Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 02:48 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
There is also going to be a similar event on Staten Island at the Ballpark. If they trash Richmond Terrace no one will be able to tell the difference.

https://www.silive.com/news/2021/07/...-ballpark.html
Wu-Tang events on SI always stayed calm for some reason. I think the fact that their criminal careers were mostly short or non-existent really helps.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2021, 03:24 PM

272 posts, read 534,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Jesus.... do you all hear yourselves? Do you even know the neighborhood and how the stadium is set up?? It's in the middle of the frakkin woods! There's nothing surrounding it but trees and woodland and an entrance road. The closest homes are large apartment buildings through the woods and across Woodhaven Blvd and set back from an adjacent road.
Obviously you have never been there and you have never even looked it up on Google maps. When 4,000 people come into town for just about ANY show they takeover the retail areas on and around Austin street. They come in early, get drunk and roam around looking to see what they can get into. And BTW the people who live on that street where the stadium is would love to come over to your house and blast their tunes at 9:30 at night when you are trying to relax and watch TV. Oh and do you mind if they pee on your lawn and barf in your garbage cans.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:27 PM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Dweller_007 View Post
Obviously you have never been there and you have never even looked it up on Google maps. When 4,000 people come into town for just about ANY show they takeover the retail areas on and around Austin street. They come in early, get drunk and roam around looking to see what they can get into. And BTW the people who live on that street where the stadium is would love to come over to your house and blast their tunes at 9:30 at night when you are trying to relax and watch TV. Oh and do you mind if they pee on your lawn and barf in your garbage cans.
Private streets are blocked off to foot traffic. There is only one way into the theatre. Burns st if I remember correctly. Also the only place to get sloshed is Irish pub, 5Burro and maybe one more bar. Thats if there are still open after shutdowns.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:00 PM

272 posts, read 534,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Private streets are blocked off to foot traffic. There is only one way into the theatre. Burns st if I remember correctly. Also the only place to get sloshed is Irish pub, 5Burro and maybe one more bar. Thats if there are still open after shutdowns.
All the bars on Austin are still open.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:23 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,772,398 times
Listening to NY1, the Wu Tang concert has been moved to Midland Beach due to high demand.

Old 08-02-2021, 08:26 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Definitely going to need some ambulances and paddy wagons on standby

Old 08-02-2021, 09:00 AM

562 posts, read 464,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Large crowds, summer heat, weak police, I say 7 shot, 1 fatally. That's after the 'youths' rampage outside the stadium robbing residents and breaking into cars and homes. I can't think of anything stupider than having a hip-hop concert in a safe quiet upper middle-class neighborhood. How stupid are the owners of the Stadium?? If you live nearby stay inside.
Who do you think are the primary consumers of hip-hop music and attend most of the Hip-Hop concerts? I'll answer for you. It's mostly upper income white kids...

Old 08-02-2021, 09:05 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Did anybody bother reading the line-up? This is going to be mostly an older crowd. Mostly working people are going to bother to attend this event.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2021, 09:26 AM

562 posts, read 464,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Did anybody bother reading the line-up? This is going to be mostly an older crowd. Mostly working people are going to bother to attend this event.
George Clinton is a major draw, but the other acts, (i.e. DJ Hurricane, DJ Wiz, EPMD, Mobb Deep and Yo-Yo), I'm not particularly interested in seeing.

I'm not familiar with DJ Hurricane or Wiz, but I am familiar with EPMD, Mobb Deep and Yo-Yo.

Of all of the aforementioned acts, the only one that seems misaligned is Mobb Deep. Mobb Deep was particularly known for their very gritty/hardcore lyrics about drugs and violence.

Below is an excerpt of one of their most popular raps entitled " Shook Ones":

Quote:
...I got you stuck off the realness, we be the infamous
You heard of us, official Queensbridge murderers
The Mobb comes equipped for warfare, beware
Of my crime family who got 'nough shots to share
For all of those, who wanna profile and pose
Rock you in your face, stab your brain with your nose bone
You all alone in these streets, cousin
Every man for they self in this land we be gunning
And keep them shook crews running, like they supposed to
They come around but they never come close to
I can see it inside your face, you're in the wrong place
Cowards like you just get they whole body laced up
With bullet holes and such
Speak the wrong words man and you will get touched
You can put your whole army against my team and
I guarantee you it'll be your very last time breathing
Your simple words just don't move me, you're minor, we're major
You're all up in the game and don't deserve to be a player
Don't make me have to call your name out

Your crew is featherweight, my gunshots'll make you levitate
I'm only nineteen but my mind is old
And when the things get for real my warm heart turns cold
Another *&^&^ deceased, another story gets told
It ain't nothing really, ayo dun, spark the Phillie
So I can get my mind off these yellowbacked **&^^%

Why they still alive I don't know, go figure
Meanwhile back in Queens the realness and foundation
If I die I couldn't choose a better location
When the slugs penetrate you feel a burning sensation
Getting closer to God in a tight situation
Now, take these words home and think it through
Or the next rhyme I write might be about you...
I hope "Shook Ones," will not be on the list of raps Mobb Deep performs. We need more raps about coming together, and less raps about the glorification of violence, especially during this time period.

Old 08-02-2021, 09:36 AM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
George Clinton is a major draw, but the other acts, (i.e. DJ Hurricane, DJ Wiz, EPMD, Mobb Deep and Yo-Yo), I'm not particularly interested in seeing.

I'm not familiar with DJ Hurricane or Wiz, but I am familiar with EPMD, Mobb Deep and Yo-Yo.

Of all of the aforementioned acts, the only one that seems misaligned is Mobb Deep. Mobb Deep was particularly known for their very gritty/hardcore lyrics about drugs and violence.

Below is an excerpt of one of their most popular raps entitled " Shook Ones":

I hope "Shook Ones," will not be on the list of raps Mobb Deep performs. We need more raps about coming together, and less raps about the glorification of violence, especially during this time period.
Did you know that one-half of Mobb Deep is dead?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: