Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 03:34 PM

37,162 posts, read 39,451,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I have 5 cars and drive into the city using all 5 at every chance I get.
Nice! What kind of vehicles? Do you have a plug-in as well? Do you also have a motorcycle?

Old 10-15-2021, 03:36 PM

5,831 posts, read 2,955,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Nice! What kind of vehicles? Do you have a plug-in as well? Do you also have a motorcycle?
Plug in ? Lol. I like v8s.

Old 10-15-2021, 05:10 PM

37,162 posts, read 39,451,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Plug in ? Lol. I like v8s.

Eh, I like W12's and Wankels, V8s are okay sometimes but usually boring from what I'm mostly into and could never figure out why more elderly drivers have such a fondness for them, but that doesn't mean plug-ins aren't interesting to me. Are these mostly older vehicles? Any interesting classic cars?

Old 10-15-2021, 06:11 PM

266 posts, read 151,788 times
Only teslas car sharing services will be allowed in Manhattan in the future. And Bentleys and rolls royce because rich people will be the only ones who can afford private vehicles

Old 10-15-2021, 10:23 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,081,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorJustinian View Post
MTA is a problem, but the previous Governor was a self-proclaimed "car guy". He was one of your kind running the state, and should never have been elected.

The MTA needs more accountability but so does the Port Authority. If officials are not spending the money on expanding the subway, then they should be lined up and beaten and canned publicly. When Cuomo proposed his dumb AirTrain, he should have been arrested since it was a flawed design when the easy option was extending the N line to LGA.

Cuomo should have been arrested for not adding Metro-North on the new Tappan Zee Bridge. That is a bigger waste since he had promised rail on the bridge only to be make the new bridge do the same exact thing.
If you think NY transit will ever get fixed- you've got a long road (or subway line) ahead of you Special Ed.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:42 PM

38 posts, read 16,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
If you think NY transit will ever get fixed- you've got a long road (or subway line) ahead of you Special Ed.

You clearly must be have been in the retard program since you failed history. NYC had a pretty good subway system until someone named Robert Moses came along and tried to make NYC more like a cities out West by revolving around cars.

The subway and other rail transit can get fixed but it is dummies like you that need to be forced out of the NY/NJ metro area and move upstate or Oklahoma cause you frankly don't belong here.

Old 10-16-2021, 04:12 AM

16,093 posts, read 6,863,630 times
Quote:
You obviously get filled with something else up your butt. Sorry, NYC needs its subway system since that is what makes it a world class city. If you so much want to drive, then go move to Nebraska or Iowa and make yourself feel cool with your car. I hear Des Moine is really nice. There are no subways or trains to get in your way. NYC doesn't need your kind anymore. Your kind has been a problem for this city since Robert Moses, and should be forced out.
I can see you are a newbee poster.
Word of advice.
Lean towards intelligent dialogue without profanity avoiding infractions.

Getting back to the MTA.
If you feel that the subway system is a marker for a world class
city please explain the failures of New York City unless you enjoy
the crime that accompanies our transit hub.

No comparisons to Russia,England Sweden and Japan.
I say fill the hole with sand................

Old 10-16-2021, 04:23 AM

16,093 posts, read 6,863,630 times
Quote:
You first went from saying junkies to now saying you are "pro-subway". Nice try.

As for efficiency, driving in FACT takes more time to get to Manhattan than the subway. LIE., the BQE, the Deegan, the Cross-Bronx, the Van Wyck, are all overloaded with traffic. And Manhattan is completely clogged with cars.

Cars don't make NYC interesting at all and in fact they look out of place. It brings ghettoness while proper mass transit and walkable areas brings sophistication like in Japan, Switzerland, or Austria.

So you are part of the problem.

You are correct .
Manhattan is no longer capable of
handling rush hour traffic.

You are incorrect.
Depending of the hour and the day
driving into New York City makes for
a quick and pleasant ride far better than
any transit system has to offer.

Old 10-16-2021, 04:43 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,263,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
That's what people like OP fail to address. The issue with mass transit in NYC is the MTA. It's become a thoroughly corrupt and broken organization from top to bottom.

The solution proposed by OP and his ilk is always to shovel more money to the MTA but that money simply gets stolen and wasted. The MTA is the literal definition of a money pit.

It's hard for me.to understand how some cannot /will not see how terrible the MTA (as an organization) is and that is precisely what's holding back mass transit in NYC.

A few weeks after Byford took the helm at the MTA, I saw him touring a subway station. I told my wife he'd be pushed out within a year. I was very tempted to come up.to him and tell him.thst but thought it'd be rather rude. He.seemed like a genuinely legit guy.

Guess what happened? I'm not Nostradamus but it's evident to anyone who's not literally mentally handicapped or has an agenda that the MTA is the problem with mass transit in NYC.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:44 AM

38 posts, read 16,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
I can see you are a newbee poster.
Word of advice.
Lean towards intelligent dialogue without profanity avoiding infractions.

Getting back to the MTA.
If you feel that the subway system is a marker for a world class
city please explain the failures of New York City unless you enjoy
the crime that accompanies our transit hub.

No comparisons to Russia,England Sweden and Japan.
I say fill the hole with sand................

I already explained the failure and it stems from Robert Moses and his attempts to make NYC car-centric to appeal to the trash of the city like you that don't belong here and would better be served moving to middle America.

Crime didn't return as a subway issue until the George Floyd and defund the police happened.

It also didn't help that NY for the last decade was run by a car-oriented governor. You seem to like him cause he made sure to hamper any effort at rail expansion.

The MTA is corrupt but so is the Port Authority, Department of Education, Sanitation, and the list can go go on. You seem to be fine with these agencies.

In Tokyo, one cannot buy a car unless they prove that they have a spot to park their car. So they are very restrictive with cars. So is London and Stockholm that have congestion pricing with money that gets spent on mass transit.

As for filling holes, well men already filled your mother for a cheap rate. You keep calling to eliminate the subway that is what you get.

You hate the subway and trains so much, even though your kind is better served elsewhere.

Last edited by EmperorJustinian; 10-16-2021 at 07:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City