Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 03:16 AM

169 posts, read 64,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
No let's address it. When I was younger my mother said if you're going to hang out with friends in a White area make sure you're with mostly White kids.

These dumb kids are going to cause that old racial profiling (that you still have in the South) to become more common again.

As a Black Man I have no idea why this group of Black/Latino and Arab kids were in Middle Village at night. There's literally no reason to go there unless you own property there or know somebody there.
no lol. no no no lol..... no no. none of those in this video, unless they had makeup artists from the set of, and were imitating scenes from the movie "white chicks".

it is absolutely hilarious...... and i mean hilarious that posters on this board are looking for every excuse for those in this video to not be these "peaceful teens" that apparently "never start any trouble".... ahahahahaha

look at them (posters here) squirming for some excuse!!!! look at them!!!! some here are actually (lol) listening to the audio (lol) to scapegoat them as being "eastern european" by searching for some accent (lol as if that makes some difference ahahahaha). they actually started making alabanian, serb, turkish and other eastern euro references (lol lol lol), and another had the nerve to say "bushwick accent" ahahahahahahaha just because it can't be their kids ahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2021, 05:47 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
When kids are disenfranchised and have no hope for the future they want to exact control over adults to make themselves feel better. Usually that means cowardly ganging up on an older adult and beating them to death.
Wow, you can tell from the video they are disenfranchised kids? Get real. They think they are tough in a huge group. But a few of them are wanted now.

My guess would be there are many kids from MV in this group plus kids from other neighborhoods---friends of friends---who were all there. They snapchatted these details before and after and there are many little details here and there floating around about what was going on that night.

Quote:
There are nothing but homes in that area, so definitely not locals.

That being said it's too close to Bushwick.
You actually have to get through Ridgewood before you get to Middle Village if you are coming from Bushwick. It requires a little bit of effort to get there. It's not like they border each other.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:18 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
You actually have to get through Ridgewood before you get to Middle Village if you are coming from Bushwick. It requires a little bit of effort to get there. It's not like they border each other.
That's what I'm saying, plus its hot as hell, why would these kids walk from lively Brooklyn to a boring section of Queens

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-26-2021, 06:30 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
Yall missing the point. Old timer, retired city worker,walking his pooch, decided to tell a group of young men to cut it out.

I know the scenario very well." I'm a retired nyc employee, i call the cops,they be on my side. I'll show them kids!" And its true!

I know better than telling a large group of young adults to stop making noise. You kidding me? What world do you live in? Unless you walking with a pack of trained dogs, keep on walking. Asking for it! Tough guy.

Remember the days of people telling my wolf pack to turn of the rap music. F off! Ya gettin jumped !

Old 07-26-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Yall missing the point. Old timer, retired city worker,walking his pooch, decided to tell a group of young men to cut it out.

I know the scenario very well." I'm a retired nyc employee, i call the cops,they be on my side. I'll show them kids!" And its true!

I know better than telling a large group of young adults to stop making noise. You kidding me? What world do you live in? Unless you walking with a pack of trained dogs, keep on walking. Asking for it! Tough guy.

Remember the days of people telling my wolf pack to turn of the rap music. F off! Ya gettin jumped !
Nahh forget all that, lets just keep posting every crime as it happens, to assuage our own insecurities!

Old 07-26-2021, 07:32 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

I did miss that part. I wouldn't have said anything.

Just keep in it moving.

Old 07-26-2021, 08:56 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I'm glad I got out before I was so beat down by NYC that victim blaming is the default mode to justify how bad the boroughs have become.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-26-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm glad I got out before I was so beat down by NYC that victim blaming is the default mode to justify how bad the boroughs have become.
Victim blaming is default mode? Sorry I'm just not agreeing with that. I guess I'm going to start wearing all my jewelry outside now whenever I take my midnight walks, since I can't be blamed anymore for not taking precaution.

Who in their right mind approaches an unruly group of 100 kids and asks them to cut it out in a public park at night while unarmed? Like sometimes you gotta pick your battles man. I bet you I take a poll right now 100% will say no, me and my dog are keeping it moving. At least the person is still alive to speak about it, that's what's most important. Next time maybe he'll use a little more tact, lesson learned. I grew up avoiding trouble, not looking for it.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:18 AM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Stupidity does not excuse criminality, sorry. We're free Americans. We're not supposed to live that way. You just think it's normal because it is all you know. It's a culture shock to leave, but man is it glorious!

And yeah man, you are victim blaming when you launch into explanations that involve, "who in their right mind..." directed at the victim's actions.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-26-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Stupidity does not excuse criminality, sorry. We're free Americans. We're not supposed to live that way. You just think it's normal because it is all you know. It's a culture shock to leave, but man is it glorious!

And yeah man, you are victim blaming when you launch into explanations that involve, "who in their right mind..." directed at the victim's actions.
You're right, we're not supposed to live that way, but in an ideal world there would be no crime

Like I said, take a poll and see how many people would have done the same

Maybe if the 100 kids were on my property, then yes I would have said something, but a public park? Surprised the residents of Washington Square Park aren't going outside to confront those ne'er-do-wells head on too, clearly there's 100 (way more actually) of them out there as well on given nights

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City