Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 05:36 PM

870 posts, read 414,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Way too many people are moving to NJ from NYC these days. Whenever I talk to somebody they all say they are moving or looking at places in NJ to move to from NYC. Stop moving to NJ!! We don't need more NY transplants moving to NJ.

The traffic in NJ is getting worse because of NYers and the prices of rentals and services going up too.

Jersey city is like another Brooklyn downtown now. Full of hipsters.
Actually, in my opinion there is now point in moving to Hoboken or Jersey City if you're gonna move to Jersey.
Hunterdon County is nice and remote, the Flemington and Clinton Area is a breathe of fresh air.
I was talking to a business owner in Garfield yesterday, he said people have moved from NYC a lot, however he is confident that once NYC has a new mayor they are going to move back, if this can reassure you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 07:21 PM

789 posts, read 487,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Hey now!

I'm not sure if I count though. Half my family has always been in NJ (my mother's side), and I actually did live here until I was 7.

It's always been a thing anyway, so really, what's the sense in stopping now? Most people in NJ have NYC roots within 2 generations.

I just got back from Florida last night. WOW, I was impressed. I've spent very little time in Florida in the past. For some reason, this trip convinced me. This whole region just SUCKS. Once you're no longer bound to it to make money, you start to realize just how much better life is out there. I'm stuck here for family reasons for now, but within 10 years I'm definitely going to either live in a place like Florida or at least have a second home there. Main thing is getting to the point where I can say - like my high school buddy said to me yesterday as we drove around Orlando:

"I'm never stepping foot over NYC's borders ever again!"
Agree totally. As a native Queensite, I spent many working visits in the Tampa/Clearwater area since 2001 for work. Always liked it but thought it was too slow paced for me, plus I needed to be in Manhattan to literally be in the damn office. Dem dayz now be over! Also, at 49 yrs old, I want to be out of here by 55. Only family here as well as a million dollar home I need to eventually sell along with my 2 brothers is what's keeping me. I'm actually headed down to Tampa maybe in Nov to do a more in depth detailed 4 day scouting trip. Looking at places like Oldsmar, Tampa, Clearwater, Dunedin areas for potential move. Get myself a decent condo for about $150K and say goodbye to this cesspool for good.

If I decide I need a weekend of NYC filth, I can always catch a cheap flight for a weekend of "fun." However NYC is no longer fun since the covid nazis closed everything.

Old 10-18-2021, 09:56 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,301,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Way too many people are moving to NJ from NYC these days. Whenever I talk to somebody they all say they are moving or looking at places in NJ to move to from NYC. Stop moving to NJ!! We don't need more NY transplants moving to NJ.

The traffic in NJ is getting worse because of NYers and the prices of rentals and services going up too.

Jersey city is like another Brooklyn downtown now. Full of hipsters.

The rent/cost of housing is too damn high! People need to live somewhere. Jersey people can move to Philly.

I was looking at single family houses in BROWNSVILLE, Mother LOVING BROWNSVILLE!! were $600 to $700K.

Jersey it is. ( not for me....so don't crucify me!)

Old 10-18-2021, 10:18 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Lol. Jersey is where NYC, Connecticut, and towns along the Hudson rejects move when they have failed at life.

Old 10-18-2021, 10:53 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
The rent/cost of housing is too damn high! People need to live somewhere. Jersey people can move to Philly.

I was looking at single family houses in BROWNSVILLE, Mother LOVING BROWNSVILLE!! were $600 to $700K.

Jersey it is. ( not for me....so don't crucify me!)
Haha it's been like that for at least 10 years now

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-19-2021, 12:59 AM

789 posts, read 487,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Lol. Jersey is where NYC, Connecticut, and towns along the Hudson rejects move when they have failed at life.
As opposed to the hood ratz in places like ENY, Brownsville, Elmhurst, South Jamaica, just about all of da Bronx and Upper Manhattan? They're all winners, I get it.

Old 10-19-2021, 01:21 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
As opposed to the hood ratz in places like ENY, Brownsville, Elmhurst, South Jamaica, just about all of da Bronx and Upper Manhattan? They're all winners, I get it.
I’m talking about failed blue and white collar people, not gang bangers.

Just admit it, Jersey is for NYC rejects. You know it’s true as does everyone else. Always has been, always will be.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:20 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
What about upstate ny? Along the hudson? I see there is rail service,homes are affordable,good schools. . No one seems to talk too much about the region.

Old 10-19-2021, 06:18 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
This has to be top 10 stupidest posts I've ever seen on city data.

Old 10-19-2021, 06:38 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
This has to be top 10 stupidest posts I've ever seen on city data.
He's just trying to goad me.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City