Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 01:18 PM

3,497 posts, read 1,412,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This attitude is why 100,000 more will die over the next few years

All about me, me, me

The "me, me, me" attitude is why many people aren't getting vaccinated and this pandemic is getting prolonged. People are like, "oh what if I get a bad side effect?".... keyword "I". Or they're like, "it's my body, my choice"... keyword "my".

When deciding on whether or not to get vaccinated, has anyone ever considered the impact on OTHERS??? Get vaccinated and you put yourself only at risk, should you happen to have a rare side effect. But don't get vaccinated, you put yourself AND other people at risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I've worn n95s the entire time not the garbage useless masks most people wear.
I also wore it over my nose and mouth unlike the way a lot of idiots wear their masks.

This is why this mask wearing is giving people false comfort. Now that masks are optional, a lot of people do still opt to wear them, and if that's what they want, then that's fine. But many are still wearing them under their nose. Or they put their mask on but then keep pulling it down to talk. But I guess improperly wearing your mask is giving people a false sense of security. And this is why if mask mandates come back, it will be disastrous. The more people will not get vaccinated because they'll be like, "Oh, we're all wearing masks now and protecting ourselves. I don't have to get vaccinated then!" And as a result of that attitude, the more this pandemic will drag on.

Masks were never intended to be the solution to this pandemic. They were just meant to slow the spread and reduce the strain on our hospitals until a vaccine came out. So now the vaccine is out, we have the weapon to win this war and crush this virus once and for all! We have oodles of supply and is available to all adults, yet people are refusing to take them, which is why we are experiencing another surge.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:39 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
The "me, me, me" attitude is why many people aren't getting vaccinated and this pandemic is getting prolonged. People are like, "oh what if I get a bad side effect?".... keyword "I". Or they're like, "it's my body, my choice"... keyword "my".

When deciding on whether or not to get vaccinated, has anyone ever considered the impact on OTHERS??? Get vaccinated and you put yourself only at risk, should you happen to have a rare side effect. But don't get vaccinated, you put yourself AND other people at risk.
False dilemma...

If you can't get the vaccine then mask up. But ideally everyone should still be using masks indoors.

Old 07-22-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
False dilemma...

If you can't get the vaccine then mask up. But ideally everyone should still be using masks indoors.

The science shows that vaccinated people are well protected and highly unlikely to be spreaders. UNVACCINATED people are the ones that are likely to spread and kill others... mask or no mask. So why should vaccinated people be penalized and wear a mask when they are not the cause of this surge to begin with?? The data is all there...99.5% of people right now in hospitals who are very sick/dying are unvaccinated. The proof is right there.... get vaccinated ASAP! Not sure why this is so difficult for people. This is beyond crazy at this point because this surge could've easily been prevented.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:08 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Quote:

All about me, me, me

I played the coronavirus lockdown for a year. Times up. You keep living a scared life and the rest of us will be out enjoying life

Old 07-22-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I played the coronavirus lockdown for a year. Times up. You keep living a scared life and the rest of us will be out enjoying life

Exactly. We have the solution now... get vaccinated. But people are like, "Nope I don't want to get vaccinated. So please mask up so us unvaccinated people can be protected!" I mean, what's up with that?

Old 07-22-2021, 02:33 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
What attitude, not wearing a mask?

You think any of these masks are going to stop the expelling of the delta variant from your breath? No chance

The masks don't do squat

Old 07-22-2021, 03:32 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
This is why this mask wearing is giving people false comfort. Now that masks are optional, a lot of people do still opt to wear them, and if that's what they want, then that's fine. But many are still wearing them under their nose. Or they put their mask on but then keep pulling it down to talk. But I guess improperly wearing your mask is giving people a false sense of security. And this is why if mask mandates come back, it will be disastrous. The more people will not get vaccinated because they'll be like, "Oh, we're all wearing masks now and protecting ourselves. I don't have to get vaccinated then!" And as a result of that attitude, the more this pandemic will drag on.

Masks were never intended to be the solution to this pandemic. They were just meant to slow the spread and reduce the strain on our hospitals until a vaccine came out. So now the vaccine is out, we have the weapon to win this war and crush this virus once and for all! We have oodles of supply and is available to all adults, yet people are refusing to take them, which is why we are experiencing another surge.
Look if you dont want to wear your mask then dont wear it

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-22-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Look if you dont want to wear your mask then dont wear it

That's the issue. People expect others to wear a mask. I've been given dirty looks a few times as well as one of my neighbors who gave me crap for not wearing one. That's the thing that upsets me. It can't be a personal choice. We have to do what others want us to do!

I have a feeling I may have to just wear one just to avoid getting crap from people. My choice of not wearing a mask is not meant to pick a fight, but people make it so. Very frustrating!

Old 07-22-2021, 07:29 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
The science shows that vaccinated people are well protected and highly unlikely to be spreaders. UNVACCINATED people are the ones that are likely to spread and kill others... mask or no mask. So why should vaccinated people be penalized and wear a mask when they are not the cause of this surge to begin with?? The data is all there...99.5% of people right now in hospitals who are very sick/dying are unvaccinated. The proof is right there.... get vaccinated ASAP! Not sure why this is so difficult for people. This is beyond crazy at this point because this surge could've easily been prevented.
Incorrect.

COVID Vaccines do not prevent infection.

They only prevent hospitalization and death.

They don't protect against long COVID. They do not protect against secondary pneumonia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City