Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 06:22 AM

16,150 posts, read 6,892,845 times

Advertisements

Let me share .

#1 A beautiful home growing up left to decay. It only took 20 years.
Found out an inheritance in dispute between family members.
All siblings except one hold out wanting to sell.

#2 A beautiful home left in decay. Abandoned cars on property.
Found out the owner is a hoarder and it is unfortunate they do not see things
thru the same lenses as others.

#3 N.Y.C.H.A. Housing
Constant state of decay that residents have learned to subconsciously ignore.
The same consideration given cemeteries and local parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2021, 07:40 AM

4,199 posts, read 4,099,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
I'm on this street every day many times a day. No one that lives around here even is aware of what you're talking about. Sounds like you might be planning something. Huh?
I was in the area this morning so I drove by. It was easy to spot, a Victorian style house on a hill and the property is overgrown with weeds and vegetation.

Old 12-23-2021, 08:07 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,318,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I was in the area this morning so I drove by. It was easy to spot, a Victorian style house on a hill and the property is overgrown with weeds and vegetation.
Yes, it's very easy to spot. Wonder if it was a person who was a hoarder...

Old 12-23-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Yes, it's very easy to spot. Wonder if it was a person who was a hoarder...
It might not be abandoned and maybe the place just needs some cleanup. I saw it when I was stopped at the light so I didn’t get a closeup look but it was definitely overgrown with vegetation. On the side street I saw what looked like two cars from the 1980s.

Old 12-23-2021, 10:23 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,318,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
It might not be abandoned and maybe the place just needs some cleanup. I saw it when I was stopped at the light so I didn’t get a closeup look but it was definitely overgrown with vegetation. On the side street I saw what looked like two cars from the 1980s.
Yes, but where is the City at to get that situation under control? Little Neck is a nice upper class area. It is very unsightly to see this.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:30 PM

615 posts, read 449,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
Those two telephone poles at the end of the walkway from the house is weird, like two columns and the bit of red tape is also pretty odd.
That's the old double pole dilemma. When utilities replace a pole, they're supposed to transfer everything over ASAP, and then remove the old pole. They rarely do. Sometimes it takes years to transfer everything over, as each utility does its part (or doesn't). Electricity, telephone, and cable.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:50 PM

5,853 posts, read 2,975,368 times
Non of my business what happens with the house inside or out. I was just curious how the cars ended up in that state. Why were they not sold at some point or whey they were kept outside and why they were not junked when the time came.
The car in saddest state is a Lincoln Mark VII. I had 3 of those in my life time and my very first car was one of those. Hurts to see them that way, that’s all.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:42 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,338,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Non of my business what happens with the house inside or out. I was just curious how the cars ended up in that state. Why were they not sold at some point or whey they were kept outside and why they were not junked when the time came.
The car in saddest state is a Lincoln Mark VII. I had 3 of those in my life time and my very first car was one of those. Hurts to see them that way, that’s all.
Fun cars but that air suspensions was garbage. I think mine was a 1986 had it in 2001-2003. I’m pretty sure that house looked like that in 2014 when I lived in that area.

Old 12-23-2021, 05:55 PM

5,853 posts, read 2,975,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Fun cars but that air suspensions was garbage. I think mine was a 1986 had it in 2001-2003. I’m pretty sure that house looked like that in 2014 when I lived in that area.
Air suspension was fine, its when you didnt know how it works things got weird. Very simple system that lasts 10+ years easy. Each spring cost $150 ( back in the day, cheaper now) and took 5 minutes to change up front and a few minutes more out back. IN 84 it was the only air suspension car on the market, first by 6-10 years before anyone else stared offering it. 1987 Lincoln Continental was next with 4 corner Air suspension. IN 1990 Lexus LS400 offered air ride at a big premium. Today every upscale car rides on air, including my s550.

Old 12-24-2021, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
You don’t care about the house? Your thread is titled “creepy house info” and you wrote the following:

Quote:
Curious if anyone knows the history of the house or the family. I always wondered what happens and how things happen to a house like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City