AND make a little money AND not have to close.

NY is suffering the most, next California, Illinois is moderately suffering.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:01 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
It is not a lack of space that is hampering vaccine distribution.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:27 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,599 times
i doubt king cuomo or di blasio would allow that.

restaurants are the most dangerous places that spread covid according to the science. thats why they were shut down

Old 01-05-2021, 08:59 AM

1,399 posts, read 891,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I did write that suggestion in Chicago too. We have to find a way to repurpose the space not being used AND find a way for the restaurants to stay open AND make a little money AND not have to close.

NY is suffering the most, next California, Illinois is moderately suffering.
We're suffering because of lockdowns, not covid. Half of our deaths are cuomo nursing home related. 20m state population, 1m positive cases (assuming numbers are accurate), 38k deaths (assuming numbers are accurate). What's my chance of dying from this if I'm not already sick and over 75? Nada.

Our more pressing issues are financially related.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:06 PM

596 posts, read 253,047 times
Its Amurica, govt. can pay for you guys to close, but well you get who you vote for. PPP loans riddled with fraud regulation and went to F500 businesses first. A lot of the loans were distributed by banks and banks administered loans to preferred clients aka Chipotle, Dominos of the world. Many banks essentially paid themselves with the PPP loans- conflict of interest much? The terms in the loan were also very anti small business. You had to use the amount in a couple of weeks and then RETURN any surplus. Uncle Sam knew many Mom n Pops shops would be closed due to govt. lockdowns.

Mom n Pop shops were considered last and what majority voted for unironically.

Fast-forward to present day, anyone with a brain could tell Mitch didn't want more stimulus checks or govt handouts, yet we put him in office for 6 more years mmmkay so we got a "small" stimulus check. That means local community has less disposable income.

The only solution is to reopen and create a federal funded PPE program for restaurants. End of brainstorming. The blue print on how to do it just look at Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City