Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 10:03 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I only use citi bank for their promos and then I don’t use them at all for 6 months and repeat ..we just got 1500 bucks from them for the second time.

I prefer chase as my regular bank
Same situation here. Besides Citi, TD also has their own weird limits, like $1K withdrawal limit on Zelle. That's a joke. I never had these kinds of issues with Chase.

Retail bank branches are a losing business to banks anyway, they just use it more as advertisement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2021, 10:50 AM

5,682 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koctail View Post
Majority of ATM spots in the city are filled with homeless people. Wonder why they didn't think of that problem before building them?
Because the people who make that decision are Uber rich. You think they actually go to ATM for money.

Old 05-28-2021, 10:53 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,238,298 times
Less places for Hobo to sleep, have sex to make more little hobos!

Old 05-28-2021, 10:59 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Chase shut down a lot branches before the pandemic.

Recently I saw that TD Bank had shut down a branch in Queens (I think it is considered Forest Hills?).
Saw one closed down in Brooklyn near my parents---it was the only one with a good parking lot.

At the same time, I've seen banks open as well.

Old 05-28-2021, 11:26 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,300,923 times
Many of the branches that are left have no tellers so you are limited to the amount of money that you can get from the atm.

Not ideal!

Old 05-28-2021, 11:57 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Yeah. The Chase bank by my mom's place has only 2 tellers and the rest have been replaced by machines. Basically you walk in to use a machine although there are already machines in the outside lobby area.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:33 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah. The Chase bank by my mom's place has only 2 tellers and the rest have been replaced by machines. Basically you walk in to use a machine although there are already machines in the outside lobby area.
You need the machines because most people are coming to either do withdrawals or deposits that can be without a teller.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:00 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,194 times
The other place closing down rapidly are drug store chains. So all the people whining about gentrification from Duane Reades and Citibanks on every block are getting their wish. Now NYC is full of vacant storefronts and homeless vagrants.

Old 05-28-2021, 01:10 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
The other place closing down rapidly are drug store chains. So all the people whining about gentrification from Duane Reades and Citibanks on every block are getting their wish. Now NYC is full of vacant storefronts and homeless vagrants.
Citibank never had a large footprint anyway here. It's really more like Chase. Even with them downsizing, they likely still have the most branches here in NYC by a mile, given that they are headquartered here and have the most customers out of the banks with branches here. Duane Reade can go. Overpriced, with rude customer service. Stopped going to those years ago.

Old 05-28-2021, 04:31 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Frankly modern atm machines at banks are so different than those years ago. They can do almost everything tellers can and you don't have to wait in line.

Back in the day checks and cash deposits went into envelopes and you had to wait for someone at bank branch to collect. Things then had to be opened and counted/processed by a teller.....

Nowadays machines scan checks, count cash, allow you to see what's being deposited, give back money from deposit, etc... This all happens automatically same as with a teller and is reflected in pending transactions and will show in account same as if processed by a teller (subject to same limits and rules).

TD Bank has machines that dispense money down to $5 and also in foreign currency. That what was so great about branch at 86th and Lexington until the homeless set up housekeeping and forced it to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City