Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 11:54 AM

106,566 posts, read 108,713,667 times

Advertisements

its easy today …cell phone pings confirm location easily as well as where you tend to bank , churches you may be members of , temples ,etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 01:50 PM

686 posts, read 300,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
yes it does when he doesnt say he is living there and only refers to putting his address on things

the logical question asked would have been i am living with my mother , can i stay in the apartment ?

that is likely what anyone of us would have asked had we not known the laws …not i have that address on my licence. and a con ed bill in my name , do i have succession rights .

that puts a big cloud over the whole scenario
He does not have to live there NOW, he or his sibling can move in TODAY, and in 2 years they are the owners if Mom passed away, RIP

Old 11-20-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent.in.ny View Post
He does not have to live there NOW, he or his sibling can move in TODAY, and in 2 years they are the owners if Mom passed away, RIP
then the paper work does not reflect his true address now and previously up to now .

his drivers license needs to be his current primary address not a future one if that is even true .

that is a fraudulent claim when it comes to rent controlled apartments .

he would have said he is living there in his first post , it only makes sense .

if it dont make sense it likely isnt true .

if he lived there that would have been the first thing he would have told us .

spin again … thanks for playing

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-20-2021 at 02:06 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 02:27 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times
Quote:
He does not know the requirements to be able to inherit the apartment. Therefore he came here to ask. Does thos make him suspicious of fraud, just asking questions?
If he was legitimately living there, physically there, paying the rent there, paying bills there, his name on the lease as a co-occupant with his mother he would not need to ask this question. It seems he does not want to be held liable for the lease/rent payments/damages to the apartment while his mother is alive.

The easiest way would be to put his name on the lease and start paying rent.

But he is trying to get a cheap apartment without any risk.

Old 11-20-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
If he was legitimately living there, physically there, paying the rent there, paying bills there, his name on the lease as a co-occupant with his mother he would not need to ask this question. It seems he does not want to be held liable for the lease/rent payments/damages to the apartment while his mother is alive.

The easiest way would be to put his name on the lease and start paying rent.

But he is trying to get a cheap apartment without any risk.
only a spouse has the right to be added on to a rent controlled lease living with the original tenant.

“The only family members that have the right to be added to an existing lease if the tenant is still in occupancy are spouses, Other family members such as children, grandchildren, and siblings are allowed to succeed the tenancy, or take over the lease after the person permanently vacates."

Old 11-20-2021, 04:48 PM

3,130 posts, read 2,724,468 times
Exactly. He can't add his name to the lease right now (unless the landlord consents, I guess).

Old 11-20-2021, 05:08 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
only a spouse has the right to be added on to a rent controlled lease living with the original tenant.

“The only family members that have the right to be added to an existing lease if the tenant is still in occupancy are spouses, Other family members such as children, grandchildren, and siblings are allowed to succeed the tenancy, or take over the lease after the person permanently vacates."
Rent controlled units generally do not have written leases as they normally weren't used back in day when these old apartments were rented.

While both rent stabilized and controlled units can give spouses certain rights, not sure how it works for the latter.

Also a rent regulated unit can only be succeeded to once, if a family member or whoever wants to try that game again in future a new lease must be created.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:21 PM

686 posts, read 300,060 times
Quote:
then the paper work does not reflect his true address now and previously up to now .

his drivers license needs to be his current primary address not a future one if that is even true .

that is a fraudulent claim when it comes to rent controlled apartments .

he would have said he is living there in his first post , it only makes sense .

if it dont make sense it likely isnt true .

if he lived there that would have been the first thing he would have told us .

spin again … thanks for playing
He said he does not live there now and he never said that his driver license shows his mother's address. Good night, end of "spin."

Old 11-20-2021, 05:29 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
He said he does not live there now and he never said that his driver license shows his mother's address. Good night, end of "spin."
Are you sure about that?

Post #1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero_Mero View Post
...and this location is my official address on my NY State ID.
Post #30:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero_Mero View Post
I actually have been living here for at least the last 2 years,

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-20-2021, 05:47 PM

exactly what he said .

the most important aspect that he is living there two years only was said after it was pointed out he was committing fraud.

the whole story smells
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City