Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 08:28 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well its not always about you. Except when you can make it about you.
Hey we all have our reasons for honoring Saint Floyd. Mine are just far better than most.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 08:29 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Hey we all have our reasons for honoring Saint Floyd. Mine are just far better than most.
Well they are far more self serving than most. I'll give you that.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Well they are far more self serving than most. I'll give you that.
Is what it is. I didn't ask for it, but I'm sure going to reap the benefits of it for a long, long time.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-25-2021, 09:07 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Woah, woah, woah! Back up there kemosabe. George Floyd is one of the most pivotal people in my life. He deserves a statue in every city in America. I couldn't imagine what crap I'd still be dealing with if not for his heroic sacrifice. Not to mention a 30% boosted pension, a sick jetski I'm riding all day tomorrow, and a new job, and finally moving out of NYC for good. All of this because of Saint Floyd.

George Floyd 2024.

Oh wait, damn... Well, statues at least.

you're one sick puppy

Old 06-25-2021, 09:55 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times
For all to realize...
The good old USA has been making statues out of murderous heroes for a long s time... this country is built on stomping the crap out of anyone that gets in the way,no? All in the name of progress.

So let them statues keep going up! If it's been good for one kind all these years,in the name of pattiotism,its good for the other kind too.

Old 06-25-2021, 10:43 PM

1,399 posts, read 890,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Feeling mad that your boy Chauvin didn't get away with murder today, huh.
I'm upset about leftists replacing statues

Old 06-25-2021, 11:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-eNJx5FgaU

George Floyd statues in Brooklyn and Newark were vandalized by patriots the day before Chauvin sentencing

Last edited by jonbenson; 06-25-2021 at 11:47 PM..

Old 06-26-2021, 12:57 AM

5,114 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Floyd-worshiping marks the beginning of a new era of the US.

If you have issues with that, it is time to leave the US.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
you're one sick puppy
I'm flabbergasted that you posted this without a question or embedded video.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
Just like George Floyd, maybe they'll put up a statue for this guy.https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....d-by-feds/amp/

Quote:

A career criminal who was caught on viral video hurling racial epithets at an Asian cop in Washington Square Park earlier this month was arrested by the feds Friday, according to sources and an FBI spokesperson.

Shermaine Laster, of Brooklyn, was nabbed at JFK Airport on an arrest warrant filed in the Northern District of Texas, charging him with being a felon in possession of a weapon, an FBI spokesperson said.

13 prior arrests, including 7 felonies caused by systemic racism.

No, there would only be another statue potentially made if the person was killed by police, not some random guy with a record.
What about if a civilian kills another civilian? That's terrible too but a civilian is not a representative of the law

Personally I am against all political statues in the public square, including this George Floyd one and confederate statues.
At the same time if they are there I am against vandalism them.
If they are to be removed I think people in the locale should vote on it

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: