Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 08:53 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,142,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
The one thing I hate about face masks is they fog up my glasses! I'm nearsighted and need to wear glasses. So it's either I walk around with fogged up vision, or I take off the glasses and walk around with blurred vision.

Wearing masks isn't really as simple as people make it seem. Sucks to wear glasses...

I wouldn’t change a word of what you wrote…

The OP seems to want a brawl to happen over this. Come on, people are only trying to get through this
mess. It’s everywhere, not just NYC specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 09:25 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,567,351 times
The glasses thing is effing real and annoying.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:57 PM

19,600 posts, read 9,596,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
I haven't noticed that. What I notice is about 20 to 40% of people not masked up in the trains or with mask below nose. It didn't bother me much a few weeks ago but now it does with omicron

I bought a really good set of KF94 very breathable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0943DZCSG...roduct_details
so I feel better about being in train with unmasked people.
how long did it take to get your masks after you ordered? I think I read that they were made in S Korea. Perhaps Amazon has enough at their warehouses,that if you ordered shipment could get to you less than a week.

Old 12-21-2021, 10:51 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,613,478 times
I’ve noticed that myself, where people make an effort to squeeze the mask on their noses extra tight when they’re around others. Something else really obnoxious are the ones who make a point to look down at the ground as you pass them by, because they’re soooo afraid of the virus getting in their eyes or something.

Old 12-21-2021, 11:25 PM

416 posts, read 248,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I was waiting to see how people would use COVID to try to be smart @sses. Some people I have seen since this pandemic began both on the street and in stores make a point to act as if they are afraid of someone who is already masked by "adjusting" their own masks, or they will put their hand over their mask that is already covering their mouth and nose as if to make a point to whoever is around them that they have concerns about them perhaps having COVID and don't want to get it. It's so pretentious and stupid.

I wanna punch them in the face when they do that crap. I'm wondering if anyone here does this or has noticed it? I have seen mainly elderly people do this around young people, as if us young people are reckless and aren't vaccinated, but I've also seen young people do it other young people to make a point, and the only thing I can think of is that they are trying to convey a message that they are somehow better than the other person whom they presume to have COVID (even though they have no way of knowing).
Are you double vaccinated with a booster yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
I’ve noticed that myself, where people make an effort to squeeze the mask on their noses extra tight when they’re around others. Something else really obnoxious are the ones who make a point to look down at the ground as you pass them by, because they’re soooo afraid of the virus getting in their eyes or something.
If you ever see me with a masks on and I'm looking down as you pass by, it's to cover the sadness in my eyes.

Old 12-22-2021, 03:13 AM

9,251 posts, read 24,120,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I was waiting to see how people would use COVID to try to be smart @sses. Some people I have seen since this pandemic began both on the street and in stores make a point to act as if they are afraid of someone who is already masked by "adjusting" their own masks, or they will put their hand over their mask that is already covering their mouth and nose as if to make a point to whoever is around them that they have concerns about them perhaps having COVID and don't want to get it. It's so pretentious and stupid.

I wanna punch them in the face when they do that crap. I'm wondering if anyone here does this or has noticed it? I have seen mainly elderly people do this around young people, as if us young people are reckless and aren't vaccinated, but I've also seen young people do it other young people to make a point, and the only thing I can think of is that they are trying to convey a message that they are somehow better than the other person whom they presume to have COVID (even though they have no way of knowing).
What's wrong with you ? You want to punch people in the face for behavior(perhaps with motives imagined by you) that has virtually no affect on you whatsoever ? Think about it. Very bully ish.
You will have a very miserable life if you spend any energy contemplating trying to correct the behavior of strangers. It is impossible to do this, maybe especially in NYC. Really... you probably shouldn't even live in NYC if the harmless real or imagined behavior of strangers has that kind of affect on you. Just ignore them and keep you blood pressure down.

Last edited by bluedog2; 12-22-2021 at 03:35 AM..

Old 12-22-2021, 05:42 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,337,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
What's wrong with you ? You want to punch people in the face for behavior(perhaps with motives imagined by you) that has virtually no affect on you whatsoever ? Think about it. Very bully ish.
You will have a very miserable life if you spend any energy contemplating trying to correct the behavior of strangers. It is impossible to do this, maybe especially in NYC. Really... you probably shouldn't even live in NYC if the harmless real or imagined behavior of strangers has that kind of affect on you. Just ignore them and keep you blood pressure down.
For pretentious behavior, they should be punched in the face.

It's not imagined. There are some people doing this nonsense. This guy was in the supermarket yesterday. He came into the store with his mask clearly already on. Everyone had masks on so he wasn't "in danger", but he proceeded to stand there with his hand over the nose area of his mask to signal to everyone that he was taking "extra precautions" to ensure his mask was covering his nose and this went on for a few minutes while I picked up veggies, etc. He looked like a complete idiot. You are a smart guy, so don't tell me that people don't emphasize certain behavior to send off vibes they want to give off.

It's like passive aggressive behavior some women do when they "adjust" their bags when they see what they consider to be shady men walking near them. It's done as a put down, and there are some people out here doing this with their mask too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
Are you double vaccinated with a booster yet?
I am vaccinated. Why should that matter either way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
Yes! That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about and they stand there doing that. It's passive aggressive behavior. I have seen some people literally run away from people that they felt might have COVID as if they can't be in the same space. It's quite comical to watch.

Old 12-22-2021, 07:25 AM

1,081 posts, read 560,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
how long did it take to get your masks after you ordered? I think I read that they were made in S Korea. Perhaps Amazon has enough at their warehouses,that if you ordered shipment could get to you less than a week.
Ordered Dec. 17 and received the next day Dec 18.
I think Amazon has a lot of warehouses with popular products in NYC

Old 12-22-2021, 07:27 AM

1,046 posts, read 471,580 times
I'm with those who wear glasses. That's the only time I find myself fiddling with my mask is when I'm trying to defog my glasses. I've tried all sorts of masks besides the true K95's at this point and none of them have prevented glass fog.

Old 12-22-2021, 07:29 AM

1,081 posts, read 560,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
I'm with those who wear glasses. That's the only time I find myself fiddling with my mask is when I'm trying to defog my glasses. I've tried all sorts of masks besides the true K95's at this point and none of them have prevented glass fog.
This trick might work https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/healt...rnd/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: