Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 07:47 AM

147 posts, read 60,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Men and women are different. These differences should be celebrated, not erased.

Anyone claiming that women have it tough in the US is either smoking some particularly strong substance and/or is kidding themselves.
Some women do experience a great deal of issues, but it's also true, that we create 99.9% of the problems in our lives...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 07:51 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,443,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
NYT Columnist Michelle Goldberg thinks we still regard men and women very differently in politics. And why haven't we had a woman mayor by now? And, no, I don't want Christine Quinn. Doesn't it seem as if there were more NYC political women in the past?

There Could Never Be a Female Andrew Yang
You might notice that neither Maya Wiley nor Kathryn Garcia are among the top three, despite their obvious qualifications.
On paper, Wiley looks like the perfect candidate to recreate the coalition that elected Mayor Bill de Blasio. A mediagenic former MSNBC commentator, she served as both counsel to de Blasio and chairwoman of the city’s police oversight agency. She is a progressive Black woman with an Elizabeth Warren-like arsenal of plans.
Kathryn Garcia is the former commissioner for the New York City Sanitation Department and should be an obvious choice for those who care most about competent crisis management. As a City & State article noted recently, she has a “reputation as a go-to fixer, called upon to tackle challenges like lead exposure in children and delivering meals during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
https://stimuluscheckup.com/2021/04/...e-andrew-yang/
Lol

Old 05-08-2021, 09:03 AM

37,153 posts, read 39,418,669 times
I do like Kathryn Garcia--seems competent at managing at least some technical details given her employment history. She may not be great at gladhanding as a politician though so I don't know if her prospects for getting elected are all that great.

Also disagree with the title. I don't think anyone thought there could be a female Bruce Jenner, but here we are today. Never say never, right?

Old 05-08-2021, 09:45 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times
We need fewer women in politics generally. And in the workplace. And voting. #repealthe19th

Old 05-10-2021, 02:02 AM

596 posts, read 252,937 times
we never had a female vp
we never had a black president
we never had a celebrity president

It'll happen when it happens. I mean NY senate a higher office is female so. Truth be told being Mayor of NYC low key a **** job with too many head aches. Most people that run are already rich and probably earn more in the private sector so really running for a cause and not necessarily happiness. This is just a case of differences between men and women job probably doesn't attract the best female candidates. What women in your personal life wants a job that will turn their hair gray after 1 year? Women also hate to be judged or harassed for every little thing more so than men.

Old 05-10-2021, 05:43 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Christine Quinn is Bloomberg 2.0

Hard pass from me
I would think most people on this forum would WELCOME a Bloomberg 2.0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City