Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2021, 10:48 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
This whole Covid thing sucks.
I too was taken aback as my wife calls it " The Drama "
employed by some mask wearers. The hand over the mask
is a perfect example. I can not prove whether this reaction is
genuine or a cover for being a malcontent but respect it either way.
Why? When a masked person approaches me ( I wear masks all the time )
I tell a person I'm not vaccinated and the reaction is immediate!
They step away from me to which I respond
" I'm sorry you are not a Trump fan "..............Pure Gold!
LOL Yeah as if you have the plague... I've always treated this pandemic as it's a virus like many others and I mask up when I have to and that's that. Some people take it way too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
People care way too much about what random people think.
No, just an observation. Something else I find funny is how everyone is running to get COVID tests now as if the world is coming to an end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
The bigger question in my opinion is, why do you care? Based on your post, I assume that you feel personally offended because you believe, the person is making assumptions about other people possibly having COVID.

Why waste time worrying or concerning yourself with their silly behaviors? If they want to believe that you or anyone else has covid, so be it. Their opinions and beliefs are not important and it has no bearing on you.
I don't, but we all observe things and I'm simply stating an observation I've noticed since this pandemic started. It's just funny to see grown-ups acting so foolish, and it's interesting to see that others have noticed these idiotic behaviors as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2021, 12:57 PM

34,011 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Because I only notice it here in NYC, not elsewhere. Only certain areas though.
I wouldn't make too much of it. This pandemic has affected people mentally and its glaringly obvious. As long as people keep their distance I dont care what they say or do.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-22-2021, 12:58 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
f**k em. why do u care about people fixing their own masks?
this sh** is weird

Old 12-22-2021, 05:44 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
I was waiting to see how people would use COVID to try to be smart @sses. Some people I have seen since this pandemic began both on the street and in stores make a point to act as if they are afraid of someone who is already masked by "adjusting" their own masks, or they will put their hand over their mask that is already covering their mouth and nose as if to make a point to whoever is around them that they have concerns about them perhaps having COVID and don't want to get it. It's so pretentious and stupid.

I wanna punch them in the face when they do that crap. I'm wondering if anyone here does this or has noticed it? I have seen mainly elderly people do this around young people, as if us young people are reckless and aren't vaccinated, but I've also seen young people do it other young people to make a point, and the only thing I can think of is that they are trying to convey a message that they are somehow better than the other person whom they presume to have COVID (even though they have no way of knowing).

I've never seen anyone adjust their mask with an ulterior motive, but if I did, it wouldn't bother me. Perhaps it's just like someone checking to see if they're zipped.

What does bother me, though, is someone wanting to "punch them in the face" over that. If they're a little paranoid, why should you be so hostile?

Old 12-22-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I've never seen anyone adjust their mask with an ulterior motive, but if I did, it wouldn't bother me. Perhaps it's just like someone checking to see if they're zipped.

What does bother me, though, is someone wanting to "punch them in the face" over that. If they're a little paranoid, why should you be so hostile?
Why are you so bothered by what I'm thinking? I said I wanted to because of their pompous behavior. I never said I have. Big difference...

Old 12-22-2021, 08:51 PM

416 posts, read 247,420 times
Quote:
For pretentious behavior, they should be punched in the face.

It's not imagined. There are some people doing this nonsense. This guy was in the supermarket yesterday. He came into the store with his mask clearly already on. Everyone had masks on so he wasn't "in danger", but he proceeded to stand there with his hand over the nose area of his mask to signal to everyone that he was taking "extra precautions" to ensure his mask was covering his nose and this went on for a few minutes while I picked up veggies, etc. He looked like a complete idiot. You are a smart guy, so don't tell me that people don't emphasize certain behavior to send off vibes they want to give off.

It's like passive aggressive behavior some women do when they "adjust" their bags when they see what they consider to be shady men walking near them. It's done as a put down, and there are some people out here doing this with their mask too.

I am vaccinated. Why should that matter either way?

Yes! That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about and they stand there doing that. It's passive aggressive behavior. I have seen some people literally run away from people that they felt might have COVID as if they can't be in the same space. It's quite comical to watch.
The problem is, you are not boosted

Old 12-22-2021, 08:51 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post

It's NYC I don't understand why OP is paying that close attention to people unless they are making jerking or exaggerating movements...

I assess from about 100 meters if you are likely to be clinically sane and space accordingly. I don't care about fidgeting or someone adjusting their mask.

Old 12-22-2021, 09:05 PM

416 posts, read 247,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
It's NYC I don't understand why OP is paying that close attention to people unless they are making jerking or exaggerating movements...

I assess from about 100 meters if you are likely to be clinically sane and space accordingly. I don't care about fidgeting or someone adjusting their mask.
Still no proof of that 15% bodyfat claim?

Old 12-22-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplifly View Post
The problem is, you are not boosted
LOL Silly me...

Old 12-22-2021, 09:16 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
Quote:
I was waiting to see how people would use COVID to try to be smart @sses. Some people I have seen since this pandemic began both on the street and in stores make a point to act as if they are afraid of someone who is already masked by "adjusting" their own masks, or they will put their hand over their mask that is already covering their mouth and nose as if to make a point to whoever is around them that they have concerns about them perhaps having COVID and don't want to get it. It's so pretentious and stupid.

I wanna punch them in the face when they do that crap. I'm wondering if anyone here does this or has noticed it? I have seen mainly elderly people do this around young people, as if us young people are reckless and aren't vaccinated, but I've also seen young people do it other young people to make a point, and the only thing I can think of is that they are trying to convey a message that they are somehow better than the other person whom they presume to have COVID (even though they have no way of knowing).
Maybe their mask is bothering them and they are adjusting it. I do it all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: