Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 02:49 PM

6,671 posts, read 2,975,051 times

Advertisements

What I am finding odd about these reports is that there are no accompanying "blame" pieces.

When a black person is attacked by a white, we see the "Rise of White Supremacist!" shows ,...etc.
When LGBT gets assaulted.,. Same thing.
When Whites gets mugged, we get the Rise of Illegal Immigrant Gangs roaming the streets!

Where or what are the pieces on who is to blame for these crimes on Asians?

Seems lacking. Just reporting these crimes are on the rise then leaving it at that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 03:21 PM

926 posts, read 417,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
Asians do not have it easy.
Yes, BUT: Asians are usually hard-working and smart. They are quiet and don't cause much trouble. They are not into victimhood or blaming other groups for their failures.

So they should be highly respected as a group, right? I think so, too. But the reality is that American society (and other western societies, to a lesser extent maybe) have turned values upside down.
That's why you end up with communities that should be socially rewarded for their efforts but instead are met with indifference, at best, or downright hostility, at worst.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:03 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Meh

You guys act like Chinatown doesn't have gangs

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-28-2021, 12:34 PM

596 posts, read 253,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
What I am finding odd about these reports is that there are no accompanying "blame" pieces.

When a black person is attacked by a white, we see the "Rise of White Supremacist!" shows ,...etc.
When LGBT gets assaulted.,. Same thing.
When Whites gets mugged, we get the Rise of Illegal Immigrant Gangs roaming the streets!

Where or what are the pieces on who is to blame for these crimes on Asians?

Seems lacking. Just reporting these crimes are on the rise then leaving it at that?
well AZN only 3% of the population think and to be frank, Asians swallowed the model minority pill with pride, so part of the contract is not to speak out. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

The newer generation is speaking out and older Millennials or Boomers like Olivia Munn (still hot) grown a pair and had an epiphany. Better late than never I suppose. The blunt truth like what an old guy in Chinatown said, "we've been speaking about it for year they don't care." Its true most American's can't relate don't give a **** and it doesn't make economical sense for main street to report on news that effects 3% of the population. Its why you are seeing a lot of grassroots organizations popping up and only until they cross a social media number or a celebrity gets involved, the story gets traction.

Black and Asian tensions have always been so so. Typically, what you find is that both like the culture not the people. Crime is all about proximity. If you choose to open up a beauty shop across the street from the ghetto or in an economically disadvantaged impoverished neighborhood expect to get mugged. If you are known for keeping wads of cash on hand and storing it in your house, expect to get robbed. If you are known for not reporting petty theft to police b/c "good model minority" expect to be harassed. The difference now is that other races -specifically whites- are now joining in on the fun. The BS "model minority" image gets damaged when White people start doing the mugging curb stomping shoving and face zero consequences.

No consequences, basically telling the world its OK to be treated like crap. Case in point, the person who assaulted Sam's mom got released on bail pretty quick and again the mother doesn't want to press charges so ultimately he'll get away scot-free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHbqlzAFdY4

I think is good and long overdue. Asians are Americans you know and they need a voice in our country or a seat at the table. They pay taxes and contribute to society like everyone else.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:08 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Yes, BUT: Asians are usually hard-working and smart. They are quiet and don't cause much trouble. They are not into victimhood or blaming other groups for their failures.

So they should be highly respected as a group, right? I think so, too. But the reality is that American society (and other western societies, to a lesser extent maybe) have turned values upside down.
That's why you end up with communities that should be socially rewarded for their efforts but instead are met with indifference, at best, or downright hostility, at worst.
Plenty of black and Latinos, African immigrants, Latin Americans, and many others are also hard working and smart and also very quiet.

You can admit you have resentment towards black people.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:59 PM

360 posts, read 167,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Meh

You guys act like Chinatown doesn't have gangs
What does that have to do with the topic at hand? Of course there are Asian gangs and they should be investigated and punished. Every ethnic group has their own little mafias.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:56 AM

6,671 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IForgotMyOldAccount View Post
well AZN only 3% of the population think and to be frank, Asians swallowed the model minority pill with pride, so part of the contract is not to speak out.
I don't believe there was any social contract. It's just the culture. Asians suck it up and move on. I get that it's different in America, especially with younger Gens, as you mention, but the culture of 'Face' is a thing, and that usually tends towards not talking up as opposed to some quid pro quo.

Quote:
Boomers like Olivia Munn (still hot)
Did you just call Olivia Munn a Boomer?! lol,...dang..she ain't that old.

Quote:
and it doesn't make economical sense for main street to report on news that effects 3% of the population.
Media reports on whatever will get clicks. 3% notwithstanding. So many crimes everyday , worse ones even, Asians are gonna be victims just as much as anyone. It doesn't make sense to single them out other than for some other reason. I could see at the beginning of the Pandemic but Why now? Mental people are running amok in a city that is now much sparser.

Quote:
Black and Asian tensions have always been so so.
All that goodwill made by those Rush Hour movies,...wasted! ;p

Quote:
I think is good and long overdue. Asians are Americans you know and they need a voice in our country or a seat at the table. They pay taxes and contribute to society like everyone else.
I am AmericanAsian, Born here. Served. Pay taxes, the works. Yes, a voice is great. Makes me wonder what will happen if Yang gets in.
But just as Asians were used for the Model Minority poster I feel like this is no different, just for some other agenda. And I hate to see Asians dragged into this mess over political agendas.

Last edited by naicha; 03-01-2021 at 09:09 AM..

Old 03-01-2021, 12:50 PM

596 posts, read 253,047 times
Olivia 40 shes a Cougar.

Old is old 10 years she'll be 50 time goes by fast and its different for men. Still hot yeah but old nonetheless. To be fair, her unreal beauty is a combination of her genetics and access to $$$ Hollywood Beauty Products and the best Dermatologist money can pay for.

A lot of Rap music is influenced by Asian culture most popular is obv Wu-Tang Clan/Pharell/Mariah Carey/Childish Gambino

Old 03-01-2021, 05:42 PM

169 posts, read 64,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Plenty of black and Latinos, African immigrants, Latin Americans, and many others are also hard working and smart and also very quiet.

You can admit you have resentment towards black people.
you said this perfectly

Old 03-01-2021, 10:45 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
lol

Like you really don't know. The whole white is better, and their inferiority complex for starters. Then there's the stereotype that some Asian men are controlling and dominating. Asian women may feel like they are liberating themselves in many ways by marrying white men.

I am happy to enlighten you as an insider and expert on this perplexing issue, for free......

As a rule a thumb, an Asian girl's first choice is always to date/marry an asian man, if she could hack it. But, there are situations for a small number of unfortunate asian girls who fail to date within their own race and are thus forced to date outbounds, being their black or white. It is a risk that they take on involuntarily in life given the growing shortage of Asian men in the US if you haven't noticed yet. The saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure" applies snugly to many of such situations...

Last edited by leoliu; 03-01-2021 at 11:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City