Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 08:28 PM

565 posts, read 361,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Well said. It's very sad to see the decline of North East Queens. It was such a gem within NYC. Suburban in character yet within City limits, access to the hustle and bustle of Manhattan yet a quiet place to call home. My folks, who have moved out CT, still have a home in the area. Once a family member decides to leave the property, we'll sell to the next mainland Chinese who shows up with a suitcase full of cash willing to pay top dollar to either knock it down or make it a multi-family dwelling with a paved-over front yard for parking.
So, so true my man! Or my woman! Such a great place back in the day prior to over development. Every single family home in the Whitestone, Bayside and Flushing area has been turned into a 10 family apt renting to low income trash and 3rd world illegals. Crowded schools, churches, hospitals, no parking, high car insurance premiums and overall safety and quality of life issues. Started in the mid 90s and just getting worse and worse. They now are tearing up all the streets in Whitestone to put in new sewers. Why? We have so many damn people now there's no room to take a dump!!! lol. True story.

I, too, will be selling in short time to the highest mainlander. I expect $1M. No less. I'd happily sell to an American young family but they no longer exist in this part of NYC and could never match mainlander prices.

Vegas or So. Cal, here I come!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 08:33 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
So, so true my man! Or my woman! Such a great place back in the day prior to over development. Every single family home in the Whitestone, Bayside and Flushing area has been turned into a 10 family apt renting to low income trash and 3rd world illegals. Crowded schools, churches, hospitals, no parking, high car insurance premiums and overall safety and quality of life issues. Started in the mid 90s and just getting worse and worse. They now are tearing up all the streets in Whitestone to put in new sewers. Why? We have so many damn people now there's no room to take a dump!!! lol. True story.

I, too, will be selling in short time to the highest mainlander. I expect $1M. No less. I'd happily sell to an American young family but they no longer exist in this part of NYC.

Vegas or So. Cal, here I come!
With all you described, whats the incentive to pay $1M?

House prolly isn't even updated.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-03-2021, 08:36 PM

565 posts, read 361,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
ZERO. I agree. That's why "Americans" who are born and raised in NYC would never pay it if they could. Over the last 20 years, only mainland Chinese money has moved into the area. Not Chinese Americans. Mainlanders from China. Fine people however they have priced out American buyers. They will pay a high premium to live in what they perceive as safe areas of NYC with good schools. And, though nobody will say it, they try very hard to avoid "brown and black" people. China is a very, very racist culture. Just ask them.

I wouldn't pay more than $300K for a house in my area but they will pay over $1M.

Old 03-04-2021, 05:45 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,539 times
Quote:

House prolly isn't even updated.
Supply and demand? Either natural or government influenced*

Old 03-04-2021, 05:50 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensGuy72 View Post
ZERO. I agree. That's why "Americans" who are born and raised in NYC would never pay it if they could. Over the last 20 years, only mainland Chinese money has moved into the area. Not Chinese Americans. Mainlanders from China. Fine people however they have priced out American buyers. They will pay a high premium to live in what they perceive as safe areas of NYC with good schools. And, though nobody will say it, they try very hard to avoid "brown and black" people. China is a very, very racist culture. Just ask them.

I wouldn't pay more than $300K for a house in my area but they will pay over $1M.
"Worth" is whatever someone is willing to pay for it. That's how market prices get set.

Do I think any car is worth more than ~$30K? Not really. They all serve the exact same function and perform 99% of the same duties. I literally bought one of the cheapest new cars that are available in th US without even seeing it in person.

However, the car industry wouldn't be what it is if everyone thought like me.

Price is just a function of demand and scarcity. If the city allowed 50 floor (which they should) apartment buildings to be built all over the city, housing prices in NYC would plummet.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:21 AM

1,424 posts, read 726,120 times
Cardozo/ Bayside's decline likely has to do with all the school closings in South Queens such as Jamaica HS and Springfield Gardens. Those kids have to go somewhere.

I doubt the Asians have anything to do with it, if anything they're probably the reason why the schools did as good as they did back in the 2000's.

Last edited by Honda718; 03-04-2021 at 09:36 AM..

Old 06-06-2021, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,657 times
Bayside is now ****. The schools are now more segregated than ever before and the idiot mayor does nothing to help it. Notice how Francis Lewis high school is closer to Jamaica than Jamaica is to flushing. Why is Francis Lewis high school over 60 percent Asian and flushing high school where all the asians live is only like 10 percent Asian and the rest is Hispanics and black. The Asians that live in flushing want to push into more "white neighborhoods" than it wants to go to school with more black and Hispanic kids. The government should make the asians go to school with Hispanics and black kids. All throughout the 80s and 90s, the government put "special city bus stops" in front of the schools here in bayside that catered to the black kids who came in from Jamaica but that bus stop has now changed to cater to asians in flushing now. Stop coddling the Asian kids and make them "assimilate" the same way you made the white kids "assimilate". Bayside sucks these days and im so glad I moved away. All of nyc sucks anymore. The government really knows how to make a city terrible.

Old 06-06-2021, 05:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,657 times
Now bayside has no parking anymore and the houses that they build these days dont even have driveways. The government allowed them to not require a driveway and front yard anymore. Bayside looks more like a third world country these days. Not to mention that nobody that lives here even speaks English and they burn trash in their backyard (literally). There is no sense of community anymore in Bayside. Its just all people who rent who are trashy people. The **** moved over from flushing to Bayside slowly. And no I did not sell my house in Bayside before I moved, I allowed my daughter to live there because I refuse to be part of the problem of Bayside's downfall.

Old 10-23-2021, 10:15 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,085,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
So out of these, 3 actually occurred at the school and involved students? My old HS, which was a Blue Ribbon school had bomb threats every year I went there. So, that is more common than people may realize.

What is the behavior you see when students are leaving after dismissal?
Since you had asked about the behavior of Cardozo students, here is an update to this thread now that Cardozo is back in the news with 14 clips of students fighting:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/videos...s-high-school/

Old 10-23-2021, 02:13 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
What's Astoria's zone high school (traditionally)? Is it W.C Bryant? Astoria I would say is completely gentrified or close to it. It would make for good comparison.
If you're still wondering, I think LIC was the zoned high school for Astoria back in the day (~30 years ago). I have no idea how zoned high schools work these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City