Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 04:13 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times

Advertisements

I don't have to head back to my office anytime soon.

https://gothamist.com/news/survey-ha...32295-91331958

One year after the pandemic shut down offices across New York City, Midtown Manhattan is still a long way from its bustling, bombastic glory.

"Did you ever see that movie I Am Legend?" said officer worker Kevin Frisz, referring to the 2007 sci-fi thriller in which Will Smith inherits a post-apocalyptic, emptied out Gotham City. "It’s just a ghost town. It's what it used to be like on a Sunday morning."

Frisz is an investment manager in Midtown, and one of the 10% of office workers who have returned to their workspaces during the pandemic, according to a survey that was conducted by the business group, The Partnership for New York City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 04:21 PM

5,679 posts, read 2,610,110 times
My friends who WFH would rather be in the office. They are all meeting zoomed out.

Old 03-14-2021, 05:24 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
My friends who WFH would rather be in the office. They are all meeting zoomed out.
Yeah, me too but my boss said nope. I miss my office.

Old 03-14-2021, 05:31 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I am Legend, was a take off on "The Omega Man"

I Am Legend was itself a remake of the 1971 Charlton Heston film The Omega Man, with both films based on Richard Matheson's 1954 novel I Am Legend. The story was also filmed in 1964 as The Last Man on Earth, with Vincent Price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8fhwdG5otY

Old 03-14-2021, 05:40 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I, on the other hand, will be perfectly content to never, ever set foot in the office again. LOL

Old 03-14-2021, 07:20 PM

644 posts, read 307,308 times
I really want to be back in the office, but so far no word on when it's happening. No one wanted to really push for a return till it's easier to get vaccinated. Management also knows about many people's school situation, so they may not push people to return until this is less chaotic. The latest word is, they're negotiating with our landlords to downsize office space, and we'll be sharing offices on different days - so for most people, that's 2-3 days in person a week. That would suit me just fine.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:10 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,328,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
I, on the other hand, will be perfectly content to never, ever set foot in the office again. LOL
Same. My job wants us possibly in September to go back if we are vaccinated. I’m just going to say I’m not vaccinated or don’t trust the shot it’s still to early. I’ll prob get it and not admit it. No reason to go back. Anyone that wants to go back to work is a psycho path. I guess everyone is different. I live in a spacious 3k+ sq ft home plus a basement. I have a dedicated work space unlike those in small apartments.

Old 03-14-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Same. My job wants us possibly in September to go back if we are vaccinated. I’m just going to say I’m not vaccinated or don’t trust the shot it’s still to early. I’ll prob get it and not admit it. No reason to go back. Anyone that wants to go back to work is a psycho path. I guess everyone is different. I live in a spacious 3k+ sq ft home plus a basement. I have a dedicated work space unlike those in small apartments.
So you don't live in NYC?

Old 03-15-2021, 03:06 AM

5,823 posts, read 2,943,117 times
I love working from home.

I don’t ever want to see the NyC subway again. I don’t really care for The crowds of people running around like chickens either.
Working from home allows me to see my kids more, work out, go biking, or hop into my convertible to go grab lunch or just go for a drive when I have breaks.
I even play guitar when I have down time. Try that in the office.

Office work is for the next generation of fools.

I’m not even mentioning the added danger of bums running around the city and subways.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:47 AM

The thing is. This is the NYC Forum.
When people live in the burbs and talk about working from home it's vastly different then those who live in NYC.
Living in a house in Long Island with a yard and working from home is not then same as living in an apartment.
Sure some may have houses in NYC but for the most part we know it's an apartment city. Or a small house city. Having a 3000 sq ft house with an anchor of land. Just ain't the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City