Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2022, 04:58 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,878,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This is what folks don't get. That entire economic model was unsustainable and relied upon a new sucker being literally born every minute and filling the spot of those who crashed and burned every year.
Adams might not have expected coming into office right when there is a titanic shift in the "street economy", and he could be afraid that voters will blame him for it like what happened to some of his predecessors. But he should have known this when he ran for office and he could have devised a sweeping economic plan instead of thinking he could ride the same model until his next career move. Economic issues were never his top campaign priorities, which is worrying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 05:48 AM

5,860 posts, read 2,980,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Last of the 3 will never happen, but it's the top reason why people don't like to commute.
Commuting is a waste of time. Imagine having 3 hours of extra free time for yourself every day. Imagine time lost in your life commuting.
That extra time is very beneficial for quality of life. Quality of life which wasnt that good to begin with already. Why would anyone want to give that up? To help laundromats and delis in manhattan? Got to hell I say, with egg and bacon on it.

Ill be doing half/half from here on. Working from home was good but it gets boring after a while. 50/50 mix is ideal.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:28 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,878,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Commuting is a waste of time. Imagine having 3 hours of extra free time for yourself every day. Imagine time lost in your life commuting.
That extra time is very beneficial for quality of life. Quality of life which wasnt that good to begin with already. Why would anyone want to give that up? To help laundromats and delis in manhattan? Got to hell I say, with egg and bacon on it.

Ill be doing half/half from here on. Working from home was good but it gets boring after a while. 50/50 mix is ideal.
The worst part is being forced to commute when the person and everyone else knows that it is not necessary.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:22 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,339,548 times
Quote:
The worst part is being forced to commute when the person and everyone else knows that it is not necessary.
This is why my company is doing so well!! We convince these companies that office space is a waste of $$ and commuting is a thing of the past! We show them the cost savings of being fully remote with occasion short term rental space. Our 2022 goal is to move 110k NYC workers out of the city forever and into there homes. At the end of the day the decision makers like profits and this a easy way to obtain it.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:51 AM

2,459 posts, read 1,231,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post

As I and others have posted on this board, with WFH weekends are truly your own. Me and Mr's UAM have time to cook or own meals no coming home tired and saying lets order in. All chores like laundry house keeping all done during the time we used to stand on a subway, or sit on the LIE. Also the money saved is great!

If you like 50/50 good on you, I'll pass.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:06 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,901,152 times
Quote:
Adams might not have expected coming into office right when there is a titanic shift in the "street economy", and he could be afraid that voters will blame him for it like what happened to some of his predecessors. But he should have known this when he ran for office and he could have devised a sweeping economic plan instead of thinking he could ride the same model until his next career move. Economic issues were never his top campaign priorities, which is worrying.
This is why Yang should have been elected. Now the old fogies who elected Adams are going to whine about lack of progress

Old 01-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
This is why my company is doing so well!! We convince these companies that office space is a waste of $$ and commuting is a thing of the past! We show them the cost savings of being fully remote with occasion short term rental space. Our 2022 goal is to move 110k NYC workers out of the city forever and into there homes. At the end of the day the decision makers like profits and this a easy way to obtain it.
That would be the real American Way. Embrace change and profit off of it.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:18 AM

1,052 posts, read 454,619 times
None of this will matter until someone with enough power says to DA Fat Alvin: We need you to stop smoking wokeness and enforce the laws, not change them to your own liking.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
None of this will matter until someone with enough power says to DA Fat Alvin: We need you to stop smoking wokeness and enforce the laws, not change them to your own liking.
He has to be a pawn.

Old 01-07-2022, 02:34 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,268,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
As I and others have posted on this board, with WFH weekends are truly your own. Me and Mr's UAM have time to cook or own meals no coming home tired and saying lets order in. All chores like laundry house keeping all done during the time we used to stand on a subway, or sit on the LIE. Also the money saved is great!

If you like 50/50 good on you, I'll pass.
This isn't even nearly the best part.

Not being around the ****ing idiots (both management and non management) at work has raised my mental health immeasurably.

You can't imagine the amount of ****ers who know it's easier to run up to you and ask for something because it's easier than doing it themselves. It's always easier to just do whatever it is then to waste energy and time telling them they need to do it themselves.

Now, they don't have this option. Sink or swim for the dumb and/or lazy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City