Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 09:37 AM

3,497 posts, read 1,412,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
I'm fully vaxxed and boosted. But it's starting to look like the vaccines are not true vaccines but are being pushed on the public as such.

These vaccines were supposed to be really good with breakthrough infections being exceedingly rare. Doesn't seem like that is the case....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 09:38 AM

2,317 posts, read 1,152,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Not sure about Manhattan, but here in my outer boro, business as usual.

I've only heard of a few temporary Omicron-related retail closures on Staten Island. No restaurants but I'm not totally sure about that.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:49 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,395,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Yeah. People are spooked. Restaurants are dead. It's worse than last year when people were in a rallying kind of mood to go out and dine. No more. And I know plenty of people (including me) that's been cancelling trips due to the sheer hassle of it all (having to get tested, airlines canceling flights left and right). Who wants to wait on line for 4 hrs + out in the cold to get tested. Not me. Great way to catch a cold or the flu much less Omicron.

Wait, are you saying you need to get tested for a domestic flight (originating and ending in the US)? Ihaven't heard anything about that. I registered my vaccination long ago with my preferred airline, and have a flight coming up (domestic), but the flight requirements page says I am all set, nothing else to do. They don't even require a booster record (which I have, but there is nowhere to enter it). Is there something about this that I don't know??

Old 01-06-2022, 09:50 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,220,813 times
Experimental gene therapy, not a vaccine.

How many people got a polio vaccine and then got polio, and said "Gee good thing I was vaccinated, otherwise my polio would be worse"

Old 01-06-2022, 10:22 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Because no one is 100% immune to serious illness …while this strain is more like coldvid then covid there are people still hospitalized.

I never thought i would have been the one hospitalized last year nor my wife yet we were .

Someone is always going to be on the wrong side of a statistic and I am not chancing it’s us again nor will I count on the fact delta is gone.

Covid was an experience I never want to go through again .

Never in a hospital in my life and covid sent me and my wife there for two weeks , non icu
So in other words, you don’t even have full confidence in this vaccine you spend all your time here defending and pushing for?

Old 01-06-2022, 10:24 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Experimental gene therapy, not a vaccine.

How many people got a polio vaccine and then got polio, and said "Gee good thing I was vaccinated, otherwise my polio would be worse"
Correct.

Unlike this Covid pseudo-vaccine, no one is scared of still getting polio, measles, mumps, rubella after getting vaccinated for those diseases.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:28 AM

5,827 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Is regular flu still on the menu or is it covid only.
Meanwhile in Florida and Texas life is great.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:34 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Oh man, I really thought this was all a overhype by the media, but this crap is real. Over the past week, I've received texts from colleagues, friends and families about them contracting the virus- most of them were vaccinated and boosted too.

Seriously, soooo many people are getting infected right now! This is no joke! No one I know is dying right now from the virus, so definitely not deadly, but they are getting very sick.
I've been seeing and hearing more & more ambulances with their sirens blaring. But I don't think deaths are up. Just cases & hospitalizations. I hope all this dies down soon. It has in other countries, I think.

Old 01-06-2022, 10:41 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So in other words, you don’t even have full confidence in this vaccine you spend all your time here defending and pushing for?
I never bet 100% on anything. But I do want the odds in my favor via vaccination and the booster if we do get it again .

We know many that have had it twice pre vaccine and bad

Last edited by mathjak107; 01-06-2022 at 10:52 AM..

Old 01-06-2022, 10:42 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Wait, are you saying you need to get tested for a domestic flight (originating and ending in the US)? Ihaven't heard anything about that. I registered my vaccination long ago with my preferred airline, and have a flight coming up (domestic), but the flight requirements page says I am all set, nothing else to do. They don't even require a booster record (which I have, but there is nowhere to enter it). Is there something about this that I don't know??
You know better than me. I thought you had to get tested regardless. If they're saying you don't have to for domestic than I'll go with what they're telling you. They ought to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City