Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 09:05 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,283,018 times

Advertisements

The extent of entitlement in NYC is horrifying. You'd think paying virtually nothing for rent, people would spend a few dollars out or pocket repairing minor issues.

The residents are parasites. NYCHA employees are parasites.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/26/nychas...e-hill-houses/

Quote:
“We moved here three years ago and the kitchen drawer always had issues opening and closing. The drawer is now officially broken and they haven’t come to fix it,” he added.
Can't fix a drawer?

Quote:
Silvia Santos, 69, said that she can’t even get NYCHA to come by and replace the shower rod in the bathroom of her Castle Hill Houses apartment — and that when repair crews do show up, they often leave the work unfinished.
I understand she's elderly but No kids ,grandkids, neighbor to help fix a shower rod or are they living in their own NYCHA apartments and just don't care?

Quote:
City Hall estimates it would take at least $40 billion — or more than $180,000 per unit — to bring all of NYCHA’s developments back to a good state of repair.
Every NYCHA apt should also come with a complimentary BMW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 09:17 AM

34,217 posts, read 47,533,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
The extent of entitlement in NYC is horrifying. You'd think paying virtually nothing for rent, people would spend a few dollars out or pocket repairing minor issues.

Can't fix a drawer?

I understand she's elderly but No kids ,grandkids, neighbor to help fix a shower rod or are they living in their own NYCHA apartments and just don't care?

This is the most talented thread you can start today? You are really selling yourself short. You can do much better than this. I believe in you, even if you don't believe in yourself.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-27-2021, 09:20 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,284,424 times
Quote:

Can't fix a drawer?

So you help her out. Should be fairly easy to track her down and you do seem concerned.
Problem solved.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:23 AM

Call that Thrive NYC bro

What type of person starts a thread about somebody trying to get their LL to fix their drawer?

1-800-ThriveNYC

They didn't steal the money, you mental patients never took advantage of the services offered

I'm still kicking myself for not going to sign up to get the training for the certificate to recognize if someone is in mental distress

Like who does this

Old 11-27-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
So you help her out. Should be fairly easy to track her down and you do seem concerned.
Problem solved.
I already do. Anyone who's not a parasite and net negative to the city (aka pays more in taxes than they take) is already helping all of them out.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:49 AM

This the best thread you could start today? You can do better, I believe in you even if you don't believe in yourself.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:50 AM

I can't even MoD anymore, I have to have heart-to-hearts now

If you notice other forums have a lot of spam threads

NYC virtually nil

I can't even do that now cause people bringing their mental issues on here

Old 11-27-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

They didn't steal the money, you mental patients never took advantage of the services offered
The truth is slowly starting to come out. We all know this mentality exists. It's why the politicians grow the welfare state in exchange for votes.

Let me try to understand something here. People who want to work and earn income beyond welfare handout thresholds are mental patients because they don't take advantage of the services offered.

The other side of the coin is the welfare class who sells their vote in that change for handouts are taking advantage of the services offered.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
The truth is slowly starting to come out. We all know this mentality exists. It's why the politicians grow the welfare state in exchange for votes.

Let me try to understand something here. People who want to work and earn income beyond welfare handout thresholds are mental patients because they don't take advantage of the services offered.

The other side of the coin is the welfare class who sells their vote in that change for handouts are taking advantage of the services offered.
I'll give you another chance, start over

Old 11-27-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'll give you another chance, start over
The only people who.defend the welfare state so ardently are those who benefit from it and who don't have the confidence that they could survive and thrive without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City