Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 04:12 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
How is this at the expense of her well-being? She chooses not to walk around eaten up with hatred and resentment.

"This woke moron was punched."

So she's living according to her principles. If she'd been screaming for vengeance, you'd say she was a hypocrite who just needed a dose of reality.

People who get mad when other people behave altruistically are really, really, really telling on themselves. Knowing that not everyone lives in a low, selfish, mean way is so threatening when you need to believe everyone is as crabbed and small as you are.
There’s altruism and there’s insanity. If only it was just a few people that felt that way but unfortunately liberalism it is now widespread that criminals are given more and more rights, treated as lenient as possible with the end result of innocent people have to increasingly suffer at the hands of ever brazen criminals.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:14 PM

169 posts, read 64,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It’s easy to not press charges when the only thing hurt was his feelings. This woke moron was punched. Betcha if she was shot/raped/bludgeoned/beaten/tortured she still would cling to her wokeness.

It is not normal. Liberalism really do funny things to people.
But you and the rest of the world knows he would have been arrested and thrown in jail if he didn't record it, and you wouldn't have that same energy for his release, wasted time, wasted money on legal fees, tarnished record and inability to find a job afterwards. Just stop.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
"showing so much compassion even at the expense of one’s own well being"

People would be calling Jesus Christ a woke moron if he were around today. That's exactly what the Bible said he did.
The Left isn’t very big on Christianity anyway. You guys are more in love with Islam and Mohammed isn’t as compassionate.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deconstructer View Post
But you and the rest of the world knows he would have been arrested and thrown in jail if he didn't record it, and you wouldn't have that same energy for his release, wasted time, wasted money on legal fees, tarnished record and inability to find a job afterwards. Just stop.
What rock have you been hiding under? No one gets “arrested and thrown in jail” in NYC anymore unless you literally slaughtered someone right in front of the police.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:31 PM

926 posts, read 417,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE866 View Post
The woman obviously has immense compassion for this sick individual and the responses on here are amazing. I thought right wingers were all about church and God? Isn’t the message there “ kindness to all”?
Confused.
You are making assumptions a bit fast, here.

1 ) not being an extreme progressive doesn't necessarily make one a right-winger

2) I'm not religious

3) in my culture, blind compassion and unconditional forgiveness do not make you a good person. It makes you a doormat and an enabler, which are two very negative traits

Old 02-20-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Well then the whole world has a disorder of some kind no?
I took this as more her having sympathy . The dude is sick. I wouldn’t be so understanding if it was me being attacked. It’s not common in our society to see her reaction. I find it refreshing. Those wanting to label this as liberalism being a disorder I think are misguided. Then again aren’t you the same guy that said the guy attacked by a baseball bat was “probably just some woke liberal “?
No, the whole world does not have this disorder, only the woke western countries. Many other places actually are very tough on crime.

Yes, my comment on that other incident all ties in with what’s going on in this city right now, which is increasing lawlessness due to progressive policies of decriminalization and anti-law enforcement.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:45 PM

303 posts, read 128,457 times
Quote:
The Left isn’t very big on Christianity anyway. You guys are more in love with Islam and Mohammed isn’t as compassionate.
Can't speak on behalf of anyone else but I have tremendous respect for the charitable work done Christian organisations around the world. It's not so much Christianity in general as the peculiar brand of American Christianity that emphasises social conservatism, homophobia and borderline xenophobic levels of patriotism (no idea where in the Bible they found that one) over virtues of compassion, forgiveness and charity that I'm not so fond of. Christians who practice the latter and actually go out and do things like feed the homeless and volunteer to help refugees settle into their new community have nothing but my respect.

As for Islam, what are you talking about? You may have gotten confused - you probably saw that people on the left object to individual Muslims being treated with suspicion, contempt and on occasion actual violence on account of their religion and misconstrued that as 'being in love with Islam'.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:47 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
She doesn’t know it but she needs help more than perp.

That’s why I have no compassion for woke liberals.
She may be Woke, but what she really needs to do is Wake Up.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:49 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Better her than my daughters. Let those who coddle perps be their victims. Yup. I mean that 100,000%.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-20-2021, 04:51 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
The woman obviously has immense compassion for this sick individual and the responses on here are amazing. I thought right wingers were all about church and God? Isn’t the message there “ kindness to all”?
Confused.
You have to break free from the twitterverse's neat categories. I'm a hardcore atheist, environmentalist gun nut who hates perps and love Mexicans. Weird right?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City