Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 09:45 AM

562 posts, read 464,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Did you know that one-half of Mobb Deep is dead?
Yes, I am aware of that, but since the group Mobb Deep is listed as one of the performing acts, I imagine that the living members will be performing the raps, that the group was most known for...

I didn't follow their music, but my brother occasionally DJ'd as a teen. I remember he was banned from playing their songs inside of our home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2021, 09:47 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,222,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Jesus.... do you all hear yourselves? Do you even know the neighborhood and how the stadium is set up?? It's in the middle of the frakkin woods! There's nothing surrounding it but trees and woodland and an entrance road. The closest homes are large apartment buildings through the woods and across Woodhaven Blvd and set back from an adjacent road.

And the assumption that a bunch of middle aged hip hop fans who this concert is targeted towards are going to start shooting at each other is absurd. Actually just the assumption that because it's a hip hop concert that there will be shots is racist enough. I should have stopped right there.
This event is at the Tennis stadium, I think you are thinking of the band shell in Forest Park?

Old 08-02-2021, 10:14 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
Yes, I am aware of that, but since the group Mobb Deep is listed as one of the performing acts, I imagine that the living members will be performing the raps, that the group was most known for...

I didn't follow their music, but my brother occasionally DJ'd as a teen. I remember he was banned from playing their songs inside of our home.
Umm...are you not aware that Mobb Deep is only 2 people? 1 which is deceased?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Umm...are you not aware that Mobb Deep is only 2 people? 1 which is deceased?
My primary point was, the living member of the group, will be performing the songs that Mobb Deep was most known for.

I never followed the group. Purely, based on the group's name, I just assumed that the 2 were part of a larger crew of rappers, hence the name "Mobb Deep."

Regardless that it only included two rappers, Mobb Deep wasn't an act known for lighthearted friendly raps. As I mentioned in my prior post, their most popular raps included a lot of violent language glorifying criminality and drug dealing. Their music was classed under the "gangster rap" genre.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:39 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
My primary point was, the living member of the group, will be performing the songs that Mobb Deep was most known for.

I never followed the group. Purely, based on the group's name, I just assumed that the 2 were part of a larger crew of rappers, hence the name "Mobb Deep."

Regardless that it only included two rappers, Mobb Deep wasn't an act known for lighthearted friendly raps. As I mentioned in my prior post, their most popular raps included a lot of violent language glorifying criminality and drug dealing. Their music was classed under the "gangster rap" genre.
Right

Regardless of what music Havoc performs it will be to an older crowd. The crowd for this concert - mostly working people in their 40s and 50s.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Right

Regardless of what music Havoc performs it will be to an older crowd.
Since it is free and open to the public, it will probably attract a lot of different types, including a number of young people, who may be looking for something to do...

Old 08-02-2021, 12:03 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,660 times
EPMD. I'd check this out just for them.

This is an old school lineup, not sure if the kids today would know who any of these artist are.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:12 PM

978 posts, read 676,081 times
Lol I won’t wager on how many get shot but the nypd gonna get some OT fer sure

Old 08-02-2021, 04:31 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,895,290 times
I'll pass... da f is this? hip-hop for old crows?

Old 08-02-2021, 07:13 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,155,294 times
Yes, the line up involve over 40 years old fans. And FH stadium is super nice, been to a reggae festival lasting 8 hrs. No violence.

These events are like a tool to rub it in the anti vaccinated faces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: