Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you feel towards your new neighbors?
A. I would hate them for living in a building that blocks almost all of my light and air. 0 0%
B. I would hug and treat each other like family because our buildings are hugging each other. 0 0%
C. I would treat them in a friendly manner like any other neighbor, including the ones in my building, and respect them when necessary. 0 0%
D. other 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 02:24 PM

102 posts, read 40,359 times

Advertisements

In a hypothetical scenario, let's say you owned a whole-floor condo or co-op with windows on all 4 sides. However, nearly all windows in your long and narrow loft are are on the lot-line. You always knew they were lot-line windows, which could be covered up at any time. One day, your neighboring lowrises get redeveloped into new condos/co-ops, either into a single U-shaped building that totally wraps around and hugs your building or separate buildings all occupying the whole lot, assuming zoning allows it. Your apartment is now plunged into total darkness except for the few windows at the front facing the street.

Surely, you wouldn't like the surrounding developer(s) to do that. However, how would you feel about the new residents who move in next to you? Vote below, and you're also more than welcome to give a long and thorough explanation as I have the time to read.

Old 06-12-2021, 02:39 PM

I'm from the suburbs and have no idea what city people think, so I am curious and would love to know.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:19 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00crashtest View Post
I'm from the suburbs and have no idea what city people think, so I am curious and would love to know.
Why? I'm trying to figure out the point to this.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Why? I'm trying to figure out the point to this.
Because lot-line windows don't exist in the suburbs, escept for the few, if any, that exist in old town.

Old 07-01-2021, 03:45 PM

9,155 posts, read 6,208,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00crashtest View Post
In a hypothetical scenario, let's say you owned a whole-floor condo or co-op with windows on all 4 sides. However, nearly all windows in your long and narrow loft are are on the lot-line. You always knew they were lot-line windows, which could be covered up at any time. One day, your neighboring lowrises get redeveloped into new condos/co-ops, either into a single U-shaped building that totally wraps around and hugs your building or separate buildings all occupying the whole lot, assuming zoning allows it. Your apartment is now plunged into total darkness except for the few windows at the front facing the street.

Surely, you wouldn't like the surrounding developer(s) to do that. However, how would you feel about the new residents who move in next to you? Vote below, and you're also more than welcome to give a long and thorough explanation as I have the time to read.
Was this on your Native American owned land?

Old 07-01-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Was this on your Native American owned land?
Nope, I am not Native American and none of my relatives are related to them. However, I am just curious and this separate thread not related to Native Americans. Anyway, I wonder how Native Americans would feel if they lived in a condo with lot-line windows, given that their tribal villages didn't have lot-line windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City