Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 05:57 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,819,262 times

Advertisements

100% of us would be doing the same thing if the opportunity was given to us.

As long as its within the law, he shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

OP should set aside some lawyer money just in case. And if he's committing fraud then I hope it costs him a lot of money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 06:13 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,266,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post

OP should set aside some lawyer money just in case. And if he's committing fraud then I hope it costs him a lot of money!
Not true.

The lowlifes who abuse the system like to use this excuse. "Everybody does it!" " If you had the chance, you'd so it to!".

That's simply not true. Ive known people that have tried to pull this scam and others who haven't.

Most of it comes from pure greed.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:16 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,266,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
its easy today …cell phone pings confirm location easily as well as where you tend to bank , churches you may be members of , temples ,etc
You'd be surprised. It's fairly easy to pull this off so long as the original tenant is in on it too.

Old 11-20-2021, 06:29 PM

19,070 posts, read 13,999,119 times
There's a reason why integrity means what it means, and why few can claim to have it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-20-2021, 06:59 PM

686 posts, read 301,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Are you sure about that?

Post #1:

Post #30:
Oh, I missed that, sorry!
But that he admits all here shows that he really does not know how this all works, and has no intention to commt fraud.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:07 PM

5,713 posts, read 2,629,625 times
Quote:

Like hell I would. No way in hell could you even pay me much less offer me a discounted apartment to go live with someone for 2 years or more.
I'd rather live in the hood solo my whole life and barely get by then to spend my life living with someone waiting for them to die. Man that's really morbid when you type that out.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:30 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,508,751 times
It's one thing if hte actually moves in and lives there. It's another if he just pretends. But landlords aren't pushover about this. They'll crawl into all his bodily orifices to find if he's trying to fake it.

Quote:

Old 11-20-2021, 09:54 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,303,533 times
Quote:

Not 100%. I moved into my own (unsubsidized) apartment at 21 years old. Worked 2 jobs when I had to.
Never occurred to me to get on any type of govt program or live in any type of subsidized apartment.

If one needs as a temporary assistance fine. But making it your life's (from this OP's family over 40 years ) mission to plot and scheme on a derelict one bedroom apt? That is a such a waste of one's years. They could have 2 paid off houses by now with 20 year mortgage each.

I always tell people, don't be so smart and scheming that you out-scheme yourself.

Old 11-20-2021, 09:55 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,303,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Like hell I would. No way in hell could you even pay me much less offer me a discounted apartment to go live with someone for 2 years or more.
I'd rather live in the hood solo my whole life and barely get by then to spend my life living with someone waiting for them to die. Man that's really morbid when you type that out.

In a one bedroom apt at that lol

Old 11-21-2021, 01:55 AM

106,831 posts, read 109,092,448 times
the whole story makes no sense ..

if he was living there he could just give his mother the con ed money .not take a billing that his mother has had since the 1970s and put his name on it .

in fact he could just give her the same dollars to put , with the rent .

living there he already has succession rights .

if anyone wants to believe this malarkey go ahead but i am a big believer in if it doesn’t make sense it likely isnt true

this is the typical path things take when there is collusion to hold on to a rent controlled apartment when someone who doesnt live there tries to make it appear they do

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-21-2021 at 03:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City