Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 07:44 PM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times

Advertisements

Murder with a deadly weapon will be treated as a misdemeanor with the new AG (a super progressive). WTF is wrong with these voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 09:39 PM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
LOL, ok details don't matter anymore

No, details such as a street stand vs. street cart, or what else the guy was selling besides candy from the cart/stand, do NOT matter AT ALL in this particular discussion. I said the Arabic-like guy was a street vendor, and the thief scooped a bunch of candy from his cart. I do believe that the thing had wheels (though I could not positively swear) so I think it was in fact a cart, but who the h*ll cares whether it was a cart or a stand?! A street vendor was selling stuff from some kind of common street structure, and his stuff included candy, as it commonly does in such structures in Manhattan. A thief grabbed a bunch of candy from this vendor's street business, a woman confronted the thief, and the thief said what I described above. The point of this is not a discussion of cart vs. stand, or what kinds of street vendors do or don't sell candy - the point is that this guy stole some merchandise, and laughingly stated that the police can't do anything to him, and the woman should go ahead and call the police if she wanted to get herself in trouble. The point of this is that the thief's behavior and statements illustrate how protected crime is in NYC - and it is beyond irrelevant whether this guy stole candy bars from a cart or a stand, or what else the street vendor was or was not selling besides candy. The cart/stand was parked near the intersection of W 72nd St and Broadway - probably is still there, this was only about 4.5 months ago, so if you really want to investigate, go and talk with the Arabic dude.

Old 01-05-2022, 09:42 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
No, details such as stand vs. cart, or what else the guy was selling besides candy, do NOT matter in this particular discussion. I said the Arabic-like guy was a street vendor, and the thief scooped a bunch of candy from his cart. I do believe that the thing had wheels (though I could not positively swear) so I think it was in fact a cart, but who the h*ll cares whether it was a cart or a stand?! A street vendor was selling stuff from some kind of common street structure, and his stuff included candy, as it commonly does in such structures in Manhattan. A thief grabbed a bunch of candy from this vendor's street business, a woman confronted the thief, and the thief said what I described above. The point of this is not a discussion of cart vs. stand, or what kinds of street vendors do or don't sell candy - the point is that this guy stole some merchandise, and laughingly stated that the police can't do anything to him, and the woman should go ahead and call the police if she wanted to get herself in trouble. The point of this is that the thief's behavior and statements illustrate how protected crime is in NYC - and it is beyond irrelevant whether this guy stole candy bars from a cart or a stand, or what else the street vendor was or was not selling besides candy.
Lol so nobody ever stole candy, or committed any type of crime before bail reform. How did we get so delusional? Did the pandemic really do this to people? Smh.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-05-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Lol so nobody ever stole candy, or committed any type of crime before bail reform. How did we get so delusional? Did the pandemic really do this to people? Smh.

No, prior to certain changes in the approach to crime enforcement, I don't recall ever seeing (or hearing of) a candy thief laughingly saying that police can't do anything to him (I think he said "can't do nothing" to be precise), and that a person reporting the theft would get herself in trouble if she reported him. That is quite new. I don't know to whom you are referring as "delusional" or why. I did not have a delusion of seeing the candy theft incident, or hearing the thief's comments - I am 100% certain of the reality of it. The pandemic did not do "this" to people - dismantling of law enforcement did something real to people, namely, made people far less safe in the city. You can shake your head as much as you like, though head-shaking is regrettably not known to increase an IQ, or lead to the correct comprehension of anything.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:30 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
No, prior to certain changes in the approach to crime enforcement, I don't recall ever seeing (or hearing of) a candy thief laughingly saying that police can't do anything to him (I think he said "can't do nothing" to be precise), and that a person reporting the theft would get herself in trouble if she reported him. That is quite new. I don't know to whom you are referring as "delusional" or why. I did not have a delusion of seeing the candy theft incident, or hearing the thief's comments - I am 100% certain of the reality of it. The pandemic did not do "this" to people - dismantling of law enforcement did something real to people, namely, made people far less safe in the city. You can shake your head as much as you like, though head-shaking is regrettably not known to increase an IQ, or lead to the correct comprehension of anything.
Lol, so we've never had repeat offenders before

Ok

The truth is that a lot of our elderly do not believe our city (Manhattan really) is safe anymore; the city should pay more attention to its elderly population

However safe the city may not seem right now, there is clearly a distinct part of the population that will sit in those outdoor tents, and clamor for the city to reinstitute to go drinks

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-06-2022, 12:22 AM

1,052 posts, read 451,761 times
Quote:
Funnily enough, in August on 76th and Broadway I also witnessed a similar blatant display of anarchy and criminality. A masked thug ran out of the Le Pain Quotidien with the whole cash register just as I was walking down. One of the employees ran out for a second and tried to stop, but gave up very quick. Some of the progressive woke diners seemed fazed for a second, but then went right back to living in their delusional bubble.

What struck me was how we've come to the point - where such things are allowed to happen so nonchalantly. And nobody does anything.

Old 01-06-2022, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Lol, so we've never had repeat offenders before

Ok

The truth is that a lot of our elderly do not believe our city (Manhattan really) is safe anymore; the city should pay more attention to its elderly population

However safe the city may not seem right now, there is clearly a distinct part of the population that will sit in those outdoor tents, and clamor for the city to reinstitute to go drinks

Do you have a problem comprehending a simple text, do you have a learning disability? Where did I mention repeat offenders? I related witnessing a candy thief laughing about police not being able to do anything to him, and about someone else likely getting in legal trouble herself for reporting his theft to police. You seem not to understand the meaning of it at all: that his ability to steal is now legally PROTECTED, at the expense of the street vendor whose honest small business is not protected at all, and neither is an ordinary New Yorker who walks into a criminal situation and wants to report it. No, that has not been happening before.

Ok? What is it that you consider to be ok about this?

What is "elderly"? The earliest age for the Elderly Tax Credit is 65, so by that definition I'm not elderly quite yet, for 3+ more years. A more colloquial definition of elderly is a person who appears to be disabled by age, without a specific age cutoff. Tom Hanks is 65 - is he elderly, is he disabled by age? Is Bill Gates elderly at 66? Or does the age of 40 get counted as elderly by people who have 3 kids by the age of 18, and are in the wheelchair by the age of 22 due to gunshot wound sustained in a gang shootout? Wanting to spend time in the city in better ways than dodging uncontrolled crime is not a sign of being "elderly", but of having something upstairs in addition to a reptile brain designed exclusively for mating & fighting.

Last edited by elnrgby; 01-06-2022 at 04:24 AM..

Old 01-06-2022, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Funnily enough, in August on 76th and Broadway I also witnessed a similar blatant display of anarchy and criminality. A masked thug ran out of the Le Pain Quotidien with the whole cash register just as I was walking down. One of the employees ran out for a second and tried to stop, but gave up very quick. Some of the progressive woke diners seemed fazed for a second, but then went right back to living in their delusional bubble.

What struck me was how we've come to the point - where such things are allowed to happen so nonchalantly. And nobody does anything.

The candy thief on W 72nd & Bway was in August too! But he was not masked, and did not look as though he could run. The agenda of the crime lobby were to make crime normal and acceptable, to make a record of 30+ armed "trespasses" and "misdemeanors" equally normal and acceptable as a CV with bachelor's degree and ten years of working as an accountant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City