Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 08:57 AM

10 posts, read 7,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
The training was tedious. I felt like a lot of what they taught us was common sense, especially since I’ve been in a position like this before. It started out slow, I wanted them to just get straight to the point. Training will be 9-5 every day for about 3 weeks.

For your actual schedule, they will give you set hours. The set time they give you is dependent on the availability they have. No one will have to be working overnight though. Overnight crew is happy with their set up. You won’t get that shift unless someone quits or retires. You will have to work weekends, but they ask your preference if you prefer Saturday or Sunday off. Also, the schedule you get is what you’ll have to keep for one year. You cannot change it, they simply won’t until you make a year.

The job itself is easy. You’ll get a lot of phone calls from wacky people lol just try to keep your sanity. I will tell you though a lot of people from my class have already gotten fired or quit. 311 is VERY strict. Plenty of people have already gotten write ups.
Hi are u still at the job? And what are your hours now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2022, 05:07 PM

250 posts, read 250,257 times
Training and job site is in Manhattan. Shift you’ll be started with is 9am-5pm, and then I’m not sure what hours they’ll give you once training is over. You will be getting full city benefits after 1 year. This is a union job. Your health benefits are active right away, but the top tier health ins comes after you pass your 1 year probation. This job has a pension / 401K

Old 09-30-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Training and job site is in Manhattan. Shift you’ll be started with is 9am-5pm, and then I’m not sure what hours they’ll give you once training is over. You will be getting full city benefits after 1 year. This is a union job. Your health benefits are active right away, but the top tier health ins comes after you pass your 1 year probation. This job has a pension / 401K
Wow thank you for all that information. Can u give me the address for the training site in Manhattan because I’m coming from the Bronx I would like to know the commute time also do they have parking lot , if you wanted to drive???? Thank you

Old 09-30-2022, 10:21 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,928,621 times
Its in lower Manhattan. HR will send you the address. Every train is down here. Nobody should be posting the address!!!

Old 09-30-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
Its in lower Manhattan. HR will send you the address. Every train is down here. Nobody should be posting the address!!!
Ok thank you are you still there. Can I ask what are your hours? If don’t mind. Thank you

Old 09-30-2022, 12:11 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,928,621 times
Sorry, I am not a CCR I work for OTI. The comments above are all pretty much accurate.

Old 10-01-2022, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Ok thank you are you still there. Can I ask what are your hours? If don’t mind. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: