Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 10:51 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times

Advertisements

And there are folks that would vote for a guy on MFN am radio?!?!?!? Like voting for don Imus, rush Limbaugh or some sss.

Sliwa is that slime , like hot dog water, and pigeon poop, that make nyc special...not a compliment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 11:44 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I wouldn't vote Sliwa dog catcher!
actually that is one of his specialties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGf7T-BQuEk

https://sliwaforny.com/issues/no-kill-shelters/

ANIMAL WELFARE
NO-KILL SHELTERS

1. No-Kill NYC. NYC has one of the least progressive policies for animal shelters compared to other large metropolitan areas in the country. Los Angeles has no-kill shelters and we will follow a similar model to create the same success in NYC.
2. Using a portion of NYC shelter funding to make spay/neuter available to all NYC residents, reducing the number of animals in shelters.
3. Using a portion of shelter funding to spay/neuter outdoor community animals. (NYC Council unanimously approved this several years ago and Cuomo vetoed it)
4. Reinforcing the Elevating Crimes Against Animals division in the NYPD and holding the DA’s offices responsible for active prosecution of such offenders. (addressing the link between animal abuse and subsequent criminal activity)
5. Fighting the oppressive regulations about animals in homes, such as NYCHA’s new regulation banning dogs over 15 pounds and creating incentives for landlords to ease restrictions on animal bans in rental apartments. These are 2 HUGE reasons why people have to give up pets they have owned for years and needs to stop.

Old 09-11-2021, 04:27 AM

16,050 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I cannot believe that a Giuliani endorsement will win Sliwa any voters he doesn’t already have in his corner. After his entanglement with Trump, the Giuliani brand is toxic in New York.
Those who have lived all their lives in New York City know how Giuliani turned this city around for the better.
He is not toxic.

Anybody who have lived all their lives in New York City know how Sliwa and his Guardian Angels turned
this city around for the better.
He is not toxic either.

Out current mayor and his party is what have been truly toxic to this city..........................

Old 09-11-2021, 06:18 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,348 times
Some predictions......

1) The PBA will endorse Sliwa! If that happens, let the debate begin, about a police union endorsing a vigilante over and ex-cop.
2) Sliwa's vote will be in the upper 30s (maybe 40s!), which will make this closer than people think!

One does remember, in the past, Sliwa taking surprising positions on racial justice, in the city. I remember some interviews where he talked about how regarding the infamous incidents in New York (Howard Beach, Yusef Hawkins, Willie Turks); Sliwa argued, back then, that one of the reasons the perpetrators weren't brought to justice, sooner, was 1) some of the perps were in mob families; and 2) in those neighborhoods, "you didn't rat!" His stances in the past may have been one of the reasons, among others, why Jr. Gotti put a hit on him! (the beef with Junior was bigger than that, but still....!)

Old 09-11-2021, 06:52 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
actually that is one of his specialties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGf7T-BQuEk

https://sliwaforny.com/issues/no-kill-shelters/

ANIMAL WELFARE
NO-KILL SHELTERS

1. No-Kill NYC. NYC has one of the least progressive policies for animal shelters compared to other large metropolitan areas in the country. Los Angeles has no-kill shelters and we will follow a similar model to create the same success in NYC.
2. Using a portion of NYC shelter funding to make spay/neuter available to all NYC residents, reducing the number of animals in shelters.
3. Using a portion of shelter funding to spay/neuter outdoor community animals. (NYC Council unanimously approved this several years ago and Cuomo vetoed it)
4. Reinforcing the Elevating Crimes Against Animals division in the NYPD and holding the DA’s offices responsible for active prosecution of such offenders. (addressing the link between animal abuse and subsequent criminal activity)
5. Fighting the oppressive regulations about animals in homes, such as NYCHA’s new regulation banning dogs over 15 pounds and creating incentives for landlords to ease restrictions on animal bans in rental apartments. These are 2 HUGE reasons why people have to give up pets they have owned for years and needs to stop.
You guys keep showing me good reasons to vote for him everyday!

Old 09-11-2021, 09:26 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,179,553 times
May not be relevant to NYC but here's a link to another example.

//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...resigning.html

Old 09-11-2021, 12:35 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Those who have lived all their lives in New York City know how Giuliani turned this city around for the better.
He is not toxic.

Anybody who have lived all their lives in New York City know how Sliwa and his Guardian Angels turned
this city around for the better.
He is not toxic either.

Out current mayor and his party is what have been truly toxic to this city..........................
I have lived my entire life in NYC and Giuliani and Sliwa are both toxic affronts to this city.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:39 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
I have lived my entire life in NYC and Giuliani and Sliwa are both toxic affronts to this city.
That's a terrible thing to say, and especially today. I dont think the 911 tragedy would have been handled half as well if Koch or Bloomberg had been mayor.

He also cleaned up crime during his tenure. The streets and trains of our fair city felt halfway safe.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:58 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I dont think the 911 tragedy would have been handled half as well if Koch or Bloomberg had been mayor.
Yeah. I liked Bloomberg as a mayor but nope. Giuliani really came through that day and the immediate days following. Personally attended many funerals which meant a lot to those who were grieving their lost, loved ones. He did good.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:00 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
That's a terrible thing to say, and especially today. I dont think the 911 tragedy would have been handled half as well if Koch or Bloomberg had been mayor.

He also cleaned up crime during his tenure. The streets and trains of our fair city felt halfway safe.
I will say it again, Giuliani and Sliwa are toxic affronts to NYC. And also racist lunatics. And it was Giulian's idiotic decision to put the 911 call center at the base of the WTC even after it had already been bombed that caused so much damage that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City